New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

wwfpooh

Reaction score
You'll like it here, the people are all very nice and we talk about all the shows and movies :smile:.
And even moreso, we may get wrapped into discussions about characters and why they do the things they do or act a certain way.

john mark blair

Reaction score
ok i am here. i have rejuvenated an interest dormant of puppet love. i took a puppetry elective back in high school, what was it twenty five years ago? yikes. at any rate, i have been asked to take charge of the puppetry ministry to our young folks at church. so i began delving into puppets. rediscovering how very much i loved them and the old muppet show, dark crystal , yoda, the gary gnu from the old great space coaster show ...i could go on. so here i am like the guy up there said lurkin, and joined. i also recently discovered the foam im using sucks. its crumbly and impossible to cut straight. so i saw a discussion somewhere about foam. well one of you who can save me from this mess i am making please help? i have two puppets made now. i named them habib and stretch and are glorified puppets with moving mouths and cardboard mouths, and the third i am working on today is my first crafted foam head, and foam mouth puppet. i've even secretly learned to use the sewing machine, and, yanno what im having a blast! i have been watching tutorials from you tube and thistledown and a guy who did a tutorial on how he made ratchet a cat and another on a pig with a roly pattern. im absorbing all i can, learning at an accelerated pace and am eager and hungry for advice criticism and help. hello all, i guess i may be sorta needy at first and less an asset as a liability? but i am glad to be in the puppetry world again, why did i ever get away i will never know.
thanks in advance.
jm

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Welcome to MC John. As to helping you with puppetry, that type of question belongs in the puppetry section. XD

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just getting my feet wet around here. I absolutely don't know why I didn't sign up sooner, it looks to be a very lively place. I'm 37 years old, live in Germany, and grew up watching the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock religously. My husband is now as big into Fraggles as I am, which is saying a lot, since I am a Fraggle Freak from the word go. He even sings 'Follow Me' and that always makes me smile. :smile:

I absolutely love to sing, thus my picking this particular name and I am also a hobby teddy bear maker. I love cartoons, kids shows, movies, and even literature. Perhaps one might say I'm a kid at heart who is cleverly disguised as a grown up! That's got to be it!

My absolute favorite Muppet is probably Cantus. I always loved his sort of spiritual meanderings, which is probably why I really like Mokey. But, I am a huge fan of the entire Fraggle Universe. Oh I love Kermit too, and Fozzie...and well, you get the idea.
What else can I say?

Not a lot, but I need to go and find me an avatar. :smile:

Redsonga

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just getting my feet wet around here. I absolutely don't know why I didn't sign up sooner, it looks to be a very lively place. I'm 37 years old, live in Germany, and grew up watching the Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock religously. My husband is now as big into Fraggles as I am, which is saying a lot, since I am a Fraggle Freak from the word go. He even sings 'Follow Me' and that always makes me smile.

I absolutely love to sing, thus my picking this particular name and I am also a hobby teddy bear maker. I love cartoons, kids shows, movies, and even literature. Perhaps one might say I'm a kid at heart who is cleverly disguised as a grown up! That's got to be it!

My absolute favorite Muppet is probably Cantus. I always loved his sort of spiritual meanderings, which is probably why I really like Mokey. But, I am a huge fan of the entire Fraggle Universe. Oh I love Kermit too, and Fozzie...and well, you get the idea.
What else can I say?

Not a lot, but I need to go and find me an avatar.
Hello ^.^! It's nice to meet you. I was an 80's baby but didn't see FR until I was 12 and just joined all the fraggle fandom here this year to :smile:. If you like reading fanfic at all my newest story is centered on Mokey and Cantus:excited:.

We have lots of fun ranting and singing about FR thingies here...:coy: