Search results

  1. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    Red, you just made my day and said things better than I could have. Now, I don't agree with everything the left says, I don't agree with everything the right says, but I'll always find something I can agree with on either count. Libertarianism is another matter. If Dems are the Donkey...
  2. D

    "The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

    I agree with that. They clearly WANT this movie to do well, and I think ANY trailer, even a bad one plays better in theaters. Though, this should hit online as soon as possible too. Get people who wouldn't care to see movies in theaters otherwise. Hit them from both ends when possible. I...
  3. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    See, I agree on that. I'd agree the "policies" of the president are making the country fall apart if any of his policies HAPPENED. So far, there is NO end to the big tax cuts that help the biggest of the big stay big, while not doing anything to help the little guy out. When he had...
  4. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    That's a VERY toxic debate with no winner on either side. Again, I say if anyone REALLY gave a crap about young life, they'd make sure that said kid grows up to have opportunities and give the parents a helping hand. With certain religious types, the only time life is sacred is when it IS a...
  5. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    Doy... because the left: Is too wimpy, pathetic, scared, passive aggressive, and over all trying oh so hard for people to like them to do anything important. Seriously, if it comes to equal rights, minimum wage increases, taxing the people who deserve to be taxed, helping the poor, educating...
  6. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    And conservatives do the same with liberals... welcome to politics. Now, I'll give conservatives their Rush Limbaughs and Bill O'Reillies... I don't care for them, I don't care for a good fraction of what they say, but they have a right to their audience and a right to what they have to say...
  7. D

    Weinstein rolls with Fraggle Rock movie

    I'm glad they're gone, but I'm NOT glad that they're sitting on a script for a bunch of characters they don't own and don't want to make a movie with. I still hope Henson goes through with this, gets Cory or someone who has a similar passion, and finds a partner hungry to do the film. Henson...
  8. D

    The "did I dream this?" thread

    Can't resist posting this here
  9. D

    "The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

    I think I got her confused with Ma Bear... I only saw it twice. But I'm guessing she could have been in the movie but was cut... after all, the studio meddled the heck with that project... cutting out a Yakko, Wakko, and Dot cameo, adding a Scooby cameo for an advertisement for the movie (heh...
  10. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    The funny thing is, the indie owned theaters, the 2 I frequent, anyway used to be second run theaters (they're old, so I dunno what came of it before I was born), then they turned into arthouse theaters, now they're a mix of first run and indie movie places. They just tend to run most of the...
  11. D

    "The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

    Yeah, that and the fact they were filming the movie at the time... if they rushed out a teaser, they probably could have got one in before Tron, but that would have been a long shot. And to unveil a big movie like that, you're going to want to do it on a movie people will actually see. I...
  12. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    If I explain his following, I'll go on a rant. Long story short, he structures his nutzo libertarian/Mormon fundamentalist babble so it sounds like he's an outsider talking about conspiracies that just aren't so. And a bunch of very angry people who will believe anything like it. Shortest way...
  13. D

    "The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

    I wouldn't exactly say that... A very movie stylized Green Lantern comic book was given out free on May 7, along with a Green Lantern Heroclix, there are Green Lantern (of all things) Fisher Price kiddy playsets... that specific version of Green Lantern was on a recent Batman Brave and the...
  14. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    1) The exception to the rule is the big epic film. They'll tolerate up to 3 hours or so, but the DVD's of all those movies will ALWAYS be extended. But for the most part, 90 minutes is a forced standard. So many good scenes that actually work in movies, even short ones get cut for no apparent...
  15. D

    "The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

    I'm starting to think the teaser didn't even get made until well after Disney's November and December films... and I don't think that any of the movies before that would have been a big unveiling. Prom and Jungle Cats aren't exactly big ticket movies, and Disney put so little stock in... I'm...
  16. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    It's like no matter what you do or say, unless you have a mainstream media message, you're either ignored or made into a freak. I find it the height of the double standard that celebrities that say anti-gay, antisemitic, or basically racist stuff, either with hateful intent or not, they...
  17. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    Yeah, and no one would have listened to him, bothered to mention it, and he would have blended into the background. Seriously, Newt is EXACTLY what's wrong with the Republican party.
  18. D

    Muppets in USA Today - 5/17/11

    Plus size is a backhanded way of saying at weight or slightly above normal. It was a term created by the same people that gave us Heroin chic to sound empowering. Most of the "plus sized" models I've seen are just slightly above normal weight if anything. And it gets lumped in as a euphemism...
  19. D

    Jason Segel talks The Muppets and his inspiration

    Let me re-edit that thought... ...and they went to see Lawn Gnome Shakespeare. I thought most of the money just went to studio heads or the owners of the theater chains, or something like that. Some stars deserve the money, others don't. I don't understand the way they're paid... I...
  20. D

    "The Muppets" Teaser Trailer in US Theaters

    but usually those trailers are for 3-D movies. You can always tell when it's a preview for one the second the "The Following picture is rated" comes up, because they even manage to make that part 3-D... presumably to distinguish it from the regular trailers. I give nothing but intense credit...
Top