Parents not liking the muppets?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Mother and father didn't let me watch any muppet movies or the television show because they thought I'd become like Gonzo and date chickens......

Are you kidding me, it's the muppets! They're harmless fun. Now I know some parents didn't like their kids banging their little heads on a piano trying to mimic Don Music, but the muppets are just harmless fun.

What's next, parents are going to say "we can't let you watch the muppets because of that Pepe character. He just loves all the women he sees".

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
It's because of my family that I even got into the Muppets!

For one thing, before I was born and my parents didn't know my gender, they called me "Scooter" after you-know-who. When I was little, my dad would play the soundtrack to Muppets Take Manhattan in the car. Every Christmas my dad would bring out the John Denver and the Muppets record and play it constantly. We have a Swedish Chef plushie in the kitchen. My brother-in-law named his cat Beaker, and my cat, Baxter, has Beauregard as his middle name (my sister and brother-in-law wanted me to name him Gonzo, heh). It just goes on XD

RedPiggy

Reaction score
My father wasn't all that into it. He appreciated it from a technical POV, as he was very mechanically-minded (something I inherited). My mother was in high school when SS started, so she's always liked the SS characters best. My mother helped me get Ernie and Bert's and Snuffy's autographs. I may have had other ones, but I still have those.

kgambino

Reaction score
my parents loved to let me watch TMS. My grandmom had great time too.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
It's amazing, my parents were both in high school for the majority of TMS' run (they were obviously too old for Sesame Street from the get-go, but they do remember what a big deal the show was when it premiered), but neither of their households were huge watchers of The Muppet Show. After they had kids, though, what they saw as an electronic babysitter in 1993 has become a standard at my household. My parents try to catch up and while they seem interested, they can never catch up to speed with me. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My parents try to catch up and while they seem interested, they can never catch up to speed with me. :smile:
Lol, it's like with me, my parents and the Beatles. They liked them in the '60s but weren't huge fans. Now I'm the huge fan and I got them interested again!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I know my parents didn't watch as much of SS or TMS but they still would i believe watch Sesame Street with me when i was a kid or a baby. I know my mom told me she remembers when the episode of when Mr. Hooper passes away aired and even remembers watching it with us too. Now me and my dad would always watch Fraggle Rock together. He and my mom enjoyed the show. My dad's favorite characters were the Doozers. That's one of the only thing he ever mentions when i bring up FR. My parents are big fans like me but i know they watched it with me and my sister were little. I know my dad's parents would watch it with me when i would be over at their house. That is the reruns on TNT. We would watch that then the Pink Panther cartoons would come on after that.

The 11th UrRu

Reaction score
Anyone whos got a problem with the muppets on an ethical level needs to get out of the house more, the very thought is completely ridiculous.

Reminds me of the time some churchs were protesting Harry Potter due to witchcraft and alll that... in an age full of video games, DVDs, and other technologies you got kids lining up at midnight to buy a 600 page book that their going to read in 3 days... and people get upset. Alot is made about JK Rowlings wealth, but she has earned every penny as far as Im concerned....that was one of the biggest social accomplishments of the past 25 years and still some people find a way to complain. Its embarrassing.