Search results

  1. D

    Someone screaming for Jem DVD's?

    Yep... That's the one. I watched some recently, and I have to admit... wasn't impressed by it the way I was with Weird Mysteries. I tell yah... Rhino DVD's died and took the Hasbro license with them. Sony bought them up, but they HATE anyone over the age of 5 buying cartoon DVD's, so they sat...
  2. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    That's all I'm saying. Though, the tea party is indeed a libertarian group that appealed to the far right. They are a minority, and a lot of Republicans and conservatives are starting to see what the party really stands for and abandoning it.
  3. D

    Deja vu all over again

    He was a moderate... then he lost the 00 primary. Come time for the 08 election, he basically bucked the Rep trend, pandered to the same religious groups he once panned, and I swear he took Palin as a running mate because he was told to. Basically anything to win, right? His daughter speaks...
  4. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    So isn't Gaga! And she's been nothing but supportive, even asking to lift the ban on gays in the military, though... frankly with what's going on with our military, you gotta wonder if they just lost a get out of quagmire free card. What really excites the debate is that, long story short...
  5. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    Everything's completely connected in a disgusting, unholy way. Everything is some disgusting lump of religiopoliticaleconomical garbage. Everyone hates everyone else BECAUSE of what happened in the last decade, no one's learning any lesson from it, and we're listening to the same people and...
  6. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    And the ones that do have our interests weasel and whimper and side with the loud mentality or just screw up their own plans overall. The best anyone can hope for is something mutually beneficial. And any time when we have someone who makes it his business to clean up after something, he gets...
  7. D

    "The Muppets" Official US Poster and Standee

    Again, I must say I rarely see a good kid's movie poster out there. The last one I found beautiful was Princess and the Frog. It's always the same clip art/ stock photos/ bad photo shoots. I still find these good in a sea of mediocrity. But NOTHING comes close to those great TMM, GMC, MTI...
  8. D

    Celebrities the Public is Sick Of...

    Yeah... and at least those commercials attempt to be funny. I mean, if I see ONE more lame I'm a PC/I'm a Mac knockoff, I'm going to lose it. It's OVER! It's like a Rick Roll 6 years later in the middle of October... the meme lost it's charm.
  9. D

    Facts That Don't Add Up

    Yeah, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was also some monetary motivation for getting rid of AtC... even if it continued longer, they would've had to have gotten rid of most of the actors and puppeteers that were exclusive to AtC characters.
  10. D

    NEW Disney Marvel MUPPET comics!

    Which basically means we have to wait a year or more for the freaking last arc. And that's if it continues. Seriously... why couldn't they get a sub-license for reprints and let Boom at least FINISH the thing before it was cancelled.
  11. D

    The Bible and Love and Christians

    I don't see why people like that can't blow each other up and leave us the heck alone. Joining forces almost sounds like they'd be even more effective to bring us back to the wonderful dark ages they especially like. There's stuff in religion that sounds like it makes sense, and stuff religious...
  12. D

    NEW Disney Marvel MUPPET comics!

    BTW, this is out now, at least in comic book stores. I didn't get an overall good look at it, didn't seem to be edited. it had logoless covers breaking up chapters and I didn't detect any ads (the Cars one had some ads for Marvel comics, but only a few and they broke up chapters). But I also...
  13. D

    Facts That Don't Add Up

    I doubt, with the budget cuts and such, that ATC would be still around today. Even then, we'd see a LOT less Muppets and people down by there. I wonder if cost was one of the reasons it was abandoned.
  14. D

    Someone screaming for Jem DVD's?

    It was from the late 90's. It was actually quite good. I'm not a huge Archie fan, but I quite enjoyed it. There was a single disk 5 episode release from NCircle... but all I have is the DTV movie based on that version of the show. There WAS a 1980's series, where Archie and the rest were...
  15. D

    "Toy Story 4" in early planning stages

    On the subject.... Here's a movie I'm not looking forward to. Planes Now I want to stress this... THIS IS NOT A PIXAR FILM, but rather a Disneytoons quasi-Spinoff with input from Lassiter. It seems like a really old cartoon I once saw (can't remember if it was Disney or an MGM Tex Avery...
  16. D

    Celebrities the Public is Sick Of...

    She is definitely attractive. Somehow she's kinda small and is more cheek pinching cute than hot to me. But her career beyond That 70's Show started later than the others. Topher and Ashton left near the end, leaving that disastrous last season. And the funny thing is, Topher was in a LOT...
  17. D

    Deja vu all over again

    Much as I dislike McCain (he would have been a much better president than Bush, though. I know a lot of even left people who were hoping he got the nod back in 2000), sometimes he comes out and does something admirable. In the 2004 election, he was the ONLY Republican to speak out against the...
  18. D

    "The Muppets" Official US Poster and Standee

    Unfortunately it's the last big kid's movie of the year, and I still think if anyone had any sense they'd just avoid that one and go to Pooh (lovely, lovely little film), but it seems logical. I'm not buying a ticket to see it, not even the Muppet trailer. I couldn't live with myself if I knew...
  19. D

    Deja vu all over again

    Well, our screw ups have screwed every single other country on the planet. Japan's economy (pre-Earthquake) was miserable because (get this) their money was too strong. As someone who likes buying Japanese snack foods and little goofy anime toys, trust me... the things cost a bleeding fortune...
  20. D

    Celebrities the Public is Sick Of...

    On a technicality, Mila was a TV SITCOM star before she was voice actor. Remember, she got her star on That 70's show (as did Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher). And that show premired well over 10 years ago, and it did run pretty long, so it wasn't exactly like she came out of thin air. I...
Top