Search results

  1. D

    Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

    It was one of their better skits. I liked it much much more than the Fraggle Rock one (better writing could have helped it... and actual research of the show and character dynamics). Of course, I'm sure adult cartoon series parody is FAR from canon. :D But danged if they don't bring up a...
  2. D

    Muppet Film and TV References

    On tonight's Family Guy, "A Foreign Affair" Lois and Bonnie are in France, and Lois says, "can we at least got on a Muppet style sight seeing trip first?" and we have actual live action Lois and Bonnie puppets looking at green screened sights.
  3. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    That's why exactly they can't be first run movies. The theaters don't really care about who sees a movie a week before it comes to DVD...
  4. D

    "The Muppets" Teaser Poster

    3-D is basically a pathetic gimmick created to stop everything NOT downloaded from being obsolete. I've said it before, I'm NO fan of instant gratification culture. No one wants to go to the movies anymore unless you can watch it on a phone (because everyone knows a movie looks MUCH better...
  5. D

    Is this cartoon really so bad?

    The characters are ripoffs, no question... though frankly EVERY cartoon character looked like that at the time (all generic mice looked like Mickey, even before Walt did Oswald... Mickey was just the first mouse to have a name). But the subject matter is cliche. Compare it to the Fleischer...
  6. D

    Daytime Emmy Noms.

    I agree... I don't see why the extra mention of Dino Train and Sid (minus a passing reference) would have been so much a big deal. But when Sesame Street is involved, it just gets bigger press. I do like Sid and Dino Train, but SS will always be a lot more popular. Sid seems to be completely...
  7. D

    Is this cartoon really so bad?

    Yes, but so wasn't Betty Boop, and those were some of the greatest, craziest cartoons of all time. Even some of the Felix's that were silent really entertain me now. Having seen this cartoon, it's just... it's cliche ridden... eating candy, giant musical instruments, a goofy king... nothing...
  8. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    I once had the notion of having a movie buffet theater, where all you do is buy one ticket, and you have admittance to the whole theater for the entire day. Sure, you couldn't very well show first run movies, but if you see a movie you don't like, you can walk out and see another. You can...
  9. D

    "The Muppets" Teaser Poster

    I swear, the last traditionally drawn and painted poster (before Princess and the Frog) was the horrid movie Gramma's Boys (or something like that) drawn in a ripoff of the poster from Animal House. That said, I don't mind the Smurf butts crushed in a NY subway train... the movie's probably...
  10. D

    Is this cartoon really so bad?

    You know what cartoons I never have any love for? Those late 1920's cartoons where everyone saw Steamboat Willie and said "HOLY CRAP! We can make cartoons with SOUND!" and preceded to make terrible cartoons about dancing flowers and dancing farm animals with NO plot whatsoever. Maybe a racial...
  11. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    In his case, yes.... The fact he's obsessing about it just... I dunno what to say there. I mean, yeah, I'll passively aggressively defend something someone rips on me, but ONLY once and the matter is dropped. This member's getting on Beaker about something he said months, almost a year ago...
  12. D

    Is this cartoon really so bad?

    I dunno... I really can't watch the whole thing at the moment, and after about a minute I just gave up... Here's my feeling... 1930's cartoons run hot and cold with me. The Fleischer Studio did some of it's best work in that period (except the 1940's Superman shorts... those were well ahead...
  13. D

    "The Muppets" Teaser Poster

    This is why I wish they had some reputable place to buy movie posters cheap... Though it will never be as beautiful as those old hand drawn, painted ones.
  14. D

    "The Muppets" Teaser Poster

    You NEVER see (or at least rarely ever see) any Muppet Show posers walking upright. Something about that really gives this poster some oomph! Anything else I could say is the same old "I can't wait" stuff. I wish we could see a nice, clean, high res version, though.
  15. D

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    Michael Jackson owns a LOT of songs he didn't write, specifically Beatles ones... that's one of the reasons why Beatles songs weren't on iTunes for a while. At least that's the rumor... that they have to renegotiate songs he bought the rights to. Now, I must insist that if no one has any...
  16. D

    Daytime Emmy Noms.

    Yes, but there's a difference between you gotta spend money to make money and the new practice of if you have money you have money. Even cheating to get more money requires SPENDING money. The people that run things now are just there and just have money to play with and don't play with very...
  17. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    I think it had a STRONG anti-Big Business, pro-Small business message in the subtle context of cars preferring to rush down a convenient highway, ignoring the smaller shops that NEED their help desperately. I honestly don't see the anti-Bush message in the winning at any cost isn't winning...
  18. D

    Daytime Emmy Noms.

    But that's just it. Those lousy shows are so cheap to make it doesn't matter if no one responds. They can easily replace replacements until they just give up to the inevitable and just run infomercials and get small amounts of free money for doing nothing. I get that television is vast...
  19. D

    Kermit at the Pirates of the Caribbean 4 Premiere

    Somehow it seems they were more confused than anything that they had Kermit there. At least it was that way to me. Everyone else seemed excited to see that Kermit was there... but I'm guessing Johnny and Keith were just thinking "what's the connection here?" It was more of an aloofness than a...
  20. D

    Cookie Crisp '79 Ad

    It's quite simple... it's all about demographics. Actually, Chip's the Wolf's name... Howler was the European character that the US eventually adopted. I will say, it was much more of a classic cereal commercial style than the Chip the Dog solo live action/animated commercials where all they...
Top