The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Anyway I’m not the biggest fan of Denny’s to be honest. I just go there if I’m with friends or family.

cjd874

Reaction score
In general, my family doesn't like going out to eat. We've been to more bad places than good ones (there was a Denny's that had bad food, and a local pizzeria