Top 5 Muppet Product & Character Ideas

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This is how it works. Sure, we all like Kermit and Animal on grocery totes and tees, but there's a wealth of other character and products out there. This thread is to name up to five. One should be a high-end product, one of medium expense and the last should be something every fan can afford. This is for the Muppet Studios brand only. It's not about releasing things on DVD, new TV ideas, CDs or the replicas we know are coming. This list is Just a spit-balling of other practical store-stocked product goodies.

1. High-end = Scooter's Muppet Show Jacket Replica
2. Medium-cost = Rowlf & Piano Candy Dish
3. Inexpensive = Quality Mini PVCs in popular/fan-fave pairings (Gonzo & Frackle) etc
4. Maquettes reenacting classic Muppet Moments (like Miss Piggy's motorcycle through the window in GMC)
5. Fossil-quality watches and wallets featuring the Mayhem members

Just a few ideas. What are yours?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
How about a new in depth look into the Muppets and what has gone on with them in the past 20 years or so. Or a book about the whole 50 some odd years of the work of Jim Henson and the Muppets. Kind of like Street Gang for the classic Muppets.

A nice replica of the Muppet Theater would be nice as well.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
1, Swarvoski lead crystal Muppets figurines, they alreay make Disney/Pooh Characters!
2, Something I have really wanted for a long time is also a book. Not really another Biography book on Jim Henson although that would be great but a book of The Muppets, either a Large Art Book, with 1000's of colour Photos. Or a Muppets History as in a Muppets biography, like The Muppet Movie, how it happened in The Muppets World. It would contain a brief chapter about the early days, Sam and Friends, Sesame Street, then The Muppet Show, Movies, Specials, appearences, photos, and would go beyond Jim Henson the Works and contain Chapters on The Muppet Xmas Carol, Treasure Island, Muppets Tonight, Xmas Specials, etc, you get the idea. A huge part of the Muppets while owned by Henson was the publishing division, but since Disney acquired them there have been no Informative Books? Maybe one day.

3, Adult belts with metal buckles, ie The Muppet Show or The Muppet Movie logo.

Chris

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sure the book idea is really a thing that everyone could get into I think. I also think something like a user guide to the Muppets. What I mean is a deatailed book about who the Muppets are. Like one chapter be about Kermit and so on. That would help re intorduce who the Muppets are.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sure the book idea is really a thing that everyone could get into I think. I also think something like a user guide to the Muppets. What I mean is a deatailed book about who the Muppets are. Like one chapter be about Kermit and so on. That would help re intorduce who the Muppets are.
That is a good idea. What fans really want is some glossy new pictures too! How about some sort of Muppets Guide to the World. All of the characters could be featured in a less clinical format while all could easily be included and introduced. We know it would be witty.

I'd also like to see Disney capitalize off the Muppet monsters and create a brand for them down the line.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oh I know what you mean. You almost could branch out the Muppets a bit and make a lot of money off of them. Here is what I mean.

1. All classic Muppets: You could use them all in this catagory but there would be seperete ones.

2. The Electric Mayhem: They could really be used more for CD's Te shirts all kinds of things and not just use Animal.

3. Like Jamie said the Muppet Monsters, can be used a lot more in marketing they all look really cool and a lot of teens would love them on Te shirts and such.

4. Muppet Labs should and is really staring to be used a lot. Everyone loves Beaker.

I think if they really used each group wisly that Disney would make a killing.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh I know what you mean. You almost could branch out the Muppets a bit and make a lot of money off of them. Here is what I mean.

1. All classic Muppets: You could use them all in this catagory but there would be seperete ones.

2. The Electric Mayhem: They could really be used more for CD's Te shirts all kinds of things and not just use Animal.

3. Like Jamie said the Muppet Monsters, can be used a lot more in marketing they all look really cool and a lot of teens would love them on Te shirts and such.

4. Muppet Labs should and is really staring to be used a lot. Everyone loves Beaker.

I think if they really used each group wisly that Disney would make a killing.
I also like the idea of themed notebooks and school supplies for Muppet Labs, Muppet Monsters and Electric Mayhem. They could really brand a coolness factor if done right. These three brandings also beg for little plushes and doo-dads. Think of the popularity of Ugly Dolls. Think of Beaker, Dr Teeth and Muppet Monsters styled in that way.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Jamie me and you should really draw up a plan and send it to Disney/Muppet Studios. We both have a lot of great ideas and seem to be on the same page on most of what we have come up with. Wow wouldn't that wild if two die hard Muppet fans met on Muppet Central and helped re launch the Muppet sells.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jamie me and you should really draw up a plan and send it to Disney/Muppet Studios. We both have a lot of great ideas and seem to be on the same page on most of what we have come up with. Wow wouldn't that wild if two die hard Muppet fans met on Muppet Central and helped re launch the Muppet sells.
The unfortunate thing is we now know all-too-well that the Disney reps dismiss any proposals not received through an agency no matter how spectacularly Muppetational they are. :sympathy: I'm just hoping that there's some online Disney-bot that catalogs these suggestions. :wink: Well, that's how it works in frogboyland. :embarrassed:

I wonder just what the next stage of this push is going to be like. I think Hallmark has the right idea to quit throwing the same old Kermit and Barbie-fied Piggy out there and focus on the fan favorites like Statler, Waldorf and the Swedish Chef.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Makes me think is Chef and Beaker more popular then Kermit?