Oh Where, Oh Where has my Muppets gone?

beakerboy12

Reaction score
If you haven't noticed some of the Muppets have faded out of the spotlight? But why? Where are they going? Where are they now?

For now I might focus on Robin or Beauregard. With Beau all we've seen him in is the Bobo workout video on Disney.com while Robin has been missing. He wasn't even in "Bohemian Rhapsody". Help me with these disappearances or talk about your own. We need all the Muppets we can get!:smile::wink:

SeanC

Reaction score
If you haven't noticed some of the Muppets have faded out of the spotlight? But why? Where are they going? Where are they now?
It's particularly true of the full-bodied characters. Sweetums seems to be the only one still regularly used. Doglion popped up a few times since the end of 'The Muppet Show', appearing in 'The Cosby Show', 'Muppets Tonight' and a couple other things, but nothing ( as far as I know ) in well over a decade. Then there's Mean Mamma, who vanished altogether after TMS. Timmy Monster, Fletcherbird, Betsy Bird, Thog... where are they now?
Then there's Thig... who hasn't been seen in almost 40 years.
If I was in charge of the new Muppet movie I'd bring 'em all back.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
I do like Thog, he's a very nice character he should be used in alot of things. I'd like to see him in a viral video or something...

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Well, at least Robin was on Saturday Night Live. (Erm...Last December? "12 Days of Christmas"? That is what I'm thinking of, right?) Other than that, the little amphibian sweetheart doesn't really get that much attention. :sympathy:

SeanC

Reaction score
I do like Thog, he's a very nice character he should be used in alot of things. I'd like to see him in a viral video or something...
I seem to recall reading someplace that the Thog costume got so badly worn out that it had to be thrown away. Very sad, but I'm sure the Henson company still have the original design plans and could rebuild him if needed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, at least Robin was on Saturday Night Live. (Erm...Last December? "12 Days of Christmas"? That is what I'm thinking of, right?) Other than that, the little amphibian sweetheart doesn't really get that much attention. :sympathy:
Well... they just recast him in LTS... and everyone complained about his voice...

Problem is, all we're really getting now is Muppet Virals and their own web videos... and usually the virals feature the Chef, Beaker and Animal. Once we get a meaty project, I'm sure we'll see more of Beau and Robin.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Good, Dr. Tooth. Thanks, oh and by the way, where in the world is Link.

I bring him up because, Strangepork (now played by Matt Vogel) came back in Bohemian Rhapsody. Where's Link :sympathy:?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Good, Dr. Tooth. Thanks, oh and by the way, where in the world is Link.
I really don't see why we haven't had Link come back in any form outside of one long gone video game. Of course, Link never had all that big of a role in ANY of the Muppet Movies, and I'm sure if there was a TV show going on now, he'd be somewhere. I'd really love to see him in a viral, flexing and saying how great he is, only to find out he's been secretly videotaped.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Link was a macho part of Jim, plus, Link is there, you gotta look for him. He was the gong pig in Muppet Treasure Island, he was a boarding house resident in Muppets from Space, he was a sherif in Muppet Christmas Carol.