Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Lol, that's very interesting... I hadn't noticed that before! I wonder if she meant to do that, or had that on her mind?

It's still so funny to imagine Miss Piggy in this sketch. Especially with our cute little female piggies. Something tells me, Marty, that your female piggies are a little bit more well-mannered than the crazy, karate-choppin' Miss Piggy! I just can't imagine your female piggies taking out those big ol' boulders with just one "hi-ya!" :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That is very interesting! I hadn't really thought about things like that before. Naturally, they would have some similarities in the way they climbed. But with their own personal, cute little quirks, those would definitely come out in the way they climb throughout the sketch, too! :big_grin:

And as we've mentioned, the end piggy seemed to start loosening up a little bit during the chorus. So, while singing the second verse and the rest of the song, do you think he would still show some nervous signs, or do you think he would stay more relaxed throughout the rest of the sketch?
I would say after having got the slight case of hackles out of his system he would have carried on climbing and singing with joy. I've mentioned myself that I speculate he was only a little nervous about how far the distance was between them and the bottom. Perhaps he had underestimated what it would look like as they reached the higher ground. But he loved happy wandering really with all his heart and had confidence that it would be safe and he was firmly fastened to his buddies all the time by the security rope, so he assumed anyway at least:wink: So if there were no goats sneaking around I presume he would have relaxed more happily in the subsequent verses.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Ooooh hey! Maybe at the end of the chorus, we could have the end piggy seem to slip a little bit but not fall off... so that way, we could still have the "Watch your step" line in it and all the piggies would still be ok! And then, they'd have no other problems throughout the sketch... just let them happy wander in peace! :big_grin: Sounds like fun!
That's an interesting idea Caroline. The only reservation I have is the thought as to whether slightly slipping on real loose stones would have an increasing effect upon the end piggy's nervousness perchance.:confused:
Could he have become a nervous wreck worrying the other two with his fears of falling?
Point to ponder eh?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And by the way I'd just like to say for the record that my lady piggy watch your step signature is back. :excited:

Skye

Reaction score
That's an interesting idea Caroline. The only reservation I have is the thought as to whether slightly slipping on real loose stones would have an increasing effect upon the end piggy's nervousness perchance.
Could he have become a nervous wreck worrying the other two with his fears of falling?
Point to ponder eh?
Well, each piggy has a different and distinct thing about them. We have the leader piggy, the middle piggy, and the end piggy (aka the nervous piggy, lol). And the way I was kind of picturing it is that his nervousness is part of his personality... he's so very nervous about going up higher like that, which is normal, I'd say. So, as the first chorus comes around, he's relaxing a little bit, which we are happy about because we want our piggies to do what they love to do in peace! But then he slips a little bit, and maybe his nervousness comes back for the next verse. And then, the second chorus comes around and he's beginning to relax again. And by the end of the song, he's... the piggy star! Lol, well ok, maybe not. But by the end, he's really feeling a lot better... even though he showed his slight nervousness throughout the climb for various reasons, he now knows that nothing is going to happen, except him and his buddies conquering that mountain! Now, that's a great day! :big_grin:
Sorry, lol... I'm big on beating insecurities and/or fears and coming out on top. :smile:
And by the way I'd just like to say for the record that my lady piggy watch your step signature is back.
Yay! I'm so excited to see your lady piggy version back in your signature again! :excited: It looks great. I love your signature tribute to our lady piggies, hehe.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You have an interesting way of looking at it Caroline. And it does make sense.
Some people are the same in real life. There's a big difference between being despairingly nervous and confidently nervous.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Until I can come up with any new quirky things to say here's a post to wish all happy wandering piggies and evil goats, male and female alike, a very Happy New Year for 2008. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
You have an interesting way of looking at it Caroline. And it does make sense.
Some people are the same in real life. There's a big difference between being despairingly nervous and confidently nervous.
Aww, thanks, Marty! Me saying things that make sense doesn't happen too often, lol. :zany:
But that's exactly what I was thinking. I think that is the way many people might feel.... hmm, I guess I'm trying to give the piggies a little bit of human nature here, hehe.

And yay! Happy New Year everyone (and to our piggies and evil goats, too)! I hope 2008 is all-around great, great, great for everyone! :excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
*looks left, looks right* *steps onto the mountain path* *is hit by rolling boulders*

But seriously...I am so pleased and surprised to see that this thread still exists! Little did the three pigs know when they went a yodelling that they would gain a cult following!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Heh. We just love 'em to death Beau. :big_grin:

Great to see ya visiting us here. Happy New Year to you also. :big_grin: