Search results

  1. D

    Disney Channel stars turning into singers

    Where were you like 6 years ago? That's when they were really doing this stuff. Now they're still doing it, but it's lower key, and there's no merchandising of it because... well, the stuff kept getting cleared out at deep discount, I'm talking 90% off prices. Disney's finally figured out...
  2. D

    The Amnesia Cliche - Good or Bad?

    Did that actually happen multiple times? I remember Harvey Birdman openly mocking it with Fred turning into a Mafioso head, and curing him by giving him a blow to his.
  3. D

    Gordman's - Something Unexpected!

    When it comes to plush toys having "hair" it is a bit of a gamble. You can either do it right, or you can mess it up completely. Somehow, I think in that EM plush set from Sababa from years back they should have given Zoot hair similar to Janice, and Janice thicker pieces of yarn, like Zoot's...
  4. D

    Gordman's - Something Unexpected!

    The nose... the nose is too dang big! She almost looks like Miss Horsey. Or Miss Anteatery or something....
  5. D

    Now THESE are some Amazing Parody Posters

    Definitely. And The Batman style... only because I drew him classic/Filmation style a piece or so earlier, and I didn't think the Batman TAS version was a good fit.
  6. D

    Why people dislike modern Sesame Street

    You see! That's why we can't have nice things. Seriously, that's why we lack the classic skits. There's literally NO WHERE to put them. Maybe the letter/number stuff, but I couldn't see them bringing any of that back. Seems like only 6 or so years ago, we had skits dating back as far as the...
  7. D

    Why people dislike modern Sesame Street

    The classic clips are GONE! Okay... we can see them online, in video compilations, basically everywhere but the show itself. They're basically everywhere, and SW has done it's darnedest to make fans happy outside of the show. Closest I can see are remakes of sketches, but that always angers...
  8. D

    "The Looney Tunes Show" premieres May 3, 2011

    Thanks! Now I don't have to wait like 3 weeks for the CN website to have it! If that episode did anything, it made me slowly warm up to crazy stalker Lola. The character is doing something with her craziness that furthers the plot, rather than just a couple awkward laughs. And there are some...
  9. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    Cartoon/classic character marriage is a tricky thing. Unless characters were already married or introduced as a married couple, they usually never are. Maybe in a fantasy sequence, non-canonical project... but never for realz. Like Mickey and Minnie... they've been an unmarried couple since...
  10. D

    The Arch Deluxe

    I've heard of more bizzarre cereals... there was one with freeze dried ICE CREAM in it... that was from the 70's, though... before out time. I know that stuff is bad and all, but more colorful cereals with wacky shapes and weird tastes once in a while isn't terrible... considering I've seen...
  11. D

    Gordman's - Something Unexpected!

    These are not only nothing new... they were from 2 years ago yet only released now, and seen in very odd areas, sometimes discount stores, sometimes internationally... I'm trying to track these down, but have yet to see them, I really like that Gonzo, it's the finest Gonzo I've seen in a...
  12. D

    Now THESE are some Amazing Parody Posters

    I seen those, and while I do like them, they tend to use the same movie posters for everything. I've seen like 5 variations on Wall*E on the site alone... Miss Pigg*E Soot*E (some british show, I guess... this IS a British site) Ern*E and my personal favorite Monty Python's "Stop it this...
  13. D

    The Arch Deluxe

    That was VERY early on where they tried to sue them. At least, that's what I hear. I mean, why would ANYONE care about a show from 20 years ago if they weren't fans? Grimace, Birdy, and Hamburgaler were victims of changes in marketing. Sometime in the 90's they played the EXTREEEEEEEEEME...
  14. D

    Winnie the Pooh

    I pretty much liked all the older Pooh stuff, New Adventures, some of the TV specials and I can't remember which one of the movies I saw, but I dug it... I WASN'T a fan of the fact Disney marketed the heck out of him so much you couldn't find a bleeding Donald Duck shirt or plush at the Disney...
  15. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    You might as well tie in the terrible Chaos at the Carnival game as well, it implied Space Gonzos too... even further back, the Atari Pigs in Space game. As for them disavowing Gonzo being an alien... I'm not talking fanbase... Dave Goelz even said that (through Gonzo) it was just a movie...
  16. D

    The Arch Deluxe

    Why do I think Ellio's when it comes to mcD's Pizza? Yeah, we had hot dogs for a VERY brief period in the 80's. How do I remember it being the 1980's? I got one with a Gravedale High Happy Meal. Then there was a very brief time they brought them back, but they were EXPENSIVE!!!! But the one...
  17. D

    Cars 2

    I hope there's merchandise... that's the ONLY reason I want a second one. The stuff was TRU exclusive, there's no TRU's I can easily get to, and a bunch of scalpers just totally bought all of them up and sold them for a fortune on eBay. I WAS able to get a couple Megamind guys, though... THAT...
  18. D

    Cars 2

    Comparing Cars to Up is like com pairing Apples to battery rechargers. I discovered something about Up that I found interesting... something theorhetical... If the film were live action, and ENTIRELY a long drawn out version of the opening montage and ended after Elle died, it probably would...
  19. D

    Someone screaming for Jem DVD's?

    Shout's going to release this the same as their others, a larger complete series first, and then season sets... Details here Funny thing though... half the time the complete series sets get delayed and the rest of the series in smaller volumes comes out first. I gotta pick up the Transformers...
  20. D

    2011 Muppet Movie plot officially announced

    I don't think that the comics would have lasted around forever, but gee golly, they shoulda lasted right up until the movie. I kinda agree that 2 comics starring a license coming out in a month was going to lead to burn out in the long run, but even then, just get rid of one of them. The...
Top