Search results

  1. D

    How well does the new movie have to do?

    The last film in total box office or its first week?
  2. D

    The Muppets Movie Reviews

    Hack and Swill is long out of the running. It's destined to be the WORST reviewed film of the year. Adam Sandler's sophomoric comedies had a place in the 90's, but they're no longer funny or enjoyable. From what I read, all the characters are instantly unlikable and the fact it even had one...
  3. D

    Bert and Ernie Gay Rumor: Settled

    Nah, it's the fact that his voice and actions are completely unexpected out of a large, heavy animal... something where you'd expect a much lower voice. Much as I love Joey's characters, I kinda like Martin's performance of the elephant in Monster Clubhouse better... the stuffy upperclass Brit...
  4. D

    Sesame Workshop Trying To Have It Both Ways(Bert/Ernie issue)

    UGH I HATE Leviticus... No pork, no shellfish... How many of us are wearing pollycotton blends? I just don't get ANY of that. What does that prove? I'm sure I'd have to read up on that more... but SHELLFISH?!? If I were Jewish I'd refuse to keep Kosher. Pork, fine... get that crap out of...
  5. D

    Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

    As I said before, we rarely get movie specific merchandise outside posters and soundtracks at the time of a movie's release. At least, with the first 3 movies... We got a couple kids meals with MCC, MTI, MFS, and a really obscure one at DQ for KSY. OZ got Nanco plush that were only sold in...
  6. D

    Is anybody else just sick of Ice Age?

    Hamtaro IS Japanese. I hate lame cutesy toy commercially fair like that. Those are, like, preschool shows and VERY bland compared to the Preschool shows we don't get, like Anpanman (which is actually kinda fun, a little cutesy, but weird enough to be fun). I take it you wouldn't like the...
  7. D

    The Chipmunks

    Ian's basically the only reason the first one was good, and the second one was enjoyable at points. Loser nephew and Mary Sue girlfriend just couldn't act... David Cross brings a real hammy nastiness to the Ian character. But I'm not going to bother with that one... even if I'm miserably bored...
  8. D

    Where's the love for Rocky and Bullwinkle?

    The movie tried... then it got studio meddling to force a female lead into the movie that made the project clumsy and klunky... this is the best way to put it.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2baJU2uWNo The REAL stink fest was the lame Dudley Do-Right movie that tried oh so hard to be the...
  9. D

    Is anybody else just sick of Ice Age?

    Anime fan girls RUINED anime. This is coming from someone who hangs out with 1980's nerd stereotypes that watch anime videos in the community room of a hole Foods. They don't watch any of the good stuff, and the good stuff they do watch they completely ruin... they sucked ALL the satire out of...
  10. D

    Early Reports: Looks like Muppets will be #2 (next to Twilight)

    I indeed want to see it again... but I can't decide if I wanna see it again this week, or wait until next. I think I might rather do it next week, ONLY because I get a whole week to digest the film before seeing it again. I'd go every day for the next month if I could, but that's not...
  11. D

    Sesame Street at the Macy's Parade - 2011

    More hot air like, since he was crudely stitched up. Not very macabre, but it still manages to have a cute and cuddly touch of demented to it.
  12. D

    Is anybody else just sick of Ice Age?

    Everyone on the board knows this, but the fact I was really close to the book just put me off the movie for so many reasons. I mean, that's such a delightfully dreamlike book about kids sitting down to hear a tall tale from Grampa... and the fact they have to explain an unexplained phenomenon...
  13. D

    Disney planning more 3D re-releases

    3-D only works well for animation. Everything else just looks off to me. I hate that I had to see 2 movies that way... it was darker and muddier and my eyes kept blinking... I hope people get sick of it soon. Lion King actually looked pretty good... but then again, I think Disney should...
  14. D

    New Toy Story Short Celebrates Kid's Meal Toys!

    They raffle off those display cases to employees, in case anyone's wondering. I actually heard someone say that once. I forget to who. As for Activity books, Wendy's ALWAYS had them... Activity books, crappy ball bearing games, cardboard puzzles and board games... yech! How can they have a...
  15. D

    Early Reports: Looks like Muppets will be #2 (next to Twilight)

    Eh, my sister didn't have one. But the thought of seizures turns me into a hypochondriac and the word seizure triggers my gag reflex. Hopefully that scares some people right into the loving felt embrace of chickens singing "Forget you." So anyone know if this is still doing strong?
  16. D

    Disney Store Black Friday Muppet Item

    If that's what it was, I'm actually relieved I didn't wake up at not going to sleep at all to beg someone to drive me to the one mall that has one to try and get one. The only Mall I was able to go to lost it earlier this year (thanks Simon Malls). Anyway, I got something better, and I...
  17. D

    Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

    If it makes you feel better, I was at TRU yesterday and , considering this is Black Friday and the store was a total freaking mess and most of the good stuff was picked over, the Arthur Christmas stuff didn't make a dent. It's like everyone avoided that aisle completely. Heck, The Happy Feet...
  18. D

    Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

    Film novelizations are general merchandise... no different from coloring books, or read alongs, or easy readers. No one really buys them anymore, but they still get made. Though, if these things are done from the original script, they tend to reference the scenes deleted from the movie that...
Top