Search results

  1. D

    The Muppets is now the top-grossing Muppet movie

    *spit take*... SERIOUS?!? Oh man. I feel sorry for the animators that lost their jobs, indeed I do... but that studio made such awful movies! Between that and the massive failure of Legends of the Guardians... wow. Not that I'm defending Glee... but I don't think that movie was meant to...
  2. D

    Native Shoes and the Fraggles Ad Campaign

    Ah, Traveling Mitt... The Fraggle that was on a board for an investment bank that lobbied to make sure he only pays a thin slit of his taxes, and destroyed Massachusetts.
  3. D

    For Crying Out Loud, What is Wrong With You People?

    Illegal or legal, they'll continue to do that. We need some sort of legislation that punishes offenses at that level. Blowing a fortune of tax money and wasting so many human lives just so the cartel and the disenchanted youths they recruit (that turn them into violent street thugs) can just...
  4. D

    For Crying Out Loud, What is Wrong With You People?

    "Congratulations... your son didn't die of multiple machine gun shots in a vain attempt to slow down the spread of something that we let happen." Beaker's right about that... there's something VERY fishy going on vis a vis the drug cartels. Not saying we have to legalize it, but... to defeat a...
  5. D

    The VHS Thread

    I've recently got back into both the comics and the SatAm show. Now, it doesn't matter to me if Sonic SatAM has nothing to do with the video games, it was a very special TV series. I love playing the games and all, but half the video games I got into (with the exception of Mega Man... I liked...
  6. D

    For Crying Out Loud, What is Wrong With You People?

    Crackheads are going to get crack anyway. Why should we have to blow billions of dollars, risk hundreds of lives, and incite so much horrible violence that actually benefits the enemy just to punish someone who's selfishly killing themselves anyway? It's a huge dilemma that has no win...
  7. D

    Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

    TRU exclusives... and they didn't sell at all.... Even when they hit an early clearance, there was still a huge display of them. The character designs are beyond ugly, I think that helped these things not to sell.
  8. D

    Some thoughts on Muppet Treasure Island

    Flanderized is a TV Tropes term. It's when one of a character's traits are utilized above all others, turning complex characters into stale stereotypes. In other words, one tiny thing about a character is ALL the character is about. Named after Ned Flanders from The Simpsons due to the...
  9. D

    Disney's New Muppets Logo

    Considering that this: never happened in the movie, I'd agree. They clearly have some separate live action marketing department... though I will say, the best Toy Story 3 posters were the ones that they released internationally... I never liked that Pokemon "gotta catch them all" jumbled...
  10. D

    The VHS Thread

    Considering none of those are yaoi or made in the past 5 years, no. I did find a fansub Moretsu Ataro on Youtube a few days ago... but only one episode. But I like to watch the stuff we AREN'T watching. And that stuff is extremely rare, no matter how big they were in their native country...
  11. D

    For Crying Out Loud, What is Wrong With You People?

    I wish people would consider the fact that the pompous and sanctimonious war on drugs does nothing but win the war for the cartels. Anything seized would be recomped through price increases... Bloom County put it very eloquently. The best way to win is to give up.
  12. D

    Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

    I don't mind the mundane stuff. At least it's a tiny effort. Anything else would be a rant on the toy industry I already stated like 1000 times on this thread. Cute and wacky Muppets= terrible sell... Pug fugly big red nosed characters from an unremarkable CGI kiddy film= hot sell. And even...
  13. D

    Some thoughts on Muppet Treasure Island

    Piggy's role in MFS is quite easily her worst. Somehow I used to think her completely added in role in MTI was kinda off... but now I realize how "just there" Piggy is in MFS. She barely interacts with Kermit, and Kermit barely acknowledges her. I still wish there was a scene where the other...
  14. D

    Fraggle Rock Comics at Taco Bell

    Taco Bell has been having crap toys for like 10+ years now. Nothing new at all. I still fail to see how cardboard cutouts constitute as "toys." It's cheap. Just very very cheap. I know molds and prototypes and all that stuff costs a fortune... but it gives us such wonderfully unique...
  15. D

    Disney's New Muppets Logo

    Like I said, the beautifully illustrate, wonderfully crafted movie poster is a thing of the past. Sure, one pops up every so often, but for the most part it's cheesy photoshoots, CGI compilation poses, and stock art after stock art. It makes me wish Jason had a little more sway in marketing...
  16. D

    Disney's New Muppets Logo

    Yeah, but how do you pronounce the "5" in Jackson 5ive? Jackson Fiveive? I've seen much worse... logos that share a single letter, ones with numbers that barely have resemblance to the letters they replace. I don't see why just the M is stylized and the rest of the word is in plain font...
  17. D

    "The Happytime Murders" premieres August 24, 2018

    I'd call it a step forward, but with every project of their's it's one step forward a thousand steps back... and then standing still for eternity. It does seem like having a new cast member might just be the first in a line of news. But like I said, this is the project Henson SHOULD be...
  18. D

    Disney's New Muppets Logo

    That's a VERY good question. One we'll probably wind up asking ourselves until someone stumbles upon some rumor or something third or fourth hand, so we'll never rightly know. The Kermit M logo, I've learned to like, but I really think the classic Muppet Show logo for The Muppets would have...
  19. D

    The Muppets is now the top-grossing Muppet movie

    Relax! No one's gonna hire Charlie Sheen for ANYTHING and we all know it.
  20. D

    Does Piggy have her priorities straight?

    Exactly what I said. Even though it is a hypothetical version of her as a baby. But if you listen very carefully to the lyrics of the whole song, it's basically "I wanna do it all, and I'm going to do it when I grow up."
Top