The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Drtooth

Reaction score
I loved that made for TV movie. I usually hate these kind of "look at the scandelous crap that happened behind the scenes" telefilms, but this one was tastefully done. Mike Chiclas (sp?) did a wonderful job as Curley.

As for the new film... well, Somehow I feel the Farrely brothers can handle the immaturity, but it won't be the same.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I loved that made for TV movie. I usually hate these kind of "look at the scandelous crap that happened behind the scenes" telefilms, but this one was tastefully done. Mike Chiclas (sp?) did a wonderful job as Curley.

As for the new film... well, Somehow I feel the Farrely brothers can handle the immaturity, but it won't be the same.
Yeah, Michael Chiklis was a good Curly. Most of the material in the telefilm came directly from the book.

The Farrellys have gone on record as saying they are major Stooge fans (they were interviewed in the book), and claim a lot of material in their films were inspired one way or another by the Stooges...although I don't recall Moe using "hair gel" in any of the films...:wink: But hopefully they'll do justice to their lives and career.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Chiklis was also a decent John Belushi in the horrible flick Wired. Now THAT was a hack-job first class, with none of Belushi's friends or family involved.

Telly

Reaction score
Didn't Larry get his junk caught in his zipper once? Kidding.

Telly

Reaction score
Every time I think of Three Stooges always think of the midget cartoon characters that were on Scooby-Doo

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Ew...Curly had kids?
I believe he did.

The parakeet reference was from Dumb & Dumber, when that mobster guy decapitates (offscreen) Jim Carrey's parakeet. Carrey then sells the bird, with its head taped on, to some neighborhood kid.

Telly

Reaction score
Hahaha I got the parakeet reference. I was just thrown off that Curly had kids cuz I was thinking of the cartoon versions of them for some reason

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I moved my comments here.

Please excuse the thread I started. This one was kinda hidden, but I should have known there was one around here somewhere...:embarrassed:

Directed by Tim Hill...well, Muppets From Space is by far my least favorite Muppet film so I'm still on the fence.

The poster didn't give me much hope. Creepy hip-hop-look and sneakerless chipmunks. But the trailer shows promise. Still, what's with the no sneakers? That was really their thing. :stick_out_tongue: