Parents not liking the muppets?

Redsonga

Reaction score
One of the topics lately got me thinking: Are there really parents that dislike the muppets? What do your parents think of them?
My parents saw them as good clean fun next to most of everything else on tv or video, and really love them still (now in their mid-sixties.) :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My parents think they're funny, my Mom used to tell me about the Muppet Show. Dad loves the La Choy Dragon and Muppet Babies, lol. Dad and I have always enjoyed Labyrinth. But neither of them are like huge fans.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
My cousin's mom would not allow him to watch Muppet Babies when he was little. I guess she didn't want him talking like Animal. On the other hand, he had MCC, MTI, and GMC on video, so she must have eventually changed her mind on the matter.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, my Mom got upset with Follow That Bird for saying "Ain't No Road Too Long." But she didn't stop me from watching it. She did say not to say "ain't" in regular speech, which I didn't, probably because no one else I knew did, hehe.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It was once stated on the old Delphi forum that one member's mother felt that Miss Piggy and Kermit's sexual tension was unsuitable for young viewers. I think that’s silly. I also have trouble with the folk that condemn the old Tom & Jerry and classic Warner Bros violence. It is actually said that they can’t show some of it overseas. Weirdness. :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It was once stated on the old Delphi forum that one member's mother felt that Miss Piggy and Kermit's sexual tension was unsuitable for young viewers. I think that’s silly. I also have trouble with the folk that condemn the old Tom & Jerry and classic Warner Bros violence. It is actually said that they can’t show some of it overseas. Weirdness. :stick_out_tongue:
In both cases, people need to understand that children weren't the only intended audience. Plus K&P's relationship never felt that outrageous to me.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I guess the more impressable little ones might pick up on ways of speaking from the muppets. I think it is much more common for them to pick something up for other children first though. I still say I must have somehow learned a thing or two from junior gorg when I was a baby :wink:.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I tended to pick up expressions rather than speech, which my parents found amusing, hehe. Again, I was too self conscious to use speech that no one else was using, lol.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I tended to pick up expressions rather than speech, which my parents found amusing, hehe. Again, I was too self conscious to use speech that no one else was using, lol.
Not me, when a character was southern I would be "you all"-ing all over the place just for fun :smile:. Of course I knew how to talk 'right' but talking 'fun' was okay to...As long as it was not a bad word (funny how I never picked anything up from the Happiness Hotel song. Yes that is a bad word in my family :3) it was all good:excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
As long as it was not a bad word (funny how I never picked anything up from the Happiness Hotel song. Yes that is a bad word in my family :3) it was all good:excited:
You know I watched GMC all the time as a kid and I never even noticed that word, lol. I must have been very young. Oh and, that was a bad word for me to say too. :wink: