Idea for a New/Classic Muppets CD

dwmckim

Reaction score
Rerecorded songs just for the sake of having them with the new performers just doesn't fly...not only would it be kind of pointless, could offend a lot of people, but it's not that marketable (how would they publicize it? "Hear the old songs by the new Muppeteers"...shattering the illusions of Muppets as characters and promoting the fact that most are now recast somehow doesn't work). I don't feel the old songs should be untouchable and left alone, but a new recording shouldn't exist unless it was for a reason - like if a classic song was sung again in a new production and that version was released on record, that's more than okay - i wouldn't even mind a collection that had some of the Muppets' classics but not the "most famous versions" but rather things like the Celebration of 30 Years version of Rainbow Connection or Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson version of Just One Person.

There's been enough relatively recent releases of classic material what with Muppets Music and Mayhem and Best of the Muppets. What i'd like to see happen next would be regular compilations like Muppet Classics Vol 1, Vol 2, etc - a regular line that could incorporate any number of songs from different era - a good way for the classic songs to be rereleased (and a way for Disney to do so on its own record labels) and for some of the songs from more recent productions that weren't long or song-heavy enough to warrant a soundtrack to get a record release - like the Letters From Santa songs, "Everyone Matters" from VMX, Habanero from Youtube, Kermambo (needs a proper record release!), one would never know what each new volume could include...and perhaps a brand new track or two each time.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I think that they should release the whole back catalogue. Just my view but I would buy them all in CD Format and it would be great to have the full collection from the original cast albums to green and red christmas.

Like a said, just a thought.

Leanne
x