The RHLC!

Nekoshema

Reaction score
oh, one more thing, analeisa i looked at the picutes, and i loved it, made me smile, made me laugh, made my day :wink:

analeisa

Reaction score
Likewise, Analeisa (ooh, what a lovely name)- lovely to meet you. :smile: Always awesome to meet a fellow Hunt fan too, heehee. ;3 Btw, hope you don't mind, I checked out your tumblr (the one on your MC profile), the one dedicated to muppeteers- I must say, awesome pics! I haven't come across many of them before.
Yep, Hunt fans are great. :wink: And, hee, thank you! I'm so glad that you like my tumblr. I'm glad everyone else likes it too. That's what I run it for: to put Muppeteer love all in one place.

That said, the Muppet obviously cheer me up too. The world can be such a cruel place so it's nice to watch characters do funny/crazy things, have an innocence about them, and care about each other. That's probably the main reason why I enjoy the Muppet and their performers: they give out so much love.

[and i should have never told my one guy friend i admire someone named Richard Hunt cuz he won't stop calling him 'dick hunt' and adding gay slurs onto it, i swear i'll punch him if he doesn't stop:mad:]
That's terrible! I'm sorry that your friend is such a jerk about Richard. I feel angry on your behalf.

Anyhow, I would LOVE for them to release the full pilot of Puppetman. It seems like that would have been such a fun show. Richard and Fred Newman antics = awesome.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Ditto. I might be biased but I really don't think Scooter gets the attention he deserves. He's always been an important character (he is Kermit's right hand man, once took over hosting the show, part of the core group, etc.) but it's not represented in merchandising and stuff like that. For example, in Muppet Chirstmas Carol the retired characters of the time (Rowlf, Janice, even Scooter's Uncle) got cameos but he didn't.
Yeah that's always bugged me that Scooter didn't even get a mute background appearance back then like Rowlf, Janice, Dr. Teeth and others were getting, even Scooter's Uncle like you mentioned and he didn't do much before. I don't know, maybe the case was that since Richard died shortly before or during filming of Muppet Christmas Carol and since Scooter embodied more of Richard than any of his characters, perhaps it was painful for all involved with that movie at the time to see the go-fer. I could certainly understand that.

Nekoshema - I saw the pilot on youtube and I thought it was quite good. My favourite line is "Muppets Season Three Audience with Audio Commentary came out today! Okay, I love you. BYE! *runs off*" - hits close to home for me heh :wink:

Man, I hope I can get that Fraggle Rock DVD boxset! I haven't seen all of the show properly, I saw an episode or two last year and liked them and I think it'd be worth it for the behind the scenes footage of Richard and co. It'd be great to see the man in action! The only behind the scenes footage I've seen so far don't really show Richard with his antics except for one instance where I think Richard was tickling Dave Goelz to get him to jump when they were buried underground performing moles I think, for a Muppet Show skit.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hmmm...that guy sounds like a real jerk, Nekoshema. That's really cruel of him to say things like that.

The only place I've been able to see the whole "Puppetman" pilot is at the Paley Center - they've got it in their archives, but since they've not digitized it yet, you have to ask for the tape at the viewing desk or something.
But yeah, it'd be nice if that were released or something - and also, it said somewhere that Richard wrote a couple of test scripts or something for the show. I wonder where those ended up - I'd really love to see those.

You hit it right on the money, analeisa - with the Muppets, there's a lot of mayhem, but there's a lot of genuine love and affection - two things that we don't often see in this world.

Kiki

Reaction score
Yep, Hunt fans are great. :wink: And, hee, thank you! I'm so glad that you like my tumblr. I'm glad everyone else likes it too. That's what I run it for: to put Muppeteer love all in one place.

That said, the Muppet obviously cheer me up too. The world can be such a cruel place so it's nice to watch characters do funny/crazy things, have an innocence about them, and care about each other. That's probably the main reason why I enjoy the Muppet and their performers: they give out so much love.
I couldn't have said it better myself, analeisa. I love the "Jim Henson approach" to life... getting along with one another, staying positive, there's so much truth there. I can as cynical as the next guy, not all the time... but no matter what I always look at the big picture. I can be a cynical optimist- that doesn't make sense, does it? :wink: I don't believe everything I hear, and I'm realistic, but when I say I'm realistic I mean that sometimes we have to put things in perspective- and some people forget that, they just take everything for granted. Good luck to them or whatever, but you become very self-pitying and pigeon-holed- you begin to dislike everything and everyone around you. The philosophy of Jim's inspires me everyday, and nothing cheers me up more than watching an old Muppet Show video or some classic SSt. Sometimes I really over-do it: with schoolwork and the like... I think I'm a workaholic by nature, because I'm overly-independent and I like to keep myself busy, but sometimes by doing this I prematurely burnout, and then I realise enough is enough. I have to take a break, and something as simple as watching an Ernie and Bert sketch... it just lifts my spirits so much.

