Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Well, I guess Disney is going to keep pretending the Muppets are not puppets, puppeteered by an extremely talented group of people. :mad: Come on, Disney! Give us interviews with Whitmire and company! They're the ones who matter. Don't make a whole group of Adriana Caselottis!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okay I'm not checking back with this page till tomorrow I don't wanna read any spoilers on the extras. I wanna be surprised.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I guess Disney is going to keep pretending the Muppets are not puppets, puppeteered by an extremely talented group of people. :mad: Come on, Disney! Give us interviews with Whitmire and company! They're the ones who matter. Don't make a whole group of Adriana Caselottis!
I really hope that one of the main performers gets interviewed for one of the big Muppet websites soon, so we can see one of them give some insight on the film.

I noticed that they only rebuilt six of the five babies from Bobby Benson's Baby Band, and had most of them wear bonnets. I guess they didn't want to put the proper hair on them (either being unsure what hair to give them or sparring an expense... Though is small puppet hair really expensive?). The one not wearing a bonnet is the one that was also used as Statler's grandson, though at first I thought that one was bald. And if it was it'd be ironic, because the only baby who wore a bonnet on the show was bald (that baby was seen without his bonnet in the Loretta Lynn episode).

When the Muppets enter the theater for the first time in years... Are they going past the reception area/Pops' office? It looks like it a little at first, but then we see an opposite view of the theater, and we don't see them going upstairs, and I feel we don't see the right parts of the backstage.

I wonder if Disney let the writers/directors watch all the episodes, or if they had to rely on the DVDs and whatever else they have. Because hardly anything from after the third season is there. The only characters from later seasons shown are Rizzo, Lips, the Attrics drummer (though her hair looks too different), and the JG frackle puppet. And they also knew to have Trumpet Girl be the season five incarnation. So the later seasons didn't have many new recurring characters, and I'm still surprised they didn't put Pops in there somehow. But it would have been cool if they'd included Mulch, and a shame they didn't include Foo-Foo or Gaffer (seems they were also left out of Roger Langridge's comic books). Wouldn't it have been cool if the movie had brought back characters who were previously only used once, like the Hugga Wugga Muppets?

Is that the prop room in some scenes (the ones with Gary and Walter, where Walter rehearses and then Gary gives him confidence to go on)?

Kestral

Reaction score
I watched the movie twice while it was still in theaters. While I loved how funny it was, I could do without the song "Man Or Muppet". Maybe it's just me?

Alvin

Reaction score
I watched the movie twice while it was still in theaters. While I loved how funny it was, I could do without the song "Man Or Muppet". Maybe it's just me?
I think I speak for everybody here...when I say WHAT!!!!!????????????

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That song won an academy award!!! How can you not like it?!!! Yeah it's definitely you!!!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That song won an academy award!!! How can you not like it?!!! Yeah it's definitely you!!!
Well to be fair, I like the song but winning at the academy awards doesn't guarantee quality. After all the Muppets also unjustly lost many times. :wink:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well to be fair, I like the song but winning at the academy awards doesn't guarantee quality. After all the Muppets also lost many times. :wink:
Still I'm saying that says something about the song. I think it was great in the film.