Cookie Monster makes SNL audition tape on YouTube

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I'd have Cookie Monster host the show with the musical guest as Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. :big_grin::halo::cool:

Would be very cool if that were to happen.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Its funny. The cold opening of the pilot episode is the only time that members of the Electric Mayhem were seen on Muppets Tonight.
Actually, no it wasn't. Animal appeared many times on the show (and was the only one with dialogue on the show). Floyd made a cameo in the Garth Brooks episode. Zoot made appearances in the Billy Crystal and Cameo Show episodes. But adding a new house band who didn't really do anything significant was pointless (they should have just made The Electric Mayhem the house band... they would have probably done the same as the MT band). Aside from a few epsiodes that began with Clifford having brief chats with the band (which were brief gags). The band's name was never even mentioned (I asked Jim Lewis about it once and he couldn't remember what the band was called).

Mupp

Reaction score
Actually, no it wasn't. Animal appeared many times on the show (and was the only one with dialogue on the show). Floyd made a cameo in the Garth Brooks episode. Zoot made appearances in the Billy Crystal and Cameo Show episodes. But adding a new house band who didn't really do anything significant was pointless (they should have just made The Electric Mayhem the house band... they would have probably done the same as the MT band). Aside from a few epsiodes that began with Clifford having brief chats with the band (which were brief gags). The band's name was never even mentioned (I asked Jim Lewis about it once and he couldn't remember what the band was called).
Ah...Sorry about that. :embarrassed:

I guess what I meant was that except for Animal, none of them really had much dialogue. And none of them were around much.

Still, its true; the Electric Mayhem should have been the house band.

It seems that they were trying too hard to make the show "hip" and "new".

beaker

Reaction score
I'm just glad this isn't another Elmo moment. They could give the show to Slimey and I'd be happy!
I have faith kids are finally growing tired of the red menace, and not falling for the marketing brainwashing of "elmo this/elmo that" thats had a monopoly on Sesame Street since the mid 1990's.

I was at the mall shopping with family today, and this little 2 year old girl was upset/sad that they ran out of The Count plushes at Nordstroms. I was at Kohl's today as well, and they had a whole section of new Cookie Monster shirts and merchandise. I think(least I hope) that kids and parents alike are finally having Elmo fatigue. Im happy for the money its brought into Sesame Workshop, but even the sight of Elmo makes me physically ill. Kevin Clash is such a talented master of his craft to have to forever be relegated to that character.

This "Cookie SNL" viral meme is the perfect oppurtunity to show the Sesame gang is NOT just all about Elmo, and Im happy a lot of the old school retro shirts and merchandise even omits Elmo.

beaker

Reaction score
However, it should be of note that in another episode where Kennith runs by the HD TV camera, and he turns into a puppet, that was one they made at FAO Schwartz.
Ha, I caught that blink-and-you-miss-it scene!

Trivia: FAO Schwarz is the first time since 1983 a Muppet shop has been in New York City:
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Stuff

I hope they follow through with expanding the store to various Disney parks. Also, I remember my mall had a Sesame Street store(which was pretty large), but it closed in early 1996.
http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street_General_Store

(apparently there was only four such stores in America, outside of the Sesame theme park in Pennsylvania)

Also, I cant believe you dont like SNL Digital Shorts...so many of those are pure genius. I mean dude, Lazy Sunday, pure genius! Ive rarely seen too many "meh" ones.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I agree.

David and Frank are doing great.
Don't you mean David and ERIC? :confused:

Either way, I also agree that David and Eric are doing a great job of keeping Frank's characters alive.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Ah...Sorry about that. :embarrassed:

I guess what I meant was that expect for Animal, none of them really had much dialogue. And none of them were around much.

Still, its true; the Electric Mayhem should have been the house band.

It seems that they were trying too hard to make the show "hip" and "new".
not really Muppets tonight was at the time tying to being in new characters...remember at the time they were still trying to figure out what to do after the loss of Jim and Richard and frank was basically almost out the door

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be funny if on SNL tonight they did a sketch parodying Cookie Monster's audition tape? If the show did it would mean that somebody at SNL is aware of this.