Save the Fozzie Replica

Would you buy a full-size Fozzie Bear Photo Puppet Replica?

• Yes. money is no object

Votes: 123 45.2%
  • Yes. if he is $400-$600

Votes: 40 14.7%
  • Yes. if he is less than $400

Votes: 92 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters

ElecMayhem

Reaction score
Well, I would say there is always hope... I mean, I have been gone from MR for almost 2 months, and although I still speak with a lot of people there, we generally don't discuss "work," and I have no idea what they have planned. The license still belongs to them, and for all I know, Fozzie could still be in the works. On that score, I have to defer to Tom... (Who is, I say again, a GREAT guy and a huge fan of all of the pop culture stuff that MR makes!) I would take his most recent post at face value... but there is always hope.

As for someone else making Fozzie IF MR does not, that is a possibility... but MR still has the license for a while, and so it would not be possible until the license expires.

muppetguy

Reaction score
True, very True, Trav. I will try and keep hope. I'm sure you, as well as all the other fans are just dissapointed about this entire thing. *crosses fingers*:insatiable:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Trav, they certainly need you as a Muppet Fan there to do anything Muppety. I would worry about things otherwise.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Don't want to sound negative here but this baffles me to no end. I know that MR got the Ghostbusters license and I really doubt that it is going to be that big....or not not even as big as the Muppets But MRTom anounced this at the Ghostbusters forum and I think this is what we where refering to about edition size and cost for Fozzie. Comes to find out that this is what they have planned for there Ghostbusters lineup.

Hi everyone, glad you liked the announcement. We wish we could tell you more and share everything that we know but we don't want any visits from the EPA. All in good time, again, we're still really excited to be allowed to make officially licensed products for GB.

Our plan is to keep you guys fully up to date with everything as the line progresses and share everything we're allowed to share with you such as development pictures, videos, etc.

We really admire the work that fans do, we certainly know how much time and effort is required to build these amazingly detailed and complex pieces. Right from the start, we want to make one thing clear - we will not impose or "blow a whistle" at what the fans have or are currently creating for themselves and we LOVE what you do, we're not attempting to compete with you. Truth be told, if the die hard fans hadn't kept the flame of interest in GB alive, we wouldn't be posting here now. Producing licensed commercial products for sale is one thing. Fan made homages are something completely different. We do not compare the two and neither should anyone else.

With other licenses we've worked on in the past, we've always had a great relationship with the fan community and have even worked with fellow enthusiasts in creating the best product possible. Nobody knows a property better than its fans. We really hope our friendship with Gbfans will grow as our GB line does and who knows, perhaps recruit a few good scientists to the cause!

Remember, we're fans too and we do read the boards, but we're not always "free" to be able to participate in every conversation as a private individual would. We're a public company and if we can't answer a question or provide information it's for a reason. It's frustrating for us, but that's the biz. So don't take it personally and don't look for a conspiracy around every other corner.

So let's get the ball rolling... The difficult issue of price! We're aiming at the following:

Ghost Trap - Under $400, Proton Pack - Under $1000. What does everyone think of that as an initial target? We don't see this line as hugely main stream and will probably keep edition sizes quite low in comparison to what we've done historically. This means a marginally higher unit price, but greater rarity. Do you think we're on the right track?
Here is the link:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8266&p=76845#p76845

Now why couldn't they have done this for us?

muppetperson

Reaction score
As I have mentioned in a couple of places, MR are looking into making a smaller edition of Fozzie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Don't want to sound negative here but this baffles me to no end. I know that MR got the Ghostbusters license and I really doubt that it is going to be that big....or not not even as big as the Muppets But MRTom anounced this at the Ghostbusters forum and I think this is what we where refering to about edition size and cost for Fozzie. Comes to find out that this is what they have planned for there Ghostbusters lineup.

Here is the link:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=8266&p=76845#p76845

Now why couldn't they have done this for us?
I think this shows a company learning from their mistakes. Great for MR and Ghostbusters fans, but too late for us at the moment. I do hope Fozzie gets revived down the line. There just seems to be a bad vibe with MR on the subject of Muppet products and Muppet fans right now.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think everyone knows me, and Ghostbusters is a franchise that follows after Muppets, but I like it and am excited about it, but maaannnnn! I could have loved owning a Fozzie!

In my experience in Ghostbuster fan message boards the fan community there isn't always an accepting, friendly place for some reason which is why I quit posting there. I had finally posted because a friend of mine has a brother who works in make-up and special effects in Hollywood and had some information. When I got an update on the possibilities of GB3, my initial post explaining where the information would come from was deleted, so I didn't even bother posting it and have decided to keep it to myself now.

So, I wonder how well the MR folks will fare with the GB fan community?

And here I am, Mr. Moderator, taking a thread off topic! I guess sometimes you just can't get the muffin outta the man, huh?

Fozzie. Now, we're back on topic. Fozzie. :smile:

I like the discussion that maybe FAO could license MR to make Fozzie as a poser. That would be nice. It would give us what we all need. I'll be happy with Fozzie as the last one.

(And after I get him, I'll say: I'll be happy with Miss Piggy as the last one. Then, after I get her, I'll say: I'll be happy with Rowlf as the last one. Then...)

Bear Man

Reaction score
I just wish I could find someone from whom I could commission a puppet foam and fleece pattern for a man with a very specifically shaped pointed head (contracts signed to stipulate that this pattern would be for my personal use only and no commercial copies made, of course). I'd love to commission someone else to dye some fake fur just the right shade of orange so I could create a great throw rug for my apartment.

Nick22

Reaction score
i want the line to continue very badly. i was really hoping to see fozzie and miss piggy. i also wanted to see the electric mayhem. (specifacly janice and floyd)