Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Now you're cookin' with gas. :big_grin:
I don't know what you mean? Yea I agree with Mrs Pepper and other when they say that he seems to get it. I would not be suprised to see that he comes on here and reads what all us fans have been complaing about over the years, I mean he is a fan.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I'm really, really excited for this. Everything about it just sounds great thus far. I can't wait to know more!

On another note, I'm really happy about the fact that much of Judd Apatow's crew is going off and making names for themselves. Seth Rogen has a number of projects in the works that have nothing to do with Apatow, and now we get word of this... it's really great and he's gotta be proud of all of these people he's been working with since they were teenagers (Rogen and Segel have been with him for about ten years now). Good on them!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Im just happy that everyone else is happy and that people now have hope.

I know some are scared but look ya know i really think this is going to work, and ya got to have faith. Kind of like when you sit in a chair you pretty well know that the chair is going to hold you and not let you fall on you butt. We have to have a little faith that Segal who from the looks of it is living every Muppet fans Dream. Will do like he says he is going to do with this movie. I really don't see Disney steping in and saying well we need to put Hanna Montana or the cast of High School musical in this movie, because i don't think they want them to be stolen by Segal. I have a feeling that the movie will lead to bigger and better things for the Muppets, but I only hope that it will draw some new fans in. I'm not really worried about lossing some old fans with this movie because it seems right on for us, but i just hope it brings in some new fan Blood and that this froum grows bigger then we ever thought posibal.

Kermie fan

Reaction score
Muppets have purpose!

Muppets can be good role models and be in an updated format. They can relate to the people with humor and problem solving skills. Jim Henson understood that they all have a purpose but most people just think they were all created for total entertainment. If you're a true Muppet fan and feel the hope that Jim Henson must have felt the day he created Kermit you too will understand the purpose. I hope some thing good comes from the movie. Something that Jim Henson would be proud of. Disney has standards and I hope these producers can provide what is needed to do the job right. As the song is sung, "We are all blessed." I want only the best for the Muppets! Some times all the experience in the world can not replace the the vision with purpose! I think that is why Hannah Montana is so popular because people feel that it is clean and gives life direction.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think Carrie Underwood would be good with the Muppets she has a really laid back persona. She is also a good role model for young people . She would be a good person to sing in a Muppet movie .
I'd hate to see more one hit wonders, or flavors of the month or anything like that with the Muppets, and I think these 2 dudes feel that way too. Personally, I though Reuben Studdard's Sesame Street appearance was beyond mortifying. Especially how he referred to one of his "memories" of "Ernie and Bert singing Rubber Duckie" or something like that, denoting both of them play with the duck.

I love how they brought up Charles Grodin. He isn't a great actor by any stretch, but he was one of those actors that was so flawless with the Muppets, they used him twice (as he was in the Muppets at Walt Disney World). I love repeat offenders like that and Jeffery Tambor (who also must have worked with them multiple times in Hollywood Squares as well).

These 2 will clearly have Seth Rogan somewhere in the film. I mean, he's one of their actors (as far as I can tell), and Seth did play Rowlf in a Saturday night Live skit (which he was utterly amazing in). Whoever they choose to star in it, let's hope they live up to their ideals of how great Grodin and Charels Durninng (sp?) were when casting it.

As for people I'd like to see work with the muppets again, I'm gonna say Tim Curry. Only because I thought he was great in MTI, and I'm a huge fan. He was Dr. Frankenfurter and Taurus Bulba after all.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I'd I'd also like the movie to stay away from flavor of the week people.
But I don't think I need to worry about that these boys behind the movie seems to feel the same way.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:flirt: Personally I'd like to see the Muppets with musical acts more like Foo Fighters, OK Go, U2 or even Weezer again before seeing them with Hannah Montana or Carrie Underwood. Acts that seem to be more weather-tested than label machinery or pop-of-the-moment. Taste aside; I feel such other bands would give a little more spontaneity and depth to Muppet interactions. I think the current guy at the helm gets that. :cool:

Heck, I'd like to see Miss Piggy throw down with Dame Judy Dench more than Raven Samone or Jessica Simpson. Honestly, who wouldn't want to make a wager on that boxing match? :mad:

The Muppets don't need to use tween stars to become popular to today's audiences. They can get the names to work with as long as the gang shows up with their A-game.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wouldn't be wild if they got some of the older stars that have done some things with the muppets before like Steve Martin and Charles Groden?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Heck, I'd like to see Miss Piggy throw down with Dame Judy Dench more than Raven Samone or Jessica Simpson. Honestly, who wouldn't want to make a wager on that boxing match? :mad:
I'd sell my entire Palisades Muppet figure collection to see that happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.