Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree. I hope the feeling continues through the end of the closing credits of a fantastic, best movie since TMTM, movie!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow. This is... Wow. Already this is making MSN News. I can't believe this. This is HUGE PEOPLE! LOOK AT THIS! I can't believe it. Wowowowowow. WOW. That's all I can say really. I'm shuddering I'm so happy. This is gonna be big people. It's gonna be absolutely HUGE. "This might be one project to look out for." I couldn't have said it better myself. I... I... wow. Wow wow wow. This is good. I'm happy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I found the initial reaction he received rather humorous, lol. But good for him for keeping at it. :wink:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I found the initial reaction he received rather humorous, lol. But good for him for keeping at it. :wink:
Oh I totally agree, but the fact that they bought it on the spot must mean that his pitch totally blew them away. Gah, I couldn't be happier about this right now. Unless of course I could help write the script, but now I'm just being greedy. :insatiable: :wink:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Gonzo talk!

Wow. This is... Wow. Already this is making MSN News. I can't believe this. This is HUGE PEOPLE! LOOK AT THIS! I can't believe it. Wowowowowow. WOW. That's all I can say really. I'm shuddering I'm so happy. This is gonna be big people. It's gonna be absolutely HUGE. "This might be one project to look out for." I couldn't have said it better myself. I... I... wow. Wow wow wow. This is good. I'm happy.
I was reading this and laughed.While I was reading it, I couldnt help visualising that Gonzo wrote it himself.:concern:

beaker

Reaction score
HOLY TAMOLE!

“I’ve just grown a little disappointed with ‘Muppets in the Old West,’ ‘Muppets Under Water,’ and all these weird concept movies,” sighed the 28-year-old “How I Met Your Mother” star, speaking for the first time on his recently-revealed plans to resurrect Rowlf and the gang. “I just want to go take it back to the early 80’s, when it was about the Muppets trying to put on a show. That’s what I’m trying to bring back.”

the Henson Studios designed those puppets for us,” Segel explained of his inspiration. “While I was there, I was talking to them and asking when the next Muppets movie was coming out, and they said ‘We don’t control the Muppets anymore, Disney does.’ And that just made me think back to those early 80’s Muppet movies, and The Muppet Show.”
Here's basically the hot new property with the massively popular Apatow gang in tow(Seth Rogan, Johnah Hill, Bill Hader, Paul Rudd, etc) saying "No more Muppets in Wonderland, no more Muppets
Oliver Twist...were bringing this whole thing back to where it needs to be"

Now here's a guy, that could easily have gone on to make another
mass money making R rated summer comedy, and he basically said "JHC aint gonna do it, Disney aint gonna do it, if its gotta me who gets this thing going...then so be it!"

If this becomes an iron clad done deal, were talking about a major mainstream theatrical summer release in 2010 folks.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
TWO YEARS...? I'll be dead in two years! haha. I'll certainly be older and looking more like a muppet - CAN I BE IN THE MOVIE?

*Whistles;*
Life's like a movie, write your own ending
Keep believing, keep pretending

*Sets up a tripod, pulls kermit replica off shelf...*

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i really don't think it will take long to write the movie like i have said before it seems like he knows where the movie is going to go. I think what is going to take so long is re buliding some of the older Puppets that have not been used in some time.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Well, writing a script varies in time. Jerry Juhl and Kirk Thatcher definitely knew what they were getting into with MTI but I remember on the "Tale Behind the Tail" or whatever that making of is called, that Kirk detailed just how long it took them to write a script. And they were already basing it off of a highly known story.

So, two years sounds pretty accurate. Even the simplest of movies are usually one year pre-production, three months production and six months post and remember that with the Muppets every shot is a special effect. But still: two years with a planned release is better than two years with nothing in development. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.