The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Whoa! Kay...Good grief.:stick_out_tongue: I was reading the movie name, but I didn't ever recognize it in the least. It took a while to connect in my head that that was Underdog, and not because I haven't seen it in so long, either. But that is one of the stupidest trailers I've ever seen and in no way would it ever want me to want to watch the living in a million years if you paid me to.:stick_out_tongue: I could see somebody not knowing who Underdog is wanting to see it, But not true underdog fans. Honestly, who is this movie for? I can just see little commenting on how completely stupid and ridiculas it is. It's not familiar with Young kind at all, anyway. It just looks like Disney had some property lying around, and just got property happy and figures that they had to do something with it. Yuck!:stick_out_tongue:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I've decided that I don't care how the Chipmunks dress. As long as Alvin is arrogant and sarcastic, Simon is stuck-up and smart, and Theodore is chubby and lovable, then I just don't care. There really isn't more to them than that. It's all you need to make them work, no matter what kind of music they play.

That is a fact.

Also, I have decided that I really like the way they look. Yeah, it's different than the cartoon, but the characters look the way they should. The grin on Alvin's face is very cunning. It looks like he's about to break curfew or sell Dave's car for some extra change. I love it.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
That's true, But I sure hope they don't lose their character traits.:eek:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I think that the chipmunks too too getto in this movie. And they look too much like real chipmunks (though that's how they originally looked, before The Alvin Show).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think that the chipmunks too too getto in this movie. And they look too much like real chipmunks (though that's how they originally looked, before The Alvin Show).
Well you know how it is, everything's going ghetto these days; remember when "the new Cartoon Network" surfaced, how ghetto it was?

And speaking of The Alvin Show, I just read that whatever network it was going to air on wanted it to have a laugh track, but Ross Bagdasarian Sr. refused.

Drtooth

Reaction score
UGH! White Gangsta Rappers...... Man, nothing like having a bunch of out of touch white 50 year olds hipping things up for them youngsters, eh? I mean, they did such a good job with loonatics unleashed and the 2005-2006 4Kids Tv all girls crap line up....

I mean, really.... did this film need to be made? Can't we just re-release the Chipmunks Adventure to theaters instead? They'll lose the same amount of money.

BTW, who else was disappointed Chipmunks go to the Movies was a cheap 3 episode 10 dollar disk, and not a proper 2 disk 13 episode release. I have Back to Alvin's future on Video, but I want a DVD version of it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BTW, who else was disappointed Chipmunks go to the Movies was a cheap 3 episode 10 dollar disk, and not a proper 2 disk 13 episode release. I have Back to Alvin's future on Video, but I want a DVD version of it.
According to Wikipedia and a few other sources, Alvin and the Chipmunks go to the Movies was the last season of Alvin and the Chipmunks, only retitled (after the title had already been shortened to just The Chipmunks). Most of season 6 and all of the last two seasons just weren't included in the syndication package for some reason. But if Chipmunks go to the Movies was originaly Alvin and the Chipmunks, then the other seasons should have been released first.

But maybe we'll get season sets for Alvin and the Chipmunks because of this movie, and maybe even the complete Alvin Show series. I wonder if there are any music rights concerning Alvin and the Chipmunks (there haven't been very many video or DVD releases of this series, and ironically, most of the epsiodes released on video or DVD were not included in the syndication package).

Drtooth

Reaction score
But maybe we'll get season sets for Alvin and the Chipmunks because of this movie, and maybe even the complete Alvin Show series. I wonder if there are any music rights concerning Alvin and the Chipmunks (there haven't been very many video or DVD releases of this series, and ironically, most of the epsiodes released on video or DVD were not included in the syndication package).

Of course there are... That's why "white Wedding" was unceremoniously pulled from BOTh Super Mario Brother Super Show AND Captain N. I read they were releasing GTTM, but they only had 3 episodes, which was disappointing. A full 13 episode small season of this series could have tested the waters for future box sets...

A nd personally, much as I love the 80's series... they NEED to release the Alvin Show first! Not too many music rights there

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Of course there are... That's why "white Wedding" was unceremoniously pulled from BOTh Super Mario Brother Super Show AND Captain N. I read they were releasing GTTM, but they only had 3 episodes, which was disappointing. A full 13 episode small season of this series could have tested the waters for future box sets...
I've read that the various song covers from Super Mario Bros. Super Show were included in video releases that were released at the time the show was still in production (though still edited), and the song covers were cut when the show was put into syndication.