Search results

  1. D

    The Muppets' Sam the Eagle Suits Up for Captain America

    Almost like something I'd draw. Still, I wonder if they considered a Swedish Chef/Thor mash up...
  2. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    Hey, I'm ALL for a 2 hour running time. I'm all for an Andy Warhol-esque 8 hour runtime... but our culture is either to have 3 hour sweeping epics or 90 minute shorties... well, the culture that the big multiplexes WANT us to have, anyway. I have no problem with a 2 hour run, making that...
  3. D

    Someone screaming for Jem DVD's?

    Mill Creak threw in some more DIC cartoon releases, some obscure 1980's stuff, and a couple 90's shows... Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors Cops part 2 with the remainder of the series Archie's Weird Mysteries...
  4. D

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Ehhh... I was hoping Shape-o-bots was a subliminal Transformers parody, but whatever.. any excuse to reuse character variants , Am I right?
  5. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    I'm still very conflicted about a 2 hour Muppet movie. On the one hand, a Muppet Movie that's 2 hours? Fans will love it. But a Family movie that's 2 hours that isn't a sweeping epic about Boy Wizards? That may just scare some away. If we want to see this film do well (leading to more...
  6. D

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I wouldn't be surprised if the upcoming "Shape-o-bots" episode is on there... But really, they are milking these Elmo videos for all they're worth. I'm glad we get stuff like Best of Spoofs, but I hope it does well enough to get them the message that collectors like DVD's too. Or at least...
  7. D

    Ask KidRobot for The Muppets 3" Mini Figures

    Fakey blind box Ginzu figures are the in thing now, and the action figure market has never been softer. To it's credit, Playmates is making a Family Guy series EXACTLY the same as the Simpsons one. But I don't see it being half as big as the Simpsons line OR even the Mezco FG line. I don't...
  8. D

    Looney Tunes Platinum Collection - November 15

    Are those old ones still around? I've never been able to pick any of them up due to their high price (they WERE around 60 when they first came out on regular DVD, Floyd) and I'm pretty sure those aren't easy to find, even at a reasonable price. Still, the little extras that come with the...
  9. D

    Sesame Street Season 42 News

    Hoping I don't over-think this and make it sound better than it actually would be, but something tells me that Shape-o-Bots just maybe more than meets the eye. Some of the episodes actually sound decent... human canon ball, Grouchology (could be ANYTHING).... Yeah... wait for it... I ALSO...
  10. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    Actually, I've seen numerous cases where credits do indeed count as running time, but then again, that's mostly in the case of home video.
  11. D

    "The Muppets" Teaser Poster

    I can safely say I like this poster a hundred times more than the "everyone we can squeeze into a poster with photoshop" one.
  12. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    I dunno if I really trust that. 2 hours seems a might long (not that I'm one to complain about that), but it might just scare off some families who want to take their kids to it. I mean, even Jason's bromantic comedies are 90. Then again, Pooh's running time was just over an hour WITH cartoon...
  13. D

    Disney Channel stars turning into singers

    Yes and no... sometimes they're so damaging, they can't get any work period, they wind up completely broke and have the difficult choice of having to grab very terrible roles or become a janitor or something. And it DOES have a dangerous psychological effect in cases. I think if there's ONE...
  14. D

    Disney Channel stars turning into singers

    As an animation fan, I'm ALWAYS looking for new cartoons. In fact, I always complain that everyone else complains that Animaniacs, Invader Zim and Batman TAS aren't reran on an infinite loop. I mean, I'm HUGE into Phineas and Ferb, Regular Show, pretty big on Adventure Time, Gumball's been...
  15. D

    Disney Channel stars turning into singers

    Yeah, especially Mickey. He was Arthur in the first season of the Tick, among other things. Plus, that show was just... it was just fantastic. it was like, you KNEW they were a prefabricated band, but it didn't matter. I'd say these Disney shows are more like those TERRIBLE Hanna Barbera...
  16. D

    Disney Channel stars turning into singers

    The parallel would be much more apropos if it was a parallel to The Monkees. That's exactly what these things are, minus the charm and wit and talented ghost song writers. It is EVERY intention that they cast people who "act" and "sing" because that way, they get to make money off both a...
  17. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    Wall*E Stuff near me was impossible to find outside of the Disney store, but then again, Target was the only place that didn't carry them. The stuff sold, but not extremely solid, unless they just ordered WAAAAAY too much Wall*e stuff. I only really got the Pez dispensers for that one. But...
Top