Disney Store Reopens in San Francisco!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Disney Store is back, but in a different location and under Disney management. They are now right by the Apple store where the Benetton used to be. It's two floors of Disney goodness. Sure, they have the usual tot stuff and princess items out the wazoo, but they keep that toward the back of the shop while items like Vinylmation, Nightmare Before Christmas, figures, cool mugs and a host of other attractive items for teens and adults take up over half the store in the front! They've got the Kermit & Miss Piggy ornament and the Kermit travel mug, but they're sure to have more Muppety goodness in quarters to come. This store is clean, neat, organized and much, much better than the previous incarnation. I'd have liked to see some high-end sculptures and animation art, but can understand why they're being cautious in this economy. Everything is priced to move. It's definitely a place to stop if you're in San Francisco! After visiting Action Figure Freddy's, of course. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Lucky for you, they cleared all the Muppet stuff they had so far (seasonally) by now...

D'OH!

beaker

Reaction score
Cool news, thanks! I never went to the Disneystore in SF, but it sounds like the new one is centrally located. I'll definitely check it out next time I take a day trip there soon. I just miss the old 2000-2005 Metreon days!

Lucky for you, they cleared all the Muppet stuff they had so far (seasonally) by now...

D'OH!
Oh it rocked, got the muppet mugs for 2 bucks each, the pook a looz muppets for a few bucks, etc. 2010 has mostly been so-so merchandise, a lot of generic stuff. But I wonder if the holidays will bring new stuff...and I have no doubt spring 2011 and beyond will bring with it a ton of amazing Muppetty goodness to Disney stores(and especially Disney parks)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh it rocked, got the muppet mugs for 2 bucks each, the pook a looz muppets for a few bucks, etc. 2010 has mostly been so-so merchandise, a lot of generic stuff. But I wonder if the holidays will bring new stuff...and I have no doubt spring 2011 and beyond will bring with it a ton of amazing Muppetty goodness to Disney stores(and especially Disney parks)
I tell yah... I am SO disappointed they cleared out ALL the Pook*a*Looz. Other than the fact I did get Animal and Gonzo out of the deal (the two I wanted most... but I'm gonna have a heck of a time tracking Kermit down), this was a line that had so much potential. And I really wanted to see some Marvel Heroes ones in the mix. And more Muppets, of course.

I just hope by the time the movie comes out, we have another small boutique section of Muppet stuff. And I mean figural stuff. None of those water only aluminum bottles and women's and kids's T-Shirts.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I tell yah... I am SO disappointed they cleared out ALL the Pook*a*Looz. Other than the fact I did get Animal and Gonzo out of the deal (the two I wanted most... but I'm gonna have a heck of a time tracking Kermit down), this was a line that had so much potential. And I really wanted to see some Marvel Heroes ones in the mix. And more Muppets, of course.
Oh, don't be worried, I believe the Miss Piggy Pook-a-Looz will be comin' out soon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No... no no... they're like, Gonesville, Daddio. I thin k they're just getting rid of the brand all together. Unless they were clearing out for a third series, but I highly doubt that. Really... such a shame, it was a good idea and I liked how MOST of the characters looked. And I really wanted Pepe or at LEAST Beaker... I mean, his head sinks into the collar of his shirt... he would have been perfect.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No... no no... they're like, Gonesville, Daddio. I thin k they're just getting rid of the brand all together. Unless they were clearing out for a third series, but I highly doubt that. Really... such a shame, it was a good idea and I liked how MOST of the characters looked. And I really wanted Pepe or at LEAST Beaker... I mean, his head sinks into the collar of his shirt... he would have been perfect.
Really? The vinylmations have been doign great. Maybe the Pook-a-looz are seasonal and will get another launch. Let's hope. Personally I would have made them 20% smaller and have them sold in all stores. They could save a few exclusives for the Disney locations. A lot of shops would have carried these.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... if they were a bit smaller and retailed for under 10 bucks, I'm sure they would have been a larger hit. Plus, well, they did too many characters at once, and some of them just... didn't look right. Not even cute, just... not right at all. I still wish they'd push for a Marvel edition. THAT would sell. I see these small, ugly buggly looking Justice League plush that have no personality... they look like one of those Gloop and Gleep things from Herculoids in a Superman/Flash/Batman and all I can say is, Pookalooz are MUCH better looking. I hope this was just a seasonal clearance and we get another series of these. If not at Disney Stores, somewheres else.

beaker

Reaction score

I just hope by the time the movie comes out, we have another small boutique section of Muppet stuff. And I mean figural stuff. None of those water only aluminum bottles and women's and kids's T-Shirts.
Well I knew the Muppet selection in 2010 would be paltry at best. There may be a few new knick knacks for Christmas retail season soon, we're not going to see the wealth of *quality* Muppet stuff til next spring/summer I predict. And sadly not as much as Disney parks will get

I personally wish just a 10th the energy they spend putting into Phineas and Pherb(which has been exploited and mass marketed to Spongebob like levels lately) would go to the Muppets.

But yeah other than the mugs and pook a loos, its been tumbleweeds for Muppet merch this year.

Just imagine when they start releasing action figures, figurines, and everything in between...I think I'll be in heaven.

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah... if they were a bit smaller and retailed for under 10 bucks, I'm sure they would have been a larger hit. Plus, well, they did too many characters at once, and some of them just... didn't look right. Not even cute, just... not right at all. I still wish they'd push for a Marvel edition. THAT would sell. I see these small, ugly buggly looking Justice League plush that have no personality... they look like one of those Gloop and Gleep things from Herculoids in a Superman/Flash/Batman and all I can say is, Pookalooz are MUCH better looking. I hope this was just a seasonal clearance and we get another series of these. If not at Disney Stores, somewheres else.
You havent been to Toys R Us or a comic store lately have you? They have a ton of Pook a Looz looking DC characters in plush form, complete with the button looking eyes.

Remember, the "Disney" part of the Marvel marketing and such won't get going for some time.