Search results

  1. M

    What went wrong with Muppets from Space?

    I don't remember it coming to video that quickly, though I don't remember the eact release date. But I do remember The Adventrues of Elmo in Grouchland coming out on video and DVD two and a half months after release (in time for Christmas). It really should have been directed by Brian...
  2. M

    April Fools: Season 42 to be Sesame Street's final season

    When I first saw this I thought it'd kill my plan for an april fools day thread, until I realised that my idea was different, so I posted a seperate thread.
  3. M

    April Fools: Season 42 News Announced

    I'm honestly surprised that we haven't gotten any official news about season 42 yet. These past few years it seems all the big news had been announced before april 1.
  4. M

    April Fools: Season 42 News Announced

    Sesame Workshop has finally issued a press release regarding the upcoming season 42 of Sesame Street, which sounds like a shock. APRIL FOOLS!
  5. M

    What went wrong with Muppets from Space?

    I thought that was due to Frank just dubbing voices most of the time. Since he was dubbing the voices anyway, why not? Though it seems like a missed opportunity... Oz was only doing the voices, and yet the movie still hardly had any direct interraction between his characters.
  6. M

    Characters/Sketches Based on Contemporary Celebrities/Pop Culture

    I'm pretty sure they always intended on having the various sketches repeated in multiple episodes. Should I state the obvious and mention Monsterpiece Theater, the parody of Masterpiece Theater, starring Cookie Monster as Alistair Cookie, a parody of Alistair Cooke? And of course there's...
  7. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Very cool. That is one of the best opening number, and it's a shame those ginerbre:cool:ad men weren't used elsewhere. When I first saw who the featured Muppet would be I thought it'd be a straightforward article on them, until I saw the fake names listed for each individual gingerbread man...
  8. M

    Kirk Thatcher Interview - Need Questions for Henson.com Podcast

    I wish I could think of something to ask about Waldo, aside from why he hasn't been used since Muppet Vision 3D. But it's cool that the Red Book will finally have some sort of entry related to The Jim Henson Hour (even if it doesn't say anything more about the show other than focusing on one...
  9. M

    Disney Dreams Muppet Plush

    Well while the design on the shirt was original when Palisades released it, it pretty much matches the daredevil outfit Gonzo wore in the Edgar Bergen, Teressa Brewer, and John Cleese episodes. Though Gonzo wore shorts in the John Cleese episode. I've noticed that with that outfit he's worn...
  10. M

    Hugga Wugga

    I was never scared of the sketch. It was a favorite, even as a child.
  11. M

    The VHS Thread

    But still, I'm pretty sure they didn't stay in theaters for more than a year. An episode of Everybody Hates Chris made a mention of Ghostbusters coming out on video four years later... Still confused by that line, depending on if it was true. Considering the high price, I wonder if that's...
  12. M

    Least Favorite Sketch

    As a kid, I didn't really like The King of 8 (disliked how the puppets looked, and really hated the jester's voice), Herry and John-John count (was startled by Herry's loud counting), Monsterpiece Theater: The 39 Stairs (was a bit startled at the end when Grover started talking from off-camera)...
  13. M

    Muppet/Henson Elimination Polls

    Best Muppet Show Episode: 2: Connie Stevens 3: Joel Grey 4: Ruth Buzzi 5: Rita Moreno 6: Jim Nabors 7: Florence Henderson 8: Paul Williams 9: Charles Aznavour 10: Harvey Korman 11: Lena Horne 12: Peter Ustinov 14: Sandy Duncan 16: Avery Schreiber 18: Phyllis Diller 19: Vincent...
  14. M

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    Considering that initially the contract only included characters and things from The Muppet Show, was it difficult to get permission to have the Muppet Labs playset look like the lab from Muppet Vision 3D?
  15. M

    Any Ernst Fans?

    Well, I got the "Hey Vern It's Ernest" DVD today. I don't know whether it was restored or not... It's almost like watching a 1980s video, but it could just be me (but I'm not complaining about that).
  16. M

    The VHS Thread

    I was recently watching an episode of Everybody Hates Chris, in which Chris and Greg skip school to see Ghostbusters. When they realise that the next/last showing of the movie in theaters is during school hours, before they consider skipping Chris says if they miss out they'll have to wait to...
  17. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I also saw that Scooby Doo collection. You know, that's how The Essential Bugs Bunny Collection should have been handled (not that I'd have bought it either way). Not a two-disc collection where only disc 1 is classic shorts, and only 12 (when each disc of the Golden Collections and Super Stars...
  18. M

    Disney Dreams Muppet Plush

    There's been quite a few Gonzo merchandise of him in thart outfit, or something like it. The Fisher Price dress-up doll, the fisher price beanbag, a toothbrush, a halloween costume that came out a few years ago... Today I was just thinking that it'd be cool if Disney'd at least release small...
  19. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    I figured it was on the show, but I didn't know for sure.
  20. M

    Zoot Talking Timeline

    Recently I've been thinking about when Zoot has talked and when he's talked less. 1975: He doesn't talk at all in his first appearance (though I can't remember if he sings back-up vocals with Floyd and Janice), though in Sex and Violence all of his scenes involve him playing the saxaphone...
Top