List Of Muppet Hipsters

ploobis

Reaction score
Here is my list of the Hippest Muppets, Ya Dig?

1. HARRY THE HIPSTER

2. MAHNA MAHNA

3. FLOYD PEPPER :sing:

4. DR. TEETH :big_grin:

5. ZOOT :cool:

6. JANICE

7. CLIFFORD

8. FLASH

9. BEARD

10. ZIPPITY ZAP

11. BE-BOP BUNNY

12. LITTLE JERRY & THE MONOTONES

13. JOWLS

14. JACK BE NIMBLE (Sesame Street)

15. SAME SOUND BROWN

16. BIP BIPPADOTTA

17. FERLINGHETTI DONIZETTI

18. LIPS

Who are your favorite Muppet Hipsters and what other Muppets do you think belong in this Hip category?

Stay Cool!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Dang you really came up with a pretty definitive list...i just a have a few more i would personally add...

(in no particular order)

Hoots the Owl

Roosevelt Franklin

Cantus (perhaps more Zen than anything but i'd still say his overall mentality would be a Fraggle equivalent)

Wisss

Pied Piper (classic Sesame Street News Flash segment)

Wally (from Muppets Valentine Special)

Kermit also dabbled briefly in hipsterdom when he went from straight man to the groovy one in the classic Visual Thinking sketch...though if it hadn't been by then, i'd say his membership in the hipster club was officially revoked when he hated Fuque for Frog!

...and perhaps my all time favorite (next to Floyd and Mahna Mahna)...the whatnot hipster in Sesame Street's variation of the Visual Thinking sketch with shapes ("Now do you know what a square is?" "I know WHO a square is!")

ploobis

Reaction score
Dang you really came up with a pretty definitive list...i just a have a few more i would personally add...

(in no particular order)

Hoots the Owl

Roosevelt Franklin

Cantus (perhaps more Zen than anything but i'd still say his overall mentality would be a Fraggle equivalent)

Wisss

Pied Piper (classic Sesame Street News Flash segment)

Wally (from Muppets Valentine Special)

Kermit also dabbled briefly in hipsterdom when he went from straight man to the groovy one in the classic Visual Thinking sketch...though if it hadn't been by then, i'd say his membership in the hipster club was officially revoked when he hated Fuque for Frog!

...and perhaps my all time favorite (next to Floyd and Mahna Mahna)...the whatnot hipster in Sesame Street's variation of the Visual Thinking sketch with shapes ("Now do you know what a square is?" "I know WHO a square is!")
You're right, Hoots, Wally, Roosevelt Franklin, Wisss and the others you mentioned do belong in the Hipster category!

And yes, Kermit was a Hipster in the 1960's in the Visual Thinking sketch.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
My favorite hipsters:

Zoot
Floyd Pepper
Dr. Teeth
Zippity Zap
Clifford
Hoots the owl
Little Chrissy

peyjenk

Reaction score
I guess this makes me a square, but what is the exact definition of "hipster"?

BEAR

Reaction score
I'd add Kingston Livingston III to that list too.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
Well Floyd Pepper just has to be the hipped of the hip. He should be top the lists.

One more I think you should consider for inclusion is Lou-The-Jugband-Lady, how about it?

Nick22

Reaction score
mine are (no order)
Janice

Floyd

Dr. Teeth

Zoot

Lips

Lou (idk if she counts)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Maybe. I would think that other Minstrel with the round head and shaggy dark fur would fit better though.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Don't forget Rowlf. He can be hip when he feels like it. Along with Pepe' and Rizzo. They even did the hip bump at Cape Doom in Muppets From Space.
And who can forget, Big Bird's and Snuffy's rap sesson in ElmoPalooza, and even Count! Count got down with hip toons a few times.

Sam Eagle even has a hidden hip side. It started with Mac the Knife, as he bounced to the rythem, and fully appeared in MFS. All muppets seem to have lil HIP moments. Beaker was a DJ, Grover was a disco maniac, Elmo rapped, Cookie Monster rapped and disco'd, Ernie drummed, Oscar seemed to be into the rythem more than anyone else in Do De Rubber Duck.
Animal can be considered a hipster, he knows what's square.
Scooter as well, he has jammed with the Mayhem a few times.
And how come people always forget, The Solid Foam Drummer Girl and Trumpet Girl? Those two unnamed women are possibly hippest of them all.