Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Many cartoon artists create these harmless background cameos. It's no biggie and it's usually done with a wink and a nod unless the characters are doing something distasteful. :cool:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'm pretty late when it comes to these comic books of course. But I'm loving adding these to my collection now.

The very first one I bought off ebay. Which was the very limited Ultimate Comics variant of issue #4: the Miss. Piggy story. Done by the very talented Amy Mebberson.

But since I'm keeping that pretty much untouched, I got the "Meet the Muppets" paperback of all four issues. I can't wait to read it, really soon.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tough Pigs now has a new interview with Roger Langridge, which includes some spoilers for "On the Road", information about the issues after that storyarc, and more.

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
Gotten so behind on these books! :crazy: Finally picked up Peg Leg Wilson # 3 at a Borders. Langridge did a very good job at keeping each issue entertaining enough on their own. And I'm loving his art for the Electric Mayhem. They need a spin off, I say! :attitude:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Tough Pigs now has a new interview with Roger Langridge, which includes some spoilers for "On the Road", information about the issues after that storyarc, and more.
From that interview:
"So there'll be four issues of human guest stars — Hamlet, Sherlock Holmes, Cleopatra and Victor Frankenstein. Plus a couple of pages featuring Galileo which I'm probably far too pleased about for my own good."

Hands up, everyone - besides myself, how many people upon reading that automatically got Bobo in their head singing "Galileo Galileo..."

Loved Pigs In Space - even though i love RL and want to see him doing the comic as long as possible (and i seem to be in the minority of fans here that prefer it when he goes wilder with drawing the charactes) i had hoped that the comics would provide a chance to see a wide variety of artists working on the titles as i like seeing how different comic artists represent them and this one-shot was a really cool chance to see a different look at the characters.

...and for what it's worth, i would SO tune in to a Wayne and Wanda Night Fever.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is King Arthur delayed because Peter Pan 4 delayed? Just asking before hand so I don't go crazy trying to look for it tomorrow.

Amy

Reaction score
Is King Arthur delayed because Peter Pan 4 delayed? Just asking before hand so I don't go crazy trying to look for it tomorrow.
King Arthur IS delayed, but it's nothing to do with Pan.
But yeah, last I heard, King Arthur 1 will be out end of Jan.

Drtooth

Reaction score
No matter... I was able to pick up one of Boom's translations of Italian Donald Duck comics instead. I'm loving those just as much.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I find it odd that in the "On the Road" stories that Fozzie will become a solo act, performing on streets. I would have thought a storyline like that would be better if the Muppets weren't doing a touring show. Like maybe four issues where Fozzie leaves the theater while the show is still going on.