Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Ahhhhh, lol. I didn't even notice I said that! You're absolutely right. And you know something? I was actually just thinking about this exact thing last night before I went to bed, lol... who exactly would be considered the "first" piggy. Unfortunately, my pre-sleep mind wasn't brilliant enough to come up with anything. :wink:

But it is tough to say, really. Because just like you said, he's technically first in the line, but he is the last piggy to go down after his buddies... he's the last piggy standing (for at least a little while), hehe!

So yes, we've got the end piggy, the middle piggy, and the leader piggy. The phrase "first piggy" must be used carefully, lol. :big_grin: Thank you for pointing that out, Marty!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well I suppose in the context of being the leader climber you would call him the first pig but in light of what happens to his buddies before what happens to him he does get kinda delegated to being thought of the last or third piggy, dies he not?
I want to point out the word of boldened in my own quote Caroline.
I had really meant to say does he not? and when I noticed the typo my first impulse was to correct it. But then I thought seeing the word it spelt I may as well leave it alone. It fits in with our quirky craziness here dies it not?:wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
So yes, we've got the end piggy, the middle piggy, and the leader piggy. The phrase "first piggy" must be used carefully, lol. :big_grin: Thank you for pointing that out, Marty!
BTW you're welcome regarding this point Caroline. I shall comment further upon the rest of your reply later on.:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
(Opening of a bare mountainside scene)
(Three women (pigs) appear climbing up as music begins to play. Leader pulls herself up and turns to nod at the others. The middle woman is climbing with a pick and the woman on the end is trembling a little. As they all commence singing she looks back down the mountain acting nervous)
All: We love to go a-wandering along the mountain track.
(they all look at the audience, the nervous one scrunching her snout, then as they resume she turns to look down and tremble some more)
All: And as we go, we love to sing. Our knapsacks on our backs.
Woman on end: (pulling herself up closer to the others singing enthusiastically) Val-de-ri.
(others sing merrily while she looks at them)
Leader: Val-de-ra.
Middle: Val-de-ra.
(woman on end turns to audience and prepares to sing with gusto when she falls off) Val-de-aaaaaaahhhhh!
(other women do double take in horror then turn to look at each other)
Together: Oh dear!
Leader: (quickly glancing at the audience then turns to middle woman who is also staring ahead) Ooooohh. Watch your step!
Middle woman: (turning to her in response) I will! I will!
(They proceed to climb further up with care, the middle woman using her pick to secure herself as much as possible as they resume singing)
Both: High overhead the skylarks wing. They never rest at home.
(Leader cautiously takes a big step up and other woman follows slightly, imbedding the pick into the mountain as they finish the second verse.
Both: But just like us they love to sing, as o'er the world we roam.
Leader: (gently tugging on the rope between them to verify it's firm and secure) Val-de-ri.
Middle woman: (nodding her head and giving a relieved laugh) Haha. Val-de-ra.
Leader: (gently tugging the rope again) Val-de-ra.
(Middle woman hums the tune joyfully as she prepares to sing when she suddenly falls off leaving her pick stuck in the mountain) Hmm-hmm-hmm. Val-de-aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!
(Leader woman does a very shocked double take and watches her fall)
(Leader woman turns and moans despairingly) Oh no! (then pulls herself up further and looks back down shaking and singing in an agitated sobbing voice)
Oh may I go a-wandering until the day I (bawl) die. O may I always laugh and sing (sob sob) beneath the clear, blue sky.
(she climbs up slowly towards a stick-like protrusion as she sings crying)
Val-de-ri (oooo-hooo)
Val-de-ra (wail)
Val-de-ra (when she doesn't fall she holds on and leans back belting out)
Val-de-ahahahahaha!
(she then pulls herself up climbing higher singing happily and loudly and emphasizing her joy)
Val-de-ri! Val-de-ra! (raises her arms in order to climb higher still)
Beneath the clear, blue (two huge boulders come rolling down, she turns toward the camera and cries "Awk!" just before they run her over screaming) skyyyyyy!
(the boulders roll down past the pick still stuck in its place and out of sight where the trio first appeared as applause sounds.)
(then a goat sticks his head up and turns to the camera bleating three times, then once more looking down as the scene fades)
And Caroline.:excited: I have PMed the link to this post to some of my other forum friends. I received one reply back so far saying it's great:excited:
I know you love hearing such feedback. :big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
I want to point out the word of boldened in my own quote Caroline.
I had really meant to say does he not? and when I noticed the typo my first impulse was to correct it. But then I thought seeing the word it spelt I may as well leave it alone. It fits in with our quirky craziness here dies it not?
Lol! You know, I did notice that typo, and was wondering if you had noticed it. But it's certainly oddly appropriate for this thread, isn't it? :big_grin: I love that you couldn't resist leaving it just the way it is... I love it, too! Oh, and btw... fit in with our quirky craziness? Yes, it dies. :wink:
BTW you're welcome regarding this point Caroline. I shall comment further upon the rest of your reply later on.
That sounds great! I know you'll have very fun and interesting comments and thoughts on my slightly random ideas, lol.

And how cool that you've alerted some of your other friends here to your awesome script, also. Hehe, I certainly do love hearing the positive responses. After all, what other kind of responses could our adorable female piggies get? :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And you know something else?
Call me a teeny bit fanatical Caroline, but I always love a good excuse to quote that awesome script of mine again and again in here.:big_grin: :excited: :wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Lol, I don't blame ya! And it's always nice to have it pop up again... it's a fun little bump for (and a great reminder of) our 1,000 post!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And also wouldn't it be cute if the female Happy Wanderers in my sketch were a blond, brunette and a redhead in whichever order you preferred best?:flirt:
I found this old post of mine and I thought that maybe I had helped to inspire Katie for her drawing of the female Wanderer piggies.:big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Hey, that's very true, I'll bet that your post did inspire that for her.

It's funny because I vividly remembered that subject coming up in our thread here, but I couldn't remember how much we actually discussed the ladies having their cute different hair colors, hehe. So thank you for bumping up that post of yours! Lets me know that I'm not totally crazy and that I didn't just imagine you bringing that idea up before, lol. Fun and neat idea, indeed! :big_grin:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Interesting thing is that looking at Katie's picture again I thought the middle lady piggy with the blond hair reminds me of Miss Piggy. Just something about her puts that into my mind. :wink: