Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting segue. Who might everyone like to see make appearances in this movie? I'm talking guest stars, but, of course, any classic Muppet characters as well.

I would LOVE to see Ricky Gervais show up somewhere. Dunno why that popped into my head just now, but I like it.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
The people I'd like to see in this movie are:
Comedians: Wierd Al, Red Green, Molly Sugden, Ellen, Jerry Sinfield, Jack Black, Larry David, Jeff Dunham, Robin WIlliams, Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith, Dame Edna, Eddie Izzard, Lisa Lampanelli (I adore her but she may be to vulgar for the muppets), Bill Cosby, Steve Carell (his character Michael on the office loves the Muppets), & Rainn Wilson.

Actors: Johnny Depp, John C. Reilly, Graham Greene, jack nicholson, Patricia Routledge, Bruce Campbell, Christopher Walken, Dame Judy Dench, John Cameron Mitchell, Dom DeLuise (even though he's quite old), I'm sure there's more I just can't think of people right now.

Music Type People: Paul Williams, They Might Be Giants, Eels, Bjork (not a fan but the womans a living muppet lol), David Bowie, & Sparklehorse

muppet baby

Reaction score
wow i hope that this movie happens that would be so incredible , wow i can not wait
it will be so great to see all our dear Muppet friends back on the big screen some of my greatest memories are being in the theaters to see them on the big screen .

The first and the only movie that my mom's mother went to the movies with me to see as a child was the Muppet's take Manhattan .

She still talks about it but my grandfater is in such bad heath right now that she can not leave him for very long .
Hopefuly someone can watch him when we go and see this when the great muppets are back on the big screen .

The muppets are the best ever

Redsonga

Reaction score
OMG, a Johnny Depp+Miss. Piggy crush subplot element thingie would be so funny..I wonder if he likes muppets at all?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
She still talks about it but my grandfater is in such bad heath right now that she can not leave him for very long .
Hopefuly someone can watch him when we go and see this when the great muppets are back on the big screen .
My prayers to your family! :smile:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
The first movie I ever saw in the theater was "The Muppet Movie"... I was 6 years old and my mother took me. Of course I don't remember much but, the one image that stuck in my head was of Kermit riding the bicycle and his long legs... I was hooked and of course there was the Muppet Show. I could barely watch it as I was terrified of the bald eagle. I would run to the kitchen and cover my eyes when he was on. Kind of funny now, because he is such a harmless character - but, stern none the less.:attitude:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
OMG, a Johnny Depp+Miss. Piggy crush subplot element thingie would be so funny..I wonder if he likes muppets at all?
He's a relatively* talented person with moderate** taste. I would say most certainly.

*read: magnificently
**read: excellent

Redsonga

Reaction score
He's a relatively* talented person with moderate** taste. I would say most certainly.

*read: magnificently
**read: excellent
He must have been just the right age to start watching the Muppet Show :excited:

beaker

Reaction score
I could barely watch it as I was terrified of the bald eagle. I would run to the kitchen and cover my eyes when he was on. Kind of funny now, because he is such a harmless character - but, stern none the less.:attitude:
Well conservatives are kind of scary, heh

But yeah, there's no doubt that with the Appatow gang involved, there will most likely be the Seth Rogan/Jonah Hill/Bill Hader trio involved which would be sweet. I seriously can only imagine the unique take Stoller/Siegel will take, the more I know where theyre coming from.

And to whoever said Robin Williams, yes! He's one of my favorite actors, and sadly Im not sure he's ever done anything with the Muppets other than the Muppet magazine feature and (I believe) a Sesame Street appearence

And for some strange reason, I so could see Christopher Walken working with the Muppets in some capacity

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Well conservatives are kind of scary, heh

But yeah, there's no doubt that with the Appatow gang involved, there will most likely be the Seth Rogan/Jonah Hill/Bill Hader trio involved which would be sweet. I seriously can only imagine the unique take Stoller/Siegel will take, the more I know where theyre coming from.

And to whoever said Robin Williams, yes! He's one of my favorite actors, and sadly Im not sure he's ever done anything with the Muppets other than the Muppet magazine feature and (I believe) a Sesame Street appearence

And for some strange reason, I so could see Christopher Walken working with the Muppets in some capacity
That'd be me beaker it's been awhile since we spoke on myspace, but yeah Robin and Walken need to work with the muppets they arent getting any younger hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.