Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
There are always two sides to every story, and reporters are supposed to share those sides equally and without personal opinions or thoughts.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Interesting you don't point out that NBC news edited their coverage of the Ma'Khia Bryant shooting. They completed edited out the part of the 911 call that mentioned that a girl is holding a knife and threatening to stab someone. They edited the body cam footage of the actuall attempted stabbing and just showed the knife on the ground. Your fascination with all things Trump and FOX news is unhealthy. Seek help.
Well of course they edited it out! Remember, only blacks can kill other blacks and they have to be accepting of it! We can’t show that to the world!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Can you really, Dwayne? Can you? 🤔
Sure I can, I know that the topic of his message is both controversial, and can also see how someone could find it offensive. That being said, it still doesn't mean people can't talk about it. You disagree with it, and that's ok, you have an opinion about it and that's ok. Personally, I think a little debate, or conversation about real life issues like this help educate people and can expand a person's knowledge, and understanding.
So, what particularly bothered you?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If you share this on your own personal Facebook profile (which I see you did) where half (or if not all) of your friends share your same beliefs, that’s one thing. If you share it on a public forum where there are many members of different races, cultures, sexual identifications, etc, you’re going to get negative reactions. I pray to God (literally) you don’t share this on the Muppetcentral discord if you’re still active there at all. You won’t get as off the hook easily.

Frankly I couldn’t continue watching this video the minute he referred to the LGBT community as “sissies” and “wimps” as just a way to have an immature temper tantrum over how people sexually identity/choose to live with their lives. This is a problem I have had with extreme hardcore Christians and why I have always been very casual when it comes to Christianity. And from what you’ve shared on your Facebook page you easily fit in that category. I have seen you straight up share an image saying you can’t be a Christian and LGBT at the same time.

I hope you know I’m also speaking as a bisexual man.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have seen you straight up share an image saying you can’t be a Christian and LGBT at the same time.
And, I hasten to add, the time you called my faith into question because I'm liberal, as your mindset was that one cannot possibly be liberal and Christian . . . of course, you have since apologized for such, and I have forgiven you, but it's not really your place to say who can and can't be a Christian regardless of who they identify as sexually or politically, because it all comes down to each individual's one-on-one relationship with God and Christ. I mean, if you were to ask me, I can't fathom how many conservatives can even call themselves Christians when they hardly ever follow Christ's teachings, let alone hardly even follow some of the most basic of Biblical principles (i.e. all of these conservatives hungry for murder when the Bible says thou shall not kill, or teaching hatred of other minority groups when the Bible says love thy neighbor as thyself).

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
And, I hasten to add, the time you called my faith into question because I'm liberal, as your mindset was that one cannot possibly be liberal and Christian . . . of course, you have since apologized for such, and I have forgiven you, but it's not really your place to say who can and can't be a Christian regardless of who they identify as sexually or politically, because it all comes down to each individual's one-on-one relationship with God and Christ. I mean, if you were to ask me, I can't fathom how many conservatives can even call themselves Christians when they hardly ever follow Christ's teachings, let alone hardly even follow some of the most basic of Biblical principles (i.e. all of these conservatives hungry for murder when the Bible says thou shall not kill, or teaching hatred of other minority groups when the Bible says love thy neighbor as thyself).
I know I'm wasting my breath but do you have a link to the conservatives hungry for murder?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Love thy neighbor is an important lesson in the Bible. But there is one mentioned more frequently that says trust God.

I figured that sermon would ruffle some feathers, but he did make a few points I did agree with. There has been a breakdown in families, and most children (especially boys) don’t have a strong father figure in their life.
I don’t think that leads to a rise in homosexuality, but it does lead to a rise in crime.
Too much time is spent on phones, tablets, PCs, etc. that families can’t even sit down to dinner anymore. This is all too true.

Some churches have made concessions for homosexuals. Pope Francis casually dismisses homosexuality as a sin, even though before him the Catholic Church was one of the biggest strongholds against it.

Love the sinner, hate the sin would fit in here nicely..

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
A few more facts have emerged in the Adam Toledo story.
He was the 13 year old kid in Chicago shot by a cop.
Adam was missing for two days. His parents didn’t know of his whereabouts.
He recently joined the Latin Kings, an Hispanic street gang. Not as newsworthy as MS -13, but Adam already had a gang tattoo.

13 seems far too young to be joining a gang. But in spite the media spin of Adam being a good boy taken from this world far too soon, he was already on a bad path. Being in a gang usually ends one of two ways, in jail or dead.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
A few more facts have emerged in the Adam Toledo story.
He was the 13 year old kid in Chicago shot by a cop.
Adam was missing for two days. His parents didn’t know of his whereabouts.
He recently joined the Latin Kings, an Hispanic street gang. Not as newsworthy as MS -13, but Adam already had a gang tattoo.

13 seems far too young to be joining a gang. But in spite the media spin of Adam being a good boy taken from this world far too soon, he was already on a bad path. Being in a gang usually ends one of two ways, in jail or dead.
He must've been in training as a member of the Young Republicans gang. I've read somewhere that conservatives are hungry for murder.