Search results

  1. D

    No Oscar Performance?

    Even if they did perform it, they'd find a way to screw it up somehow. Like having Not Jason Segal and Not the Muppets sing it because it's funnier if Andre Botacelli does. Still, they're own fault for only nominating 2 songs. There's no reason that none of the other songs got nominated as...
  2. D

    UK: Muppets star in new Cravendale milk campaign

    This better the heck be the next Internet Meme
  3. D

    For Crying Out Loud, What is Wrong With You People?

    I'll defend to the end my crazy conspiracy theory that gangsta rap is exploited by white music producers to force a stereotype upon people. Not to mention the sheer homophobia that comes out of their violent macho escapades... kids join up with gangs a large percentage of the time because...
  4. D

    UK: Muppets star in new Cravendale milk campaign

    I'm tellin' yah... this has to be Pepe's thing now... just randomly having random things and announcing them.
  5. D

    Muppet Classic Theater Revisited

    Tried it before... it isn't quite as good as you'd think it is. Now, if you use a mole sauce (a savory sauce that includes chocolate as an ingredient), I'm sure the result could be quite tasty. One time I tried malted Milkballs on a Pizza... that was an icky disappointment.
  6. D

    Non Sequitur

    The problem with e-mail and internet responses is you can't hear sarcasm or sincerity in someone's voice. If he wasn't trying to be funny, that's just ridiculously rude. But if he was... the A.H. comment just... not much of a joke unless he has a weirder sense of humor than his comics have...
  7. D

    The Chipmunks

    I'm sure they'd add one episode that hasn't been released on DVD yet... you know... their consistent attempts to tick the heck out of older Chipmunks fans? I REALLY hate this backwards jump in DVD releases of cartoons. It's like only a couple years since everyone was giving us DVD box sets at...
  8. D

    New Sesame Street cast member with nose ring

    Sesame Street has been doing a good job using her to show parts of Indian culture. Not a huge amount, but it's great to see a character that manages to bring parts of a culture into the homes of children who wouldn't know otherwise. I'm wondering if they'd explain the nose piercing and any...
  9. D

    Non Sequitur

    Sounds like he's trying too much to be Mad Magazine type responsive, but it didn't come out quite right.
  10. D

    Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

    I ONLY really wanted the Pope Pinion car for the sheer irony of having it. It's in a HUGE set with a bunch of other cars. Kinda disappointed. They have a LOT of leftover Giraffes from The Lion King... just sayin'... Not only does it NOT take a diehard fan to appreciate the Chef... the Chef...
  11. D

    Playskool's Sesame Street Line is available now

    Considering my high priorities are still the set with Telly and Murray, The Count is the character I want most after them (as Super Grover's with Murray anyway). I usually try to avoid variants unless they're in sets like this, as I value characters over variants (hence the major problems I had...
  12. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

    That would be nice, but I can just as easily see them reuse the same Tune Ins from this year. No way they'd pay for that much footage and not show it 3 or 4 times to get their money's worth. I hope they don't, but past instances tell me otherwise. But the tune ins were a complete improvement...
  13. D

    Albert Heijn promotional Puppets advertisments

    For those of us who can't get said puppets, we can at least enjoy these fun commercials (even though I don't know what the heck that guy's saying). Kermit the Frog Swedish Chef Statler and Waldrof
  14. D

    Some thoughts on Muppet Treasure Island

    He had that one in Cabin Fever that got cut from the final movie... I don't see why. It couldn't have dragged the film down that much if it's like an extra 30 seconds of song.
  15. D

    Playskool's Sesame Street Line is available now

    The soccer friends and Skating Friends variants are now available in more places, Target especially. And I still didn't get Murray or Telly yet. :busy:
  16. D

    Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

    The thing is, more and more of us are starting to agree. They have overload for Cars merchandise that they had to clear most of them out, but every time I go there's less and less... everything sold out but kid's clothes and some little brik a brak... but there's always a demand for the Muppet...
  17. D

    UK: Muppets star in new Cravendale milk campaign

    AAAH! That's what it is! It's been bugging me since I saw it. I thought it was weird and random at first... then I thought Pepe or someone did that before somewhere. I was thinking of the "I brought Paper Towels" line from Lew in GMC, then I thought... can't be that. Brilliant commercial...
  18. D

    For Crying Out Loud, What is Wrong With You People?

    Addicts are very selfish. Let's put it that way. They clearly don't care that it's illegal, they don't care about the gang violence the incites from disenchanted kids falling into drug dealership... they certainly don't care if it's illegal. Punishing them won't help, rehab only helps a...
  19. D

    What improvements would you have made to The Muppets Film 2012 (spoilers)

    Rizzo never really hit it big in the movies until MTM. Then of course, since MCC, they paired him with Gonzo. I thought that was a brilliant move for the characters. It's one of those situations that could have been solved by more movie... but Rizzo got a lot of exposure in the last 3...
  20. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 42

    Almost 5 months from first episode to last episode... yeah. I shoulda just watched the For Later video and all... but I guess it was a cute story considering it was Elmo-centric. I liked the Elmo doesn't wear clothes line... Was the Job Song part of that video too? I'm very impressed by...
Top