Underrated Movies

APRena

Reaction score
Speaking of the old DCOMS (if that's what they're calling them now), I loved Smart House.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Speaking of the old DCOMS (if that's what they're calling them now), I loved Smart House.
Yes, that was one of their best. Brink! was good, too (the one about the inline skating enthusiasts and their rivals who skated for money rather than for the fun of it).

Others:

The Rescuers Down Under- the Disney movie that everyone seems to forget about. True, it was a sequel to what can hardly be described as one of their most memorable films, but this movie was awesome. I remember being a little girl and watching this with my older brother every summer in the top floor of our grandma's house.

Cars- I don't get why everyone seems to consider this Pixar's worst movie (to me, that dubious honor goes to A Bug's Life, but I talked about that in another thread). It really was an impressive piece. The animation was great, the characters were fun and memorable, and the story was fun.

Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead- I actually just got through watching that about ten minutes ago. Granted, I've recently discovered that this movie is gaining a cult following, but it still doesn't get nearly as much credit as it deserves.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Wild Hearts Can't be Broken. I think I saw it when I was younger, and I just noticed it on a film channel's schedule for tonight. I don't really remember much of it though.

Nick22

Reaction score
me too! it was my favorite when i was little!

old DCOMs are a million times better than newer ones.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Rescuers Down Under- the Disney movie that everyone seems to forget about. True, it was a sequel to what can hardly be described as one of their most memorable films, but this movie was awesome. I remember being a little girl and watching this with my older brother every summer in the top floor of our grandma's house.
You know... if it wasn't for that movie, Chip and Dale wouldn't have been the Rescue Rangers. Though, i'm starting to think that was an internet rumor... or at least the first draft of the series.

Cars- I don't get why everyone seems to consider this Pixar's worst movie (to me, that dubious honor goes to A Bug's Life, but I talked about that in another thread). It really was an impressive piece. The animation was great, the characters were fun and memorable, and the story was fun.
I see what you're getting at. it's not so much underrated (the aisles of toys to this day still being produced prove it) as much as under appreciated by an adult Fanbase. I have to say, it was a pleasant surprise considering I went into the film not expecting much. Pixar has never made a bad film, and Cars and Bugs Life are no where near bad or even less than decent. They've had a continuous string of gems since their first one. Very rare to see that in a film production company. But there is a few things about Cars I didn't like... the fact that all the characters were stereotypes was a turn off.

As for Bugs Life... well, I blame Dreamworks rushing Antz out for that one. I have to say, I unfortunately think the plot of Antz was a bit better, having a conspiracy theory within the ant community. But I still think Bugs' Life was a great film too.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Quest for Camelot - Yes, this movie is pretty bad but I think people are just slightly too hard on it. Warner's first real attempt at an animated features which tries to combine the best of both worlds (the 1990's Disney musical and Warner Brothers' own trademark Looney Tunes comedy) and there are a lot of flaws but the animation is great to look at, the music isn't half-bad and I seem to be the only person in the world who likes that two-headed dragon.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I seem to be the only person in the world who likes that two-headed dragon.
he was the only thing REALLY enjoyable in the movie. I didn't see it until several months ago when it was on TV, but even with the commercials and previews and Kid's WB shoving it violently down our throats, I really liked the Dragon. Got the dragon bean bag from the WB store too. And I dug the Urkle the chicken axe head thingy too. Wish I got him. But other than that, it really seemed a jaded attempt at being a Disney movie (even referencing Lion King) and trying way too hard to have wacky sidekicks. I felt the movie was thrown together for the most part, and it could have been decent if they tried harder to make a movie that WASN'T like Disney films.

But you ain't the only one that liked Devon and Cornwall, though. Loved their song. Actually, the villain wasn't all that bad either.

Yorick

Reaction score
Gremlins 2: The New Batch, the rare Hollywood sequel that sweeps the floor with the movie that preceded it. I'd say it's Joe Dante's masterpiece and the plot is, in fact, very strong especially for such a Looney Tunes-inspired film.
I'll always prefer the original for it's dark and beautifully strange vibe. That's THE Gremlins movie. It's Gremlins :smile: But as for Gremlins 2, while I agree that it didn't get as much attention when it was released as Gremins did when it came out, I think most people agree with you these days and prefer 2.

I like Gremlins 2 a lot, and I am glad Dante made it! Yes, it not only made fun of the first film, but it also had all sorts of other "messages" (for lack of a better word) in it, no matter how subtle (the first one had some too).

Though I'd choose the first if I could only have one of them, Gremlins 2 is indeed great! :smile: