The Classic Electric Company Memories Thread

Xerus

Reaction score
The Noisy Sirloin. We see Luis Avalos at a table in a restaurant. His waiter, Morgan Freeman, served Luis a SIRLOIN. But the sirloin was making loud sizzling noises. He told Morgan that his sirloin was too NOISY and was hurting his ears. Morgan said he'd fix that and started making cute sweet talk to the sirloin like it was a baby and the noise stopped. Then Morgan left. Then Luis said now he can eat it. The sirloin got upset and started up the loud sizzling again. Luis tried to sweet talk the sirloin again and offered it some salt and pepper.

Xerus

Reaction score
Skip Hinnant walks down the neighborhood and sees a black round bomb in the middle of the street with a long fuse. And the bomb had the words, FOR YOU, on it. Skip did not want the bomb and tries to give it to the next person he meets. Soon, the whole Electric Company cast was passing around the bomb saying it's for them, while the fuse was getting shorter. Finally, Luis Avalos was the last one to get the bomb while everyone else ran off. Then the bomb exploded. When the smoke cleared, we see Luis sitting on the sidewalk with the top half of the bomb on his head while he was enjoying the candy that was inside the bomb all along. Then the whole gang came back and demanded Luis give them the candy for they said it was, for them.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Hey Cullen. This is what a dead forum looks like when Rigor Mortis has set in. But you and I Keith this thread alive in spite of toxic politics and what not.

you might remember this mad scientist bit with Morgan Freeman as the scientist and Luis Avalos as Igor (these hold up quite well).

Igor has an angel version of himself on his shoulder telling him to “Remain”. Meanwhile the devil on his other shoulder is telling him to “Run”.

Cue the Clash song “Should I Stay or Should I Go”.
After much conflict, Igor decides to remain. His loyalty is rewarded when the scientist comes back with a pizza.

Igor just creates one faux-pas. This is a New York pizza, with its thin crust. The local custom is to fold the slice in half to eat it.
But there are worse things he could do.

Xerus

Reaction score
Hey Cullen. This is what a dead forum looks like when Rigor Mortis has set in. But you and I Keith this thread alive in spite of toxic politics and what not.

you might remember this mad scientist bit with Morgan Freeman as the scientist and Luis Avalos as Igor (these hold up quite well).

Igor has an angel version of himself on his shoulder telling him to “Remain”. Meanwhile the devil on his other shoulder is telling him to “Run”.

Cue the Clash song “Should I Stay or Should I Go”.
After much conflict, Igor decides to remain. His loyalty is rewarded when the scientist comes back with a pizza.

Igor just creates one faux-pas. This is a New York pizza, with its thin crust. The local custom is to fold the slice in half to eat it.
But there are worse things he could do.
I so remember that skit. :smile: And at the end, the angel was seen eating a slice of pizza. While the devil shouted, "Now he'll never leave! How did you know this was going to happen?!" The Angel replied, "I'll never tell."

Xerus

Reaction score
Orange Peas and Orange Steak: I remember a Very Short Book where they did a parody of Green Eggs and Ham. A silent waiter, Luis Avalos, served a customer, Morgan Freeman, a dish of orange peas and steak. Morgan just replied, "I do not like orange peas and orange steak!"
The waiter poured glue on the dish and Morgan replied, "I do not like them mixed with glue!"
The the waiter put the food in a shoe, while Morgan said, "I do not like them in a shoe!"
The waiter helped Morgan put his coat on and found the food hidden in his pockets. Morgan: "I do not like them in a coat!"
Then it showed the waiter and Morgan in a rowboat and he tried to offer Morgan the dish again. And Morgan replied, "I do not like them in a boat!"
Finally, the waiter took out a drill and threatened to drill a hole in the boat and make it sink if Morgan didn't try the dish. So he finally did and said, "It could stand a little more salt."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Too bad Lorelei got phased out after Season 1. But she did leave behind one memorable nursery rhyme.

Rinky Dink Dink
Three men in a sink
The butcher (Morgan Freeman)
The baker (Lee Chamberlin)
And Freddie the Fink (Skip Hinnant)
Fred gave a tug
And pulled out the plug
And I think that that sink will soon sink.

Mogan: “Fred, you’re a real fink!”
Skip: “I know”.

They could have abandoned sink, but Fred observed the time-honored nautical tradition of going down with the sink.

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone remember this TEC cartoon by John Korty? First, it showed a four legged dinosaur eating leaves from a tree and a girl's voices saying, HUNGRY. Then a bigger two legged dinosaur came along and started eating the tree leaves too, and the voice replied, HUNGRIER. Then a cute tiny bird with a huge beak came and gobbled up the entire tree from the two larger dinosaurs. Then it showed the bird all full and happy and the voice replied in a loud vicious voice, HUNGRIEST!

Xerus

Reaction score
A collection of classic Electric Company skits from a school video tape.

JK23

Reaction score
During his one season, Bill Cosby enjoyed playing corporate big shots and used car salesmen. Anything to get behind a desk and light up his cigars.
Why did he only last one season? Well, his plate was pretty full. He was working on his Master's degree, hosted a summer variety show called The New Bill Cosby Show (it tanked after a handful of episodes), and this new cartoon creation called Fat Albert.
Plus his standup comedy routine.
Cosby was a workaholic during the 1972-73 year which is why he left the regular cast after season 1, but he also made room to occasionally make more appearances during TEC’s second season at that time as well mostly with brand new segments in episodes like 150, 154, 165, 176, and 223. He even appeared on “A Very Short Book” too. Season 2 was really his last season on the show entirely. Obviously same with Lee Chamberlin. They both left around the same time.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Cosby was probably busy with his role on "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids" and other material in 1972-73. Didn't that cartoon series launch in 1972?