Speculation: Possible Henson Biopic Script

APRena

Reaction score
If this IS true, (doubtful... the link has been taken down, but it sounds pretty bad according to the rest who have posted here.) who do you think will play Jim? Probably some unknown, I can't think of many famous people who look like him...

dwmckim

Reaction score
If this IS true, (doubtful... the link has been taken down, but it sounds pretty bad according to the rest who have posted here.) who do you think will play Jim? Probably some unknown, I can't think of many famous people who look like him...
While it's fun to speculate, the fact is we really don't have to worry about anyone playing Jim. This is a DIFFERENT script than the one that made the news a year ago about a Henson biopic being developed. As i understand THIS script gained some attnetion for its writing and has since earned the author actual work on other projects but no studio is presently seriously actually planning to turn this script into an actual film.

Even if one did, they would have to get the backing/approval of the Jim Henson Legacy and Disney to use the Muppets in the film and i can't see either party to allow the Muppets to be used in the Dreamchild manner that Henson used the Alice in Wonderland characters for.

MuppetMazz

Reaction score
Jeff Daniels and William Hurt could look great as Jim. Would love to see this get made.

(oh and David Cross as Frank Oz = genius)

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I wonder, just out of interest, was Jim's brother really killed in an accident? Just asking out of curiosity...
Yes, he was. That info's in the book "Jim Henson: The Works." Perhaps one of the few truths to be found in this script.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Yes, he was. That info's in the book "Jim Henson: The Works." Perhaps one of the few truths to be found in this script.
Oh, I read parts of the book before but I didn't know that, how sad.:cry: But I did know about his trip away, but now it makes more sense, I read the bit on this script a while ago and haven't read more up to the part where Jim and Jane get married, It does seem like they exaggerated the story a bit though, like I will/would be a bit surprised if the whole bits about that other guy and that other girl, it would be a great idea to put in theaters though, I probably wouldn't watch it if it was too sad though.

Fluffets

Reaction score
I just thought, what does (beat) and (cont'd) mean?

zns

Reaction score
If this film ever does happen, let's just hope that it does Jim and his family and company some serious justice. :attitude:

Fluffets

Reaction score
If this film ever does happen, let's just hope that it does Jim and his family and company some serious justice.
Yeah, I wonder what the trailer'd be like?

"In a natural, dull civilation there is a man.... and a frog!" :smile::smile::smile: