Songs in Movies?

ZeppoAndFriends

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
1,491
Reaction score
375
I mean, some of my favorite non-Muppet movies don't have any songs. There still are good movies with no songs. However, they'd be 10 times better if the threw a few songs in. :sing:
So...something like Star Wars would've been better if the characters sang?

We seem to be made to suffer,​
It's our lot in life,​
Every road we seem to take,​
Leads to woe and strife.​
​
Or how about Jaws?​
​
I'm a big, bad shark that's comin' to eat ya,​
A big, bad shark that's happy to meet ya,​
I'll take small bites and start with your feet-ya,​
This big, bad shark that's comin' to eat ya!​
​
Alright, dumb jokes and bad rhymes over. :embarrassed:​
 

Hubert

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2012
Messages
5,791
Reaction score
2,217
I honestly do believe that just about any movie would be better with songs in it. I mean, songs are such an important part of everyday life.

I still think that a holiday should be created called Break Out Into Song day, where suddenly singing in real life is normal.
 

Dominicboo1

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2011
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
877
So...something like Star Wars would've been better if the characters sang?

We seem to be made to suffer,​
It's our lot in life,​
Every road we seem to take,​
Leads to woe and strife.​
​
Or how about Jaws?​
​
I'm a big, bad shark that's comin' to eat ya,​
A big, bad shark that's happy to meet ya,​
I'll take small bites and start with your feet-ya,​
This big, bad shark that's comin' to eat ya!​
​
Alright, dumb jokes and bad rhymes over. :embarrassed:​
Jaws would be 100x better with that!
 

D'Snowth

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
38,850
Reaction score
12,826
The more I think about it, there's one song in a movie that really doesn't make any sense to me...

The song "The Coconut Tree" from Ernest Goes to Jail... it just... seems out of place, to have a Calypso-esque song about a guy not wanting to climb a coconut tree because, "These aren't my tree-climbing shoes" in a song that's about Ernest ended up in jail because of a case of mistaken identity while his criminal look-alike assumes his identity to rob the bank where he works at.
 

Muppet fan 123

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2011
Messages
3,656
Reaction score
1,488
I don't mind songs in movies so much, but sometimes I find there are too much. I also find it in Muppet Movies. There's always one song I feel doesn't fit in. (I can include my list if you want.)
 

Hayley B

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2012
Messages
821
Reaction score
283
I don't mind songs in movies so much, but sometimes I find there are too much. I also find it in Muppet Movies. There's always one song I feel doesn't fit in. (I can include my list if you want.)
I would like to know which one?
 

D'Snowth

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2003
Messages
38,850
Reaction score
12,826
I don't mind songs in movies so much, but sometimes I find there are too much. I also find it in Muppet Movies. There's always one song I feel doesn't fit in. (I can include my list if you want.)
Personally, I thought the songs in The Muppets were just a wee bit sappy... I love a lot of the songs used in Muppet movies, but the ones in that one were just... not that great... "Me Party/Party of One" especially makes me cringe.
 
Top