Search results

  1. D

    Baby Gonzo

    Baby Gonzo's one of the better characters on the show, if not the best. It seems the writers had way too much fun with him, and while the other characters were funny and had some great scenes, Gonzo's demented child self had some of the most avant garde moments of the show. The episode where...
  2. D

    When will The Muppet Show Seasons 4-5 and Muppets Tonight arrive on DVD?

    I was going to put "professional amateurs," but didn't. I'd much rather read a fan fiction than just see some dumb hypothetical pairing as a list.
  3. D

    Now what's going on with YouTube?

    Doesn't help. Trust me, I've hit that insipid "watch Later" button by accident a lot of times too.
  4. D

    Movies you can't believe exist

    I get a LOT of criticism for not liking the first one, when I find it highly generous that's the ONLY Disney original animated movie I have a distaste for. I don't know what that movie was trying to do... I mean, if they were doing it as a white guilt movie, they bungled that one up by creating...
  5. D

    When will The Muppet Show Seasons 4-5 and Muppets Tonight arrive on DVD?

    I hate when BAD wanna be fan fic nerds completely sabotage a Wikipedia entry with bull like that. Not even the clever screw with your head "Go Go Gadgetinis" or "Dragon Ball AF" pranks that actually go pretty far and are almost impressive. Just the mindless junk of people who think Wikipedia...
  6. D

    First Look at Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles

    Plus, it seems that it came out at an unfortunate time, too early for Spring Break, too close to films similar. I'd probably see it, but I saw Arriety a while ago (had to pay a fortune for it I usually only spend for 3-D films and all because I DIDN'T know a cheaper theater would get it in not...
  7. D

    "Don't Eat the Pictures" now available on DVD

    That seems like the best logical decision other than maybe some digital downloads of certain episodes. They've started doing it on iTunes and certain international ones are somewhere on amazon for free... but it would be great to have all the episodes to choose from. Imagine, like those...
  8. D

    First Look at Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles

    I wonder if dropping "of Mars" from the title was such a good idea. Somehow the marketing just made it look like "oh... another action movie..." (which shouldn't be an excuse, but the Lorax came off in previews as "UGH! One of those kids movies" and did well). Heck, didn't even look like a...
  9. D

    I miss Rizzo!

    For some reason, Steve seemed to be closer with Rizzo than Kermit for the longest time because, well... Rizzo is his character. if you have the MFS DVD, watch the commentary track, and Kermit leaves the theater before the opening number and gets replaced with Rizzo up until the end credits...
  10. D

    What went wrong with Muppets from Space?

    Even in films like MCC and MTI, Kermit and Piggy have shared some tender moments. The only 2 movie projects that didn't were MFS and MWOZ, but that one at least has conceptual problems to blame. All I have to ask is WHY wasn't there even a scene where the Muppets were fighting over what to...
  11. D

    Who is Lionsgate associated with?

    Lionsgate sucks as a company. Sure, they gave us some great Henson DVD's, and then all the sudden stopped. I'm sure everything's out of print now, but they'll keep hanging onto that copyright long after the DVD's have stopped coming off the assembly line. And it wouldn't bother me none if...
  12. D

    Movies you can't believe exist

    More about Cool World Really, that sounded like such a good movie Bakshi was trying to do, but everyone rewrote the thing to make it suck and to give it a crap PG-13 rating. The main problem was that it was supposed to be a horror movie, and everyone wanted to change that special element to...
  13. D

    First Look at Nickelodeon Ninja Turtles

    John Carter failed because only old school geeks know who John Carter is. If you didn't see any previews of the film, it almost sounds like some dull movie about the life of some British guy set in the 1800's. And those who did see the previews either felt that it was just another one of those...
  14. D

    Sesame Street Breastfeeding Controversy

    I've been saying that for some time now. The show is ALL over the place and doesn't know if it's for pre-preschoolers or kindergarteners who want to learn about science. I remember how a few years ago, everyone was complaining about how the show was"dumbed down," and while there are segments...
  15. D

    Any deleted scenes videos?

    Yeah... that's an extra couple hundred dollars to even see a difference. But you can still watch it on a piece of crap TV, which is the only advantage. Yeah, it was bullcrap plain and simple that needn't had to have been done. it's pulled just to sell a premium thing that only quality nerds...
  16. D

    Confirmed: Jason Segel Bows out of "The Muppets" Sequel

    Big Adventure, GMC style would work beautifully. Cheapest? I'm not sure they're really there yet. Henson didn't feel it was the right time after MTM, the third of the movies... as the second one, it would work too much on a theater of the absurd. The fans might get into it, but the more...
  17. D

    Hollywood has done it again...

    Still, I like Will Sasso. I swear there was a MadTV sketch where he played Curley. I know there was an African American Stooges parody when the show first started, but he didn't play him there. Seriously, when he left MadTV, it was all... what's the point?
  18. D

    Question about Pretzel M&Ms

    Oh no... we're completely robbed of small pieces of paper we're likely to throw away. Oh no.... :rolleyes: We can't have chocolate with toys inside because some dumb grandmother ignored a freaking 3 and up warning on the box and gave a 2 year old a Nestles Wonderball and he choked on it...
  19. D

    Hollywood has done it again...

    Like I said before, the prospects of Jim Carrey in a fat suit would make the movie a horror film. Seriously. Fat suit comedies are the WORST kind of movies out there. The Klumps movies were okay and all... but the rest of them are terrible.
  20. D

    Movies you can't believe exist

    Cool World was completely screwed up. it was so screwed up, Ralph Bakshi punched the studio exec that went behind his back and rewrote the film. It's one of those sad examples of studio execs screwing up artistic vision because of that stupid ratings system. Ralph wanted an R rated movie...
Top