Well?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
2010 is just about over... where's Season Four of TMS on DVD that Disney promised us this year? :attitude:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I agree Snowth. I had hoped it would be available for Christmas. :frown: :boo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I... I don;t wanna go into it. The only thing that's really got me down about the Disney ownership at this point IS the random delay for the 4th season. The movie's going down, we've got some great merchandise (though no where near as cool as the Sababa and Palisades era gear), we've got all these web shorts and some of the best comics based on a TV show property I've ever had the pleasure of reading... but the delay in season 4 is just... just dumb. They want to hold it over for the movie and all, but we still have season 5 to get to and Muppets Tonight and rereleases of the movies... and they still want to launch it on season 4.

That said, at least they didn't just decide to toss over the last season to a "complete series set" without a season 5, like they did with Bullwinkle. There is nothing more Half Donkey than releasing all but one season and then a complete series. And how long did we wait for season 4 of Bullwinkle anyway?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
So, in other words, there's the strong possibility we won't even get it then, huh? :rolleyes:
The movie has started filming already, Snowth. The movie IS HAPPENING, so you can stop being pessimistic about it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea the Movie is happening the new cooking show is happening, Muppet Comics are happening, Muppet Motion Comics are happening. there is a lot happening for the Muppets not all good things. Season 4 will be out before you can say five frogs jumping franticly on a fancy fat footed flatbed. Wow that was kind of hard to say lol, and made no sense at all.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think it's a timing issue. A little in-the-know birdy informed me a while back that there's much Muppety goodness that's ready and waiting in a holding-pattern until the Disney marketing machine gives it the green-light. Part of me wonders if they're holding back the last two TMS seasons until after the film. They seem to have a plan this time so that's why I'm trusting this weird delay is a wise decision. I'd expect that sometime next year we'll get some more great Muppety goodness filling the shelves of various retailers and on Disney Store shelves. Wouldn't it be great to march into a Disney Store next year and pick up the Season 4 DVD? Let's hope!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it's a timing issue. A little in-the-know birdy informed me a while back that there's much Muppety goodness that's ready and waiting in a holding-pattern until the Disney marketing machine gives it the green-light. Part of me wonders if they're holding back the last two TMS seasons until after the film. They seem to have a plan this time so that's why I'm trusting this weird delay is a wise decision. I'd expect that sometime next year we'll get some more great Muppety goodness filling the shelves of various retailers and on Disney Store shelves. Wouldn't it be great to march into a Disney Store next year and pick up the Season 4 DVD? Let's hope!

Again, I still say we have 2 season, Muppets Tonight, and the prospect of re-releases and best of casual sets that could also tie in to the movie. If they are waiting for a behind the scenes footage or teaser trailer to put on the disk, so then season 5 could come just around the time the movie comes to DVD... meh. I just would like to see season 4 before DVD's go completely obsolete (not that far off). And of course, season 5 and MT. Other than that, if there still is some annoying rights issue they THOUGHT they cleared but didn't (things can happen like that... people saying they represent someone when they don't... a miscommunication between secretaries), that can't be helped.

But a 3 year wait between box sets is inexcusable. The show should speak for itself without having a movie or marketing push to strategically release anything. These have always been strong sellers as far as box sets go. I needn't repeat myself about how we're gluttoned with such terrible TV shows that don't deserve to be digitally preserved for all posterity while some of them will never see proper releases no thanks to rights and "poor" sales.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking Disney might be worried about over saturation. They're in the process or rebranding the classic characters to a new audience. I'm glad they've been going back to their roots to do so, but maybe Disney's staying away from dated stars and periods in favor of glossy new media that showcases the classic humor for a very fickle new generation. I'm not saying that it's the right course, but it seems to fall in line with recent efforts.