Parents not liking the muppets?

Redsonga

Reaction score
My whole family loves the Muppets. My mother is a chef and she loves the Sweadish Chef. We even have a clock in the kitchen with him on it. I rented the Muppet movie not too long ago and my parents came home near the end and they sat down and watched the rest of it then told me to go the special features so we could watch them. So, yeah, my parents love the Muppets. It is hard to believe that there is anyone who would not love the Muppets but maybe that is just me.
Oh, it's hard for me to believe to, I guess that's why I asked, I can't really warp my mind around the idea. But then, I guess if they don't like the idea of puppets overall that might be a reason to dislike the muppets..still it's hard to think about:sympathy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well it's hard for Bert to think about how Ernie doesn't like piegons. :frown::stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Well it's hard for Bert to think about how Ernie doesn't like piegons. :
I was always on Bert's side to :smile:.
But this is kind of different, as, well the muppets have so much that they can give if given a chance and things they can teach:smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was always on Bert's side to :smile:.
But this is kind of different, as, well the muppets have so much that they can give if given a chance and things they can teach:smile:
Well I agree, I think people can benefit from them. But you know, we're all wired differently and don't all like the same things. It's like I always tell non Beatle fans (I don't understand them either!), you don't have to like their music, but you do need to acknowledge their beneficial place in music history. :smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
Reminds me of the Beatle conventions I used to go where even the 5 year olds were singing "Help!" Lol
Lol! How awesome! That's great, though. :smile: Believe it or not, there are quite a few people my age who are like, "who's John Lennon?" I personally find it quite surprising, mind you, I grew up listening to The Beatles.
Probably not most teens, but then again Sesame Street was unique in that it was a kids show that was considered very hip and different, by adults as well as kids. And don't forget, some of the future puppeteers were teenagers or 20 year olds admiring the show before they got hired.
I agree. Even if it's not all that appealling, like, some people may not find SST or whatever that entertaining, but because it's so unique and groundbreaking (especially when it was shown fer the first time) it's hard not to just appreciate it fer what it is.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol! How awesome! That's great, though. :smile: Believe it or not, there are quite a few people my age who are like, "who's John Lennon?" I per
sonally find it quite surprising, mind you, I grew up listening to The Beatles.
Yeah that's always annoying, "living is easy with eyes closed" after all. :wink:

Kiki

Reaction score
Yeah that's always annoying, "living is easy with eyes closed" after all. :wink:
Lol, :wink: how true. And yeah, it gets REALLY annoying! It know it shouldn't annoy me so much but... I'm like, "gaaaah! Do you live under a rock?"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, :wink: how true. And yeah, it gets REALLY annoying! It know it shouldn't annoy me so much but... I'm like, "gaaaah! Do you live under a rock?"
I hear you; it can really drive you crazy. All you can do is keep doing your thing (and make sure everyone knows it hehe). :sing:

Redsonga

Reaction score
"And if you do it can't be fraggle rock for sure :stick_out_tongue:!" I feel like that with dislike for the muppets, or when someone gets even Kermit's name wrong. I think it is because they have been a part of our life's for generations now..Of course, there are the sort that forget something right away when it stops being in the public eye at least once a year:sympathy:..

(As a side note I actually have a hard time with the names of even famous singers and band members, I remember the songs but I hardly ever link them with a name. This has made watching TMS something for me:coy:)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What's funny for me is how it's not like my Dad and I ever spent a lot of time talking about Sesame Street or Fraggle Rock. Yet when he sees me watching it today he goes, "Mokey! Oh wow, yeah I remember that!" And I'm like, "Um...you do? !" Lol