Search results

  1. D

    Frank Oz worked on a new Muppet movie script

    You'd be the only one here with that opinion. I cannot believe someone who'd pick apart a movie for having screen time devoted to the human cast members would go on to praise Muppet Christmas Carol. or as I like to call it, "The Michael Cain movie that just so happens to have Muppets in it."...
  2. D

    Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

    I really should pick this up. Sounds like the songs are extended quite a bit, and the Smells like Teen Spirit must be a joy to listen to clean outside of the context of the movie and Jack Black screaming.
  3. D

    Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

    That was the first. I mean, if they were big time celebrities, getting a Broadway career would have been cake. Especially if they made the movie now... all they'd have to do is take an old movie and make a musical out of it... boom bam, Broadway stars. The real confusion came into Muppet...
  4. D

    Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

    The movie had a loose canon in step with the first films. But even then, it treats those films like films, even though some of the events are taken into account. Considering there was to be a sequence with Nicky Holiday, it did treat some of the events into their reality... but then, the...
  5. D

    How well does the new movie have to do?

    I hated Zermeckis's Mocap system... it looked ugly and unappealing.. this however, manages to breathe a little more life into that... plus, let's face it, the character designs in those Zermeckis movies were terrible (except for Monster House). it really looks to capture the adventurous nature...
  6. D

    "The Muppets": Audience Reactions

    Yes... yes you are.
  7. D

    Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

    Puss in Boots has been out a month. Rarely do films do that well a month later. It did good enough the 2 weekends after opening though. As for MVA, it did well enough here... some international market it didn't do well in, and they refuse to make a sequel on that. That's preposterous. That...
  8. D

    What would it take for you to stop watching current episodes?

    Sesame should spring forth a secondary show of Elmo's World and Abby's Flying School... maybe with a classic short skit in between... but that's not going to happen. PBS already has too many shows for that to work, and when they tried taking EW off the show, kids supposedly got antsy. What's...
  9. D

    Is anybody else just sick of Ice Age?

    I got back into it with the Genesis arc. I was just going to collect it as 20th anniversary merchandise... but I think I'm going to keep going on with it. I never really got back into it because every time I did, I missed so many issues that I couldn't tell what the heck was going on. I...
  10. D

    Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

    Did I forget to mention how glad I was that the ending had nothing to do with something becoming a landmark or someone audio taping Tex Richman saying nasty stuff? You know... the two most cliched ways to end these kinds of things? Instead, they went for a non-sequitor. Loved that.
  11. D

    Is anybody else just sick of Ice Age?

    I want an official Robotnik Shirt with the caption "SnooPING AS usual, I see!" I see Koopa merchandise all the time with Mario stuff...even his henchmen... at least we finally got some Eggman figures out of Jazzwares... unfortunately in expensive sets. Only characters you'll never see are the...
  12. D

    Is anybody else just sick of Ice Age?

    I REALLY hope the second movie keeps them in the Smurf Village. Otherwise, you wind up with The Hangover 2... the absurdity of trying to copy the same movie again with a bigger budget and failing at it. I still didn't like them having to go into New York, and I think the movie coulda done just...
  13. D

    Is anybody else just sick of Ice Age?

    I don't know if that even makes a "furry." The best cartoon characters ARE animals, IMO... but that doesn't make me one... I LOVE the Looney Tunes, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and just about any animated duck imaginable... I thought Furry was just the sexual aspect of it. But to tie this into the...
  14. D

    Cartoon all stars to the rescue.

    That show was frightfully underrated. I loved the toys. And they were much more organically demented than those lame mutants they had to add to the TMNT line. The show had a very sharp wit and unfortunately, that went very underappreciated. I even have the Toxic Crusaders Marvel Comics issue...
  15. D

    "The Muppets": Audience Reactions

    If there's one tiny bugaboo I have with the film is that it needed something fun right after the credits. I'm sure the audience would have responded well to that.
  16. D

    "The Muppets": Audience Reactions

    As I said before... Grown woman yelling "GO HOME! GO HOME!" ala Animal at the end of the first film and people singing Mahna Mahna in the lobby! That's REACTION! Their loss! After all, you wanna leave a movie feeling happy... not... uh... however the heck miserable one would feel after...
  17. D

    Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

    I don't get the hate for the character... I really don't. Maybe he comes off a little like the obnoxious brat hired by nepotism at first, but that's... what? like one or two first season episodes? He really became something better since. I'm absolutely glad to see him back, even having a...
  18. D

    The Chipmunks

    I recall TY had a line of Garfield movie merchandise before going back to the original cartoon designs. I'm sure we'll see something like that in time. I only see the Chippettes and basically everyone BUT Alvin... he always sells. Still, I rather like the Gund plush they had years ago. Even...
  19. D

    The Chipmunks

    Eh... I'm about overworked on pop culturey references... that Gollum bit's a little tired now. That's the character, right? I never got around to seeing LOTR... I really cringed at the "King of the World" line Alvin had (Titanic reference? REALLY?!)... if it weren't for a burning desire to...
  20. D

    Is anybody else just sick of Ice Age?

    Not really... Cars 2 was bumped up ONLY because another movie they were planning, Newt was canceled due to undisclosed production problems and the fact that the plot was similar to the hideous piece of garbage Alpha and Omega as well as Rio (which I didn't see and kinda want to). Cars 2 was set...
Top