Muppet Vinylmation Series 2

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I already emailed you, Jamie... but you never, ever cease to amaze me. Your Pepe is 100 times better than the one actually being produced.

I will agree with you though that I'm not disappointed with all of them at all. The selection alone is enough to please me and the designs are very well done... they could obviously use some improvement though, as Jamie's design shows.

And by the by... that Waldo chaser is fantastic! SO wonderful.
Thanks Ryan. I really wish they'd open these up to more than just one artist, but I have a feeling that this guy is the one who got these made in the first place. That's a good thing.

My grades on S2 one by one:
Janice: B- Near perfect fusion of character, likeness and form
Dr. Teeth: C Fair likeness, face should rest lower on the form, problematic hat should either be accessory or hat on one Mickey ear with the feather on the other.
Floyd: B- Nice fusion of character, likeness and form. Cool hat.
Lew: C- Cool fish, weird lips, face should rest lower on form with mustache at the nose ridge.
Penguin: C+ Difficult solutions, but approximately what I would have done.
Pepe: F This thing, from likeness to implementation, is unattractive. I'd want it as a completist only.
FM Piggy:C+ Better likeness than S1. I like how the nose is closer to the eyes, but I'd pull the face and hair down so that the nose ridges lined up. Otherwise, it's beautiful.
Strangepork: C+ Same as FM Piggy
Link: C+ Same as Strangepork and FM Piggy
Scooter: D I'd pull the whole face down, paint the ears on the head and paint some hair in the Mickey ears.
Zoot: D The whole likeness is off and the sunglasses don't rest on the nose. Nice hat.
Waldo: C- It's just weird, but still cool that they tackled it at all! I like the clear sculpt (that adds expense) yet I'd retrofit the face with more finesse.

I'm thankful for this and all Muppet product. I critique because I've been there and understand this at every level of production. Some items will never get a better grade than a C+ because of issues inherent with form and likeness, but as I've demonstrated with Pepe - it can be done with polish.

I'm thinking Crazy Harry, Lips and Suggs will be in Series Three. Let's just hope that's not another year away!

JEP

Reaction score
The only two I don't care much for design wise is Dr. Teeth and Pepe. Hopefully getting this series will be easier than the first. I kept getting Bean. I still am missing some, but I should be able to get them easy in the trading boxes at Walt Disney World. I was lucky to get the Kermit chaser from frogboy4 in a trade. :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if anybody will be cutting the clear plastic off the Waldo and have it fit in with the Palisades figures (though it's face is painted and would be flattened, but that wouldn't be too odd for Waldo).

Bellygrub

Reaction score
It looks like Waldo comes with a hat...a hat that would be perfect for sprucing up Dr Teeth. I'm not a Waldo fan at all so I'll be trying to find one just for the hat :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I gotta say, I like these a LOT better than Hasbro's Mighty Muggs... I never felt they were exactly 100% recycled Awesome (100% recycled fair to middling maybe). I'd get them, I like them to an extent, but I want to see more vynals take the sculpted route. Imagine Muppet figures like that. All coming with one accessory?

JEP

Reaction score
I just wish they would slow down on releasing Vinylmation. Im going broke. Last week was Park #6 and Runaway Brain Mickey. Tomorrow is DuckTales. Then next week is Muppets #2.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
After doing a little doodling, I'm thinking the Vinylmation Gonzo will have a prosthetic nose. They could go the other route and I'd usually encourage that challenge, but an added piece just for him seems like the best solution. :concern:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
After doing a little doodling, I'm thinking the Vinylmation Gonzo will have a prosthetic nose. They could go the other route and I'd usually encourage that challenge, but an added piece just for him seems like the best solution. :concern:
I agree with you... that would make the 9" decision a lot more sensible, I think, if it came with a sculpted nose.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now I wonder if they should release a series 3 in time for the movie, and have the majority of figures be characters created for Muppet movies (Walter, Bill, Gil, Jill, Polly Lobster, Mad Monty, Clueless Morgan). Or maybe a "Muppet Christmas Carol" series, possibly with 9' figures based on the ghosts of chritmas present and future (making them bigger), with a 3' Ghost of Christmas Past as an accessory for one of the 9' figures(though the ghosts of christmas past and future might not look right with Mickey Mouse ears).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Minor Muppetz posted this in another thread.

I say, heck with the Muppet ones, I want these and now!

As for the Muppet ones, they could be much, much worse... scroll up and look at the Tinkerbelle :concern:

Her face is on a VERY questionable place on the mouse. Let's leave it at that. Yuckka!