Nekoshema

Reaction score
same here Kiki when i see muppet skits i get a huge smile on my face and fall into that world they created. i find as you get older it gets harder to stay like that since people get joy in destroying what you love, so i just yell 'your face' and walk away. it stuns them for a moment, then they chew you out on a stupid comeback. at least they stops saying stuff about the things i love :wink:

and analeisa, although my friend is a real s.o.b. sometimes, and he's only got, like, five friends, he can be nice too. although he finds enjoyment in making me mad, so he goes on about richard, i just try and ignore it. *cover's ears and sings loudly* it's just a dream! away! you've got to leave! to stay! we'll meet again! someday! just a dream away! :sing: [love that song :flirt:]

analeisa

Reaction score
I think you're right on the mark too, Kiki. I don't like those people who go on pity parties and look at life through negative eyes either. Life can be pretty bad but the thing that will truly help get through it is to keep your head up and hold other people's hand. That metaphor is kinda cheesy but it's true, I think. The Jim philosophy of being apart of everyone and everything is something I aspire to as well. Honestly, I think Bert and Ernie sketches amuse me more than they did when I was a kid.

You hit it right on the money, analeisa - with the Muppets, there's a lot of mayhem, but there's a lot of genuine love and affection - two things that we don't often see in this world.
Thank you. I really do think that's why the Muppets continue to touch so many hearts.

Maybe the case was that since Richard died shortly before or during filming of Muppet Christmas Carol and since Scooter embodied more of Richard than any of his characters, perhaps it was painful for all involved with that movie at the time to see the go-fer.
Aww, yes, that would certainly be a good reason to keep the gofer away for a while. It makes sense too. Kermit embodied a lot of Jim and they tried to use him less (ex. Clifford hosting Muppets Tonight). Still, I feel bad that Scooter gets a smaller amount of love than the others. *hugs him*

and analeisa, although my friend is a real s.o.b. sometimes, and he's only got, like, five friends, he can be nice too. although he finds enjoyment in making me mad, so he goes on about richard, i just try and ignore it. *cover's ears and sings loudly* it's just a dream! away! you've got to leave! to stay! we'll meet again! someday! just a dream away! :sing: [love that song :flirt:]
Oh, I gotcha. I have some friends who can be like that too. I try and ignore it when they act mean too. Most of the time when you act like something doesn't bug you, they'll move on to another thing. :stick_out_tongue: Oh, I love that song too! It's actually one of my favorite Fraggle Rock songs ever.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Aww, yes, that would certainly be a good reason to keep the gofer away for a while. It makes sense too. Kermit embodied a lot of Jim and they tried to use him less (ex. Clifford hosting Muppets Tonight). Still, I feel bad that Scooter gets a smaller amount of love than the others. *hugs him*
Yeah I've always felt that way about Scooter too - not getting the same amount of love as other characters get, but hopefully that's gonna change in the future :smile:

Come to think of what you mentioned with Kermit. I also recall the story of when Steve first had Kermit handed to him and he couldn't even go near him for a month. And I never really thought about them using him less for some time but you're certainly right about that.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
around here there's only 3 muppet fans [my sister, my new friend and i] everyone else hates them.
Too bad you aren't around here. Just about everyone in my mom's science class now knows who Bunsen and Beaker are, and one student once gave my mom a colored in picture of Elmo, not to mention the occasional random reference from somebody other than myself. (And no, we're not in kindergarten, either. :wink:) Also, my friend Britt is a self-proclaimed "Beaker Obsessiac". :eek:

what i hope they would do is release a behind the scenes DVD but also add in the pilot for Puppetman [i keep watching the opening on youtube and i love it, i really want to see the whole thing, particularly the part where Richard has to sing with Rita.]
You had me at "behind the scenes DVD".

one last thing, my sister had this school project and she based her character off Richard's in Puppetman, and she wanted me to link it to you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3jZVGhKu1U, and yes she owns a Bert puppet, don't get me started. :frown:
Oh, that is so awesome!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Just thought I'd drop in and say hello to everybody in the club. :smile:

I'm very excited as my enrollment with The Salvation Army is coming up, as you can tell by my current signature. :excited: :big_grin:

I will be sure to let you know how it goes.