Muppet Comics -- Family Reunion SHOCK!

Amy

Reaction score
Parody of Heroes, obviously. Skeeter's the Mexican girl who kills people by crying from the second season.
Oooooh, okay. I'm the only person in the world who has not seen a single second of Heroes (or LOST, or 24, or Madmen, or Glee etc...), so the joke was lost on me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
umm i could draw way better then that and I know Amy draws way better then that to!
Well gee, I mean it's not meant to be picture perfect, that's the artist's style, that's the way he draws... you have to really follow the comic (the whole series) to see that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
HEHE sorry i was mad about something else and wanted something to vent about, and that was an easy target.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oooooh, okay. I'm the only person in the world who has not seen a single second of Heroes (or LOST, or 24, or Madmen, or Glee etc...), so the joke was lost on me.
Actually, that character on Heroes is the one that helped sink the series' ratings. I know so many people that fast forwarded those parts on the DVR. Madmen is worth checking out and Glee is a fun guilty pleasure with some good musical moments (plus Buffy's Joss Whedon will direct an episode this year), but not even recaps with Kermit the Frog will get me to watch Lost...and I love television.

dwayne1115 said:
umm i could draw way better then that and I know Amy draws way better then that to!
I agree with you. I understand minimalism and style, but there are some fundamental basic skills that are sorely lacking in the art as well as the storytelling. It's still kind of cute in its own way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I understand minimalism and style, but there are some fundamental basic skills that are sorely lacking in the art as well as the storytelling.
Like what?

Again, you have to follow the comic regularly to appreciate the style and the humor, which quite often are spoofs and parodies like this. Y'know, it's kinda like Rocky and Bullwinkle - still a good show, inspite of simplistic, choppy and limited animation.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Even without knowing the Heroes reference, that little bit was funny. I was thinking maybe it was referencing that all the puppets were decaying from years of disuse. (i.e. Luncheon Counter Monster, etc.)
In any case, to get to the original topic, I saw this comic in the comic book shop and was absolutely thrilled to see Skeeter in a Muppets comic! AWESOME!:excited::big_grin:
I also wanted to say that Amy's art is pretty much my favorite- she's done a great job of capturing all the characters quite well. And Skeeter looks awesome! I don't know if it's legal reasons or otherwise that Skeeter's name didn't appear in the book, but I can get over that. It's so cool just to have her back! I wonder if her supposed "getting lost in the Amazon" explanation I've heard given for her disappearance from the Muppets universe will be addressed.
And I do appreciate the canon/cannon joke in the credits, as well as the slight reference to Nanny's green-striped socks. As a Muppets fan in general and particularly a Muppet Babies fan, I really love that! (I grew up watching that cartoon alongside The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock [puppet and animated] and I love them all. I just wish Muppet Babies could find its way to DVD someday...)
And add to this that I also bought the new Fraggle Rock comic book this day and an awesome one-shot Firestar comic! (That was for my love for Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends and Marvel/DC superheroes in general.) I was quite ecstatic after this trip to the comic book shop. Which, by the way, of these, Heroes & Dragons is a great one. (I just don't get down there very often.)
Anyway, to quote Kermit, with this comic, I think you've just "made millions of people happy":smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Like what?

Again, you have to follow the comic regularly to appreciate the style and the humor, which quite often are spoofs and parodies like this. Y'know, it's kinda like Rocky and Bullwinkle - still a good show, inspite of simplistic, choppy and limited animation.
If that's not rhetorical and you really would like to know my thoughts on the Idget strip, here goes.

In a nutshell, the drawing isn't as minimal as it is kind of messy and kind of breaks its own established style and character proportions from panel to panel. These are elements that the classic Matt Groening Life in H*ll strips manage to get right. Also, the story is predicated on the assumption that the reader has knowledge o f several different pop culture references at once. There’s a lack of dynamic composition in the framing of each panel. Everything is in the center. That's what makes this the level of fun fan art created for friends and a self-published, semi-professional piece. There are several books I could point toward for help in this field. It's really a tough one.

In the end, it’s a cute and clever strip for someone still in high school and probably is. Just my opinion, though.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've finally gotten to a point of waiting to collect the trade paperbacks. Keeping up with the single issues for all of the titles now has become too challenging and costly. Is anyone else in the same boat? So much Muppety goodness is a nice problem to have! :smile: