GONZO in Little Big Planet 2!

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
That's fantastic!
I would almost buy a PS3 just for that game just for the Gonzo skin!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
well looks like im finally buying a ps3..i was waiting for kingdom hearts 3 to come out but with this and DC universe might as well get it now

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw that artwork on Muppet wiki... I thought it was concept art for a series of small Japanese style Disney Bobbleheads (I actually have one... what's the name of the Trick or Treating Witch from NBX)... kinda disappointed it's for a video game. Cuz if that was indeed some sort of toy, I'd grab it in a heart beat.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
This is SUPER exciting! Can't wait to find out the retailer. I definitely plan on buying this!

I also read elsewhere that more Muppet costumes are going to be made available as downloadable content as well. SO awesome.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Pardon my dumbness, as I am not into Computer games, so I am wondering-is all this talk of costumes and skins about physical material costumes or are they some sort of virtual costume for the game? I am hoping it is physical, and I guess that being a costume, you need a 7 inch Sackboy plushie to fit it?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Pardon my dumbness, as I am not into Computer games, so I am wondering-is all this talk of costumes and skins about physical material costumes or are they some sort of virtual costume for the game? I am hoping it is physical, and I guess that being a costume, you need a 7 inch Sackboy plushie to fit it?
Just spoke to a Sony representative-it is a physical costume but you have to buy the Playstation 3 bundle to get him.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's all digital puppetry!

Just spoke to a Sony representative-it is a physical costume but you have to buy the Playstation 3 bundle to get him.
I think you misunderstood. This is not a costume for an actual doll you can hold in your hand. Sackboy is a video game character for the Playstation 3 video game "Little Big Planet".

Here's a trailer of the new game (Gonzo costume not featured).

In LBP the user customizes their sackboy avatar and this special edition package will include a Gonzo costume. It's all digital! The user moves this avatar around like a little digital puppet in order to buld obstacle courses that other gamers can play. It's a fantastic game that Jim Henson himself would have probably created if he were around today.

However, there have been attempts to bring Sackboy action figures, but it keeps being shelved. This Gonzo costume is not part of that anyway.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think you misunderstood. This is not a costume for an actual doll you can hold in your hand. Sackboy is a video game character for the Playstation 3 video game "Little Big Planet".

Here's a trailer of the new game (Gonzo costume not featured).

In LBP the user customizes their sackboy avatar and this special edition package will include a Gonzo costume. It's all digital! The user moves this avatar around like a little digital puppet in order to buld obstacle courses that other gamers can play. It's a fantastic game that Jim Henson himself would have probably created if he were around today.

However, there have been attempts to bring Sackboy action figures, but it keeps being shelved. This Gonzo costume is not part of that anyway.
When I rang Sony, I asked-Is the Gonzo costume physical or virtual?The reply was physical.I did a search on ebay and noticed other costumes were virtual and you were given a code to unlock them.But then I also saw physical Sackboy items also, such as keyrings, sculptures and plushes.Now I am :confused:
Are you sure they arent doing a physical Gonzo as well?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Holy crud, that chibi Gonzo is cute without being sugary. If I had a PS3 I'd be going "Gimme, gimme gimme."

On the right I thought for one brief, joyous moment that one of the other skins was Pyramid Head. That might have pushed me over the edge.