Episodes that Have Stuck with You

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I almost thought about posting this in the Classic Sesame Street Board, but I think this can very well apply to even the more current seasons of SST as well.

Have there been an particular episodes you have seen that even to this day you recall vividly? Moreso than others? Maybe episodes you didn't actually tape, but you still remember them clearly?

There's quite a few episodes like that that I have been thinking about quite a bit lately...

One for instance is from sometime in the mid 90s or so (1996, 1997, maybe even early 1998) that involved Gabi inviting Big Bird and Tarah over for a sleepover; two things I can clearly remember is how Tarah showed everybody how she has someone (in this case, it was Luis I believe) help her out of her wheel chair, and into her bed, or in this case sleeping bag, and then later, Big Bird telling Maria and Luis how some strange noise keeps waking him up and scaring him, and it turned out to be his own snoring, lol.

Another episode I recall vividly was from Season 28... I believe it was that season, because I remember this was just before we were given Elmo's World, but the set had already been modified to include the two-story red brick apartment behind the fence of the arbor where Elmo lives - this episode involved Elmo telling Luis and Gabi about a nightmare he had the night before where he was supposed to have a playdate with Big Bird, when all of the sudden another Elmo showed up and had the playdate instead, which made the real Elmo sad because the other Elmo was having all the fun he was supposed to be having.

Two more recent episodes from Seasons 33 and 34 respectively involve when David Allen Grier made an appearance as Alladin, and was learning to do certain everyday things without using magic, like making Zoe a peanut butter and jelly sandwich; and it being Bert's birthday, and him wanting to be left alone, but after a while, begins to feel odd without Ernie being around.

I know there are others that aren't coming to mind at the moment, but I believe you get the point of this thread.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
For me, the episode that sticks out in my memory the most is the episode where the street sign goes missing (having been broken by a bird) and Telly makes a temporary compensation.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
OMG, I actually forgot about that one!

Poor Telly at the end of the day... which also reminds me of when Big Bird and Zoe were to have a playdate, but both were sick, and Telly ran back and forth to deliver messages... even his accompaning music got tired after a while.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
even his accompanying music got tired after a while.
That sounds hilarious! Like in the Texas Telly episode where he yelled at the music cue when he gave up his quest.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like how they would occasionally stop and ask where that music was coming from; real throw back to Green Acres whenever Oliver would deliver one of his speeches while "Yankee Doodle" is played on the fife, and someone will ask who's playing the fife.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't remember that one, but it does remind of that spoof of The Odd Couple from Season 31 I think, where Oscar receives a visit from his pen-pal Felix the Grouch, but surprisingly for a grouch, Felix is actually a neat-freak, which annoys Oscar, meanwhile his messiness annoys Felix.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I remember that one too, but all I recall is that he cleaned Oscar's can (the exterior) to make it shiny and new and at the end, the sponsors where shown with a grungy font that Felix clean up with his umbrella.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah he did; Felix initially left because they couldn't get along, but came back when they both realized their differences gave them something to argue about, and as grouches, they both love to argue, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I guess this did belong in the Classic Sesame Street Board after all; again, I wasn't sure since some of the episodes in discussion were from more current seasons.