The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Do you honestly think there will be a third movie. This is going to be another Garfield. Two and out. There is no staying power.
I see your overwhelming optimism has hit this thread as well. :wink:

There will definitely be a second film. Since the models have been built and the first film has been a great financial success, a sequel is imminent. I personally enjoyed the current film and will purchase the DVD once released. It wasn't perfect, but the majority of moviegoers I've talked to enjoyed the movie too. The next film's success depends on the writing and direction. I'd rather have faith in the enterprise than be a wet blanket. There's a history of good and bad second and third installments of mainstream movies. My thinking is that if a third didn't hit the theater it would go straight to video as the DVD market is a huge cash cow!

As far as what the second film would be about without the Chippettes? Well, most of the 80s TV series didn't need them. I doubt the second film would. Maybe they should show up right at the end of it, but I'd still like to see an entire film focussed on the main three since so much of the current film was spent setting up the characters. :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
The thing is with a sequel, that when the movie shows that the plot is solid where it's not like a TV show, to where you can push the story forward, then it's kinda hard to DO a sequel. Just look at Passion of the Christ. Think about how Mel Gibson is probably kicking himself because he couldn't do a sequel. It's hard to do something like the Chipmunks as a sequel UNLESS you include the Chipettes. I don't know, I haven't seen the movie, but if the first one was setting the characters up, then the 2nd one could have them doing something like one of them gets kidnapped and they have to save him or some overdone story like that, then the 3rd one could have the Chipette characters. But that's just me.

Daniel

Telly

Reaction score
If the story to the sequel is good enough without the Chipettes, do it without them. I don't want them to just be thrown into the sequel just because the fanbase wants that. Look at Spider-man 3. Sam Rami threw in Venom. I heard that he didn't like Venom and didn't want to put him in any of the movies, but the fans complained. Don't get me wrong, I still liked the third installment. It just kinda seemed thrown together though.

unclematt

Reaction score
I remember going to see a Muppets live show that begun with Beaureguard sweeping the stage. Anybody remember that.

Telly

Reaction score
From the looks of it, Alvin seems to be holding his own at the box office! Anyone know how well this movie's been doing?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
From the looks of it, Alvin seems to be holding his own at the box office! Anyone know how well this movie's been doing?
As of the 1st the Chipmunks have made $153,632,443 domestic. It's back at number 2 while Legend slipped down. This film has staying power even I didn't see coming. I knew it would do well, but this is impressive.

Telly

Reaction score
I love it! That'd be sweet if it was at least #2 for this weekend as well!