The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Peanuts is well protected by Creative Associates and United Features Syndicate.

I didn't like the "raisin" joke in the trailer. It seems that is way off course for what the Chipmunks' humor was about.
:embarrassed: Fun Fact:
As the co-owner of a family of mice (Speedy, Squinty, Spunky and Crinkle) I do know that mice eat their own...well...poop to aid in digestion! I looked it up and was concerned. :eek:

I'm not sure if chipmunks do that too, but it definitely wasn't what they were going for in that first teaser ad. :smirk:

As for these other properties-turned-event-movies, I liked the CG model and Bill Murray voice artistry of Garfield, that's it though. I wasn't at all pleased with Rocky and Bullwinkle. I liked Boris and Natasha - the human casting there was spot-on. The animation of the characters seemed weird and off to me. Underdog, well I can't say too much about it because the trailers made me want to throw something at the screen. Inspector Gadget had its interesting moments, but I didn't care for it.

Next year, reportedly, the new remake film will be The Smurfs in CG. The property lends itself to the medium, but the quality depends on the writing. Sometimes it my morbid curiousity wins-out and I go to see these things!

Drtooth

Reaction score
frogboy4;593618 As for these other properties-turned-event-movies said:
Well, the problem with Bullwinkle... well... Bullwinkle fans know that when you put higher quality animation with a property famoose for bad animation, you're really taking a jump. I have qualms about CG characters pasted into live action films, but at least it wasn't a real Moose and squirrel. unlike Underdog, which totally missed what it was supposed to be. And in every aspect as well.

Next year, reportedly, the new remake film will be The Smurfs in CG. The property lends itself to the medium, but the quality depends on the writing. Sometimes it my morbid curiousity wins-out and I go to see these things!
I really hope when it's made, the Smurfs (or should it be Smurves?) can keep their original alternate middle ages timeline. I keep having fears about Smurfs being brought to the current time line and rapping and stuff. Even still, if its close to source material, which source material is it going to be like? The comic and American cartoon are pretty different from what i've heard-including the fact Gargamel in the comic doesn't like Smurf Stew, even eating one repulses him. I think if they keep it close to the source material we'll have a decent project.

But when it comes to these movies, I just wanna see new merchandise. Fat Albert merchandise came out too late after the movie (Sababa released 4 vynal figures, but never released the rest of the Junkyard gang...and worse. No Brown Hornet), and I was disappointed the Disney store didn't have so much as an Underdog Beanbag (when George of the Jungle and Gadget yeilded some plush). So, it will all be worth it if Alvin gets some nice cartoon looking toys and t-shirts. I'd love to see Smurf stuff too, but we still have the Schliche (sp?) Figurines if you look hard enough for them.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Did Gargamel try to eat the Smurfs on the cartoon? I always thought that he wanted to turn them into gold. Azreal appeared to be the hungry one. :concern:

:confused: IMDB rumors John Lithgow in the cast. I wonder if he'd be Gargamel or Vanity? And Julia Sweeney is the only other rumored cast listing. Smurfette? I always felt that show imploded with the addition of Baby, Grandpa and all of the other little new Smurfs. I also agree that they should keep it in the Middle Ages. That's a huge part of the mystique of the Smurfs IMHO. The time period alone creates endless story opportunities! I always wondered why the Smurfs hadn't been revived yet. :zany:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh wow, that Alvin trailer looks great. I for one am very excited about this movie and think it'll be great.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Ok, after watching the new trailer, I think I will go see it, mostly because Theodore has always been so adorable and they appear to have stuck to his main characteristics.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did Gargamel try to eat the Smurfs on the cartoon? I always thought that he wanted to turn them into gold. Azreal appeared to be the hungry one. :concern:
I sort of remember that he did. But then again, i haven't seen Smurfs for years. I did catch an episode on CN back when I think I was in High School, and that's way way off. I'm sure there are other changes the cartoon had the comics never did.

I always wondered why the Smurfs hadn't been revived yet.
Breif period in the 90's? They had new toys. They never quite sold, however. And they were marketed towards girls. The cartoon hasn't returned, except for CN reruns.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I always wondered why the Smurfs hadn't been revived yet. :zany:
They were, slightly. There was an animated anti-war commercial featuring the peaceful Smurfs and suddenly BOOM! Bombs began to fall and they were under attack. It showed (if I remember correctly) a deceased Smurfette with Baby Smurf crying in the streets. It was horrible.

Just like violence is horrible, no matter what. They made their point with this little animated piece.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They were, slightly. There was an animated anti-war commercial featuring the peaceful Smurfs and suddenly BOOM! Bombs began to fall and they were under attack. It showed (if I remember correctly) a deceased Smurfette with Baby Smurf crying in the streets. It was horrible.

Just like violence is horrible, no matter what. They made their point with this little animated piece.
I remember that. Thought it was a fan made piece. It was disturbing. :eek: