The RHLC!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
i'm bad at puppeteering, my sister's better, it's for the same reason i can't write haiku's, i can't count syllables very well :boo: maybe i'll record voices and someone else can puppeteer, because i'm really good at voices, and as time goes on Sweetums and the Sweedish Chef keep going farther and farther away from the original voices... i find anyway, they're too high pitched, i was watching MFC and MCC the other day and noticed the Sweedish Chef's voice went up :hungry:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
i'm bad at puppeteering, my sister's better, it's for the same reason i can't write haiku's, i can't count syllables very well :boo: maybe i'll record voices and someone else can puppeteer, because i'm really good at voices, and as time goes on Sweetums and the Sweedish Chef keep going farther and farther away from the original voices... i find anyway, they're too high pitched, i was watching MFC and MCC the other day and noticed the Sweedish Chef's voice went up :hungry:
I've never tried so I don't know but I just think it would be fun to try.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I'm back - I've been absent for a few days. The usual reasons, work, life, etc.

I can count syllables all right - I'm actually pretty good at writing haiku - but I'm not sure how good I'd be as a puppeteer. I'd probably end up working behind the scenes - sometimes I like to think that if I were hired with the Muppets, I'd be on the writing staff.

I'm actually working on a few TMS outlines right now - I think it's time for me to do another fanfic.

I notice that you guys were talking about bullies earlier - I got bullied quite a bit in middle school and high school, and it just felt like the teachers didn't do much of anything about it. It is for that reason I am thankful that Facebook did not exist until I was safely out of high school and away at university, where my classmates and professors were much nicer.
There's actually a lot of talk about bullying going on here, since the state is going over some new anti-bullying legislation.
It is reassuring to read that our heroes went through a lot of the same things when they were kids - like how Richard kept having a gang of bullies steal his papers off his bike when he had his paper route. Seeing that Richard and many other picked-on kids went on to very great things gives hope for the world.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Wow, been absent for just over two months. So sorry I disappeared after inquiring about Jane Hunt's health. So glad that she's ok and still with us, keeping Richard's legacy alive.

Starting to get more and more excited about the new Muppet flick, esspecially now with the build up and more behind the scenes pics and interviews showing up. And the Entertainment Weekly photo of Jason Segel, Walter and The Muppets at the Table Read for the new movie, showing a new rebuilt Scooter (looking more closer to the classic TMS, 70's and 80's look we mostly remember) has gotten me even more excited.

I have to admit, a while back I still had my doubts about this movie. Even though Jason Segel had said he wanted to make it more like the movies from the 70s and 80s, I thought to myself, well, that's a great goal but would it be completely possible after all the other productions over the years and more importantly will characters like Scooter, Rowlf, The Electric Mayhem be given more bigger parts like they had back then? But after seeing the behind the scenes pics and more interviews, my reservations have been alleviated especially since most of the images we've seen have, so far, only shown the classic Muppet group and surprisingly no sight of Pepe or the newer characters. I'm actually starting to wonder if we'll see him or any of them in this movie, we most likely will but now I know for certain Jason Segel wasn't kidding when he said he wanted to bring it back to the old days!

I hope we do definitely get more of David Rudman's Scooter in this movie and other classic, now recast characters. The latest news out is that the movie will be more of a musical and there's been 10 -12 songs written. I hope Scooter gets a song or at least a big part in one.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
i pray there's no Pepe, i can't stand Pepe :mad:

yea, i'm really looking forward to it, along with the Fraggle Rock movie, but at the same time, after MTI [well MFS wasn't too bad] it's been a bit of a downhill struggle for them, so i'm a little worried how it'll come out. either way, gonna see it in theatres :flirt:

if he is a fan of the old school Muppets, then hopefully he'll do it justice. i'm just hoping there's one 'hopping mad' joke somewhere in the new movie [it may be a bad running gag, but it's the Muppets biggest bad running gag] :wink:

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
yea, i'm really looking forward to it, along with the Fraggle Rock movie, but at the same time, after MTI [well MFS wasn't too bad] it's been a bit of a downhill struggle for them, so i'm a little worried how it'll come out. either way, gonna see it in theatres :flirt:
Yeah that's my concern too. For me, MFS wasn't bad, the first half of the film is much better than the second half IMO. I think with the more recent projects like the viral videos and the episode of Extreme Makeover earlier this year (which I haven't seen yet but I know The Electric Mayhem are there), they're starting to slowly intergrate the old group of Muppets and bring them back to the spotlight. I really do believe that a big part of the reason 'Bohemian Rhapsody' was so popular was cos virtually, the whole group was there - old and new muppets and each had a big part to play. I think the people who are in charge and work with the Muppets get this now or at least are starting to and this movie could either be the next big step or the last step in bringing these characters to the fore. I can't think of another way to describe this other than "The Final Test" if that makes sense.

It'd be a shame if the talents of David Rudman, Matt Vogel and Bill Barretta weren't put to good use with these characters in the end, just sticking them in with a line or two or recurring roles.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've really never been a fan of post-Jim Muppets, so I'm approaching this with a mixture of hope and uncertainty, lol. I mean I didn't think Lord of the Rings would do any justice to the books, but I was very happy to be wrong there! So the only thing to do is wait and see. :smile:

Nekoshema

Reaction score
yea, they're slowy getting back on track, the two movies after Jim and Richard's death [MCC and MTI] were really good i think they were proving the Muppets could still be the Muppets even after a big loss then through the rest of the 90's and the first decade of 2000, they were struggling to find their voice, but i feel with the viral video's they've been pointed in the right direction. true things'll never be the same, but you can't fault someone for that fact, so long as they try, and the characters are done justice, we should be happy. :wink: [besides, we've still got all the old skool stuff on DVD and VHS to look back on fondly]

now after saying that, could you try and get Frank Oz's characters voices right? hearing Fozzie is driving me nuts [sorry got a thing with voices] he can sing correctly, but talking is another matter. :mad:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I think MCC was definitely a nice movie, but it never feels like a Muppet movie to me. I guess I'm just a purist, you know how annoying they can be. :wink:

It's obvious they're trying, I think any good franchise peaks and then struggles to get back to that moment when everything was perfect. The forumla they used in the '90s just didn't work. They would really need a major shakeup. It's possible this movie will be it. Just have to wait and see. :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Same here - because we're so accustomed to what the Muppets did while Jim and Richard were still alive, it feels a little off sometimes to see some of the new material.

Yeah, it just felt like the Muppets had been "tamed" a bit in the 90s - there wasn't the same level of gleeful anarchy we saw in TMS and the first three movies. So we'll have to see where things go with the new movie.