Disney’s New On-line Muppet Store launches October 1

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We received some news from Muppets Studio, they’ve launched a new on-line store, including limited edition collectibles to kick-off opening day. Here are the details…

On Friday October 1 Muppets Studio is launching their very own online Muppet store on Amazon.com. The first of its kind! Here you will be able to find all your favorite Muppet stuff, from DVD's to fashion accessories to books to costumes to collectibles.

And to celebrate the launch, Muppets Studio is offering special Gold Box DVD sets, each with a new collectible Muppet tin. Guests can also view Muppet clips and teasers on the page’s video player. The new store can be found at www.amazon.com/muppets.
Here are the Gold DVD packs being offered at discounted prices. More exclusives and special offers are coming in the future.

Muppet Gold DVD 5-Pack - including The Muppet Show Seasons 1-3 + Bonuses

Muppet Gold DVD 2-Pack #1 - including 2 Muppet Movies + Bonuses

Muppet Gold DVD 2-Pack #2 - including 2 Muppet Movies + Bonuses

muppetperson

Reaction score
I went to the link, and it seems that it is a group of Muppets products under a official photo heading, but then when you search the products- it goes to different sellers, pretty much the same if you were to do a Muppet product search on ebay. So is there a link if you only wanted to see the Muppets studio store products?

Alvin

Reaction score
And i just got back from Disneyworld, Hollywood Studios...VERY COOL by the way and they had a Muppet shop...all of the items in that shop should be on there too, the items on Amazon...I have seen everywhere. The items in the Muppet Shop were cool, but they need more. The girl in the shop even said she didn't know why they didn't have more. I WILL GLADLY DESIGN SOME if they can't come up with any! And good to see Kermit and Miss Piggy still in the daytime parade for the volunteer thing. I was very happy and in awe. first time seeing it!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is great! More properties are turning to this low-cost Amazon-based format and it's good to see that Disney's onboard with the Muppets brand. Sure, there are going to be some strange anomalies from time to time (that's an inherent bug of the programming) but it's better to include more products than less, right? The DVD packages are especially a good idea and very collector friendly. An all-around B+ effort here that has much potential! :flirt:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new video they posted? About the new Muppet Show Motion Comic Books. they are coming out this fall, and sound pretty cool.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new video they posted? About the new Muppet Show Motion Comic Books. they are coming out this fall, and sound pretty cool.
What are motion comics? Does that mean when you buy a normal looking comic book, it'll have anamation?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What are motion comics? Does that mean when you buy a normal looking comic book, it'll have anamation?
They basically take the comic book and give it tiny bits of animation and sound. It's not much. More like a limited FlashToon with static cutouts moving into frame and animated mouths, but with the great stories from Langridge, the beautiful artwork and the Muppeteer voicework! I think it's great!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
They basically take the comic book and give it tiny bits of animation and sound. It's not much. More like a limited FlashToon with static cutouts moving into frame and animated mouths, but with the great stories from Langridge, the beautiful artwork and the Muppeteer voicework! I think it's great!
Oh. Okay. I'll diffinatly get them.

beaker

Reaction score
I went to the link, and it seems that it is a group of Muppets products under a official photo heading, but then when you search the products- it goes to different sellers, pretty much the same if you were to do a Muppet product search on ebay. So is there a link if you only wanted to see the Muppets studio store products?

I agree, this is just more of a hub to locate what's already on Amazon. I thought this was a Disney.go network website carrying *EXCLUSIVE* items only found in parks or their store site.

beaker

Reaction score
$17 for the Muppet pook a loos? I just got all of them at the local Disney store for $3.99 each.

And the Muppet mugs are $2 bucks at Disney store, here they are way more PLUS shipping:frown: