The RHLC!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I mean bottom line is whether or not it has decent writing (easier said than done of course, lol) and doesn't resort to the low class, depressing humor that popped up in some of the projects from the '90s. Or on the otherhand, having nicer humor but be too bland and generic (that's probably more what I'm worried about, heh).

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Studying for exams is gonna kill me no joke. Anyway, :big_grin: I'm almost done and then I get to watch Christmas films, guess which one I'm watching first. Dunno? Muppet Family X-mas for da win!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thanks however if I can get through another paragraph of The Canturbury Tails with out going mad I'll be impressed.
Aw lol, well I remember liking The Canterbury Tales in High School, I agree it takes effort to get through. :wink:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Aw lol, well I remember liking The Canterbury Tales in High School, I agree it takes effort to get through. :wink:
'twas torture! Beowulf was worse though. Why can't we read Alice in Wonderland, I actually liked that. Or something like A Christmas Carol or Tail of Two Cities or something NORMAL that people actually NEED to know about. I mean who cares about some twenty odd people who went to Canturburry when April's showers peiced the root of marches flowers or that the Franklin looked like Santa and the Cook had some disgusting sore on his knee WHO CARES? I don't. Let me read some Dickens and Shakespear and I'll be on my way. I wouldn't mind some Toliken and Lewis thrown in either.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
'twas torture! Beowulf was worse though. Why can't we read Alice in Wonderland, I actually liked that. Or something like A Christmas Carol or Tail of Two Cities or something NORMAL that people actually NEED to know about. I mean who cares about some twenty odd people who went to Canturburry when April's showers peiced the root of marches flowers or that the Franklin looked like Santa and the Cook had some disgusting sore on his knee WHO CARES? I don't. Let me read some Dickens and Shakespear and I'll be on my way. I wouldn't mind some Toliken and Lewis thrown in either.
Well I was lucky I actually had a teacher who made Beowulf and Canterbury interesting. We did some bizarre stuff like talk shows with the characters, lol.

I tried reading Dickens years ago but maybe I was just too young, I might try again at some point.

Sharkespeare, definitely, though I wish we'd read Mid Summer Night's Dream, I got so sick of Romeo and Juliet, lol.

It's a crime that Tolkien and Lewis aren't taught more in schools! (They were friends you know). :smile:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
Well I was lucky I actually had a teacher who made Beowulf and Canterbury interesting. We did some bizarre stuff like talk shows with the characters, lol.

I tried reading Dickens years ago but maybe I was just too young, I might try again at some point.

Sharkespeare, definitely, though I wish we'd read Mid Summer Night's Dream, I got so sick of Romeo and Juliet, lol.

It's a crime that Tolkien and Lewis aren't taught more in schools! (They were friends you know). :smile:
Yup I know all about them. When I watched Dark Crystal the first time they reminded me sorta of hobbits. :smile: