New Muppet books to tie in with the movie on the way!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, man. I am all OVER the stickers and punch-outs! Of course, the total nerd in me requires I buy two copies of each...one to save pristine, one to play with...
exactly my plan too! :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I can't wait for the Muppets Video Game! You know if the movies is going to be as big as well all think it is they will have one.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
A Wii game!!! The potential fun with THAT one...
ack...giddy...head hurts....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't wait for the Muppets Video Game! You know if the movies is going to be as big as well all think it is they will have one.
It's not that I doubt there's a video game... but I won't believe it until I hear there is one. And if there IS one, it better be good. Hopefully Disney learned the lessons of prior (read BAD) Muppet games. I mean, one only need to mention Chaos at the Carnival to send shivers down the spine. Plus, the GBC one wasn't all that fun, either. The minigame ones seem amusing, but they lack something. They're the best we've got... unless you count Muppets Inside.

I hear there's a Disney Universe game, so.... maybe a cameo?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes some of the Muppet games have been kind of lack, but at the same time they also bring out some classic Muppets that don't get use much. I think Muppet Party Cruise was the best at that even bringing back Digit.
Disney has made a few really great games, such as Kingdom hearts 1,2 and Epic Micky. They really have a classic feel to them and it brings there classic caritures into a darker edgyer place. To me it made Micky cool again, and I think they could do the same with the Muppets if they really wanted to.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney has made a few really great games, such as Kingdom hearts 1,2 and Epic Micky. They really have a classic feel to them and it brings there classic caritures into a darker edgyer place. To me it made Micky cool again, and I think they could do the same with the Muppets if they really wanted to.

Kingdom Hearts was part Square Enix, Disney licensed out the characters. But that was a very good move. Epic Mickey really made the character pop aside from that lame little kiddy show... people know who Oswald and Phantom Blot are specifically from that game (to my dismay). And then there's that Disney Universe game I spoke of.

The Muppets need something like that. Something non-traditional, semi-original, not lifted from something Mario made popular... something that can really speak to gamers without them being snarky about it.

beaker

Reaction score
I will definitely be purchasing a DS game if they make it. I reallly wanted to like the GBA games, but they were essentially slapdash mini games(I did love the pinball one though)

I also will be buying any illustrated books or official Disney magazines...just, I can't see myself buying a gradeschool reader book. Heck, truth be told...I still buy new Sesame illustrated books(usually only a buck at Target) as there's something about the illustrations I've found enduring since I started reading them many years ago

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*is already scanning local book and toy stores regularly, eagle-eyed behind those specs*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------