Idea for a New/Classic Muppets CD

zns

Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Since Disney is trying harder to revamp the Muppets, it would be great if the performers (Steve Whitmire :smile:, Dave Goelz :concern:, Eric Jacobson :embarrassed:, and others) could come up with something like that.

muppetslover316

Reaction score
re release the frog prince

I think that they should release a DVD of the Frog Prince. That was a clasiic and it should be re release on DVD, so everyone can enjoy it.:smile:

Blumonkeyboy

Reaction score
I know some of the performers read this board, and some post, maybe someone should point them here :wink:

But im looking at it this way, I played Rainbow Connection for someone who hadnt heard of Kermit , gonzo, etc. (they knew sesame street) then after they saw Studio DC, they said the cd sounded different compared to Kermit on DC.

Telly

Reaction score
I can see where you're coming from. I think if Disney wants to get the younger generation into the Muppets, it might be in their best interest to re-record the classic songs with the newer cast. A lot of people might frown upon it though and looking at it as "trying to forget Jim Henson" (if that makes sense).

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I just want them to release the old movie albums already :/ I don't know why they haven't.

Yeah, they'd probably catch the kid's attention if they rerecorded the songs with their "flavors of the moment" stars like Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers. Although I cringe to think about it - maybe it'd be better if the muppets recorded WITH them, instead of letting them sing it all by themselves. I might actually buy the CD if they did :smile:

Telly

Reaction score
I would have a hard time if it was re-recorded with the "flavors of the week" on Disney Channel...unless it was with the High School Musical cast. :big_grin:

ngreen522

Reaction score
No, I don't think that's a good idea. It would be too weird. Adults know that character performers sometimes change. And it can be explained to children (my son took it fine). Anybody who finds himself becoming a fan of the Muppets will figure it out eventually. Don't laugh, but I just found out last year that Jim died :smile:rolleyes:I said don't laugh). I found myself loving all kinds of Muppet stuff, and when I googled "Jim Henson" to see what he'd been doing since the 80's ... well, you can imagine my heartbreak. Anyway, my point is we don't need to fool the current generation of fans. It is what it is.

However, "Flavs of the moment" .... I WOULD Support.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I get how you feel, Ngreen, I didn't discover that Jim had died until I watched MTI.

As much as I'd love to see (hear?) the ner performers doing the old songs...There's no need for Eric to record Never Before, or Bill to record Something Better Comes Along. I just don't see why it would be marketable, for a start.

But what I'd love is if they released remixes of the classic songs...Dance tracks, for example.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
^ Remixes would be interesting :smile: I'd love to hear something for "Together Again" or "Can You Picture."

Although you guys are right, any kind of rerecording (even if the Muppets took an active part) wouldn't be right. The kiddies can discover the music on their own :smile:

hoopless

Reaction score
But im looking at it this way, I played Rainbow Connection for someone who hadnt heard of Kermit , gonzo, etc. (they knew sesame street) then after they saw Studio DC, they said the cd sounded different compared to Kermit on DC.
along these lines what would be the point in just rerecording the cd's because then when the people who don't know them watch the films for the first time they would notice that those voices are different. the way i see it, you should just leave well enough alone and let the muppets continue to develop instead of trying to just take them back over the classics.

(having said that i can't say i'm a fan of the studio dc stuff because it just seems too forced and wooden on the part of the "flavours of the moment"):stick_out_tongue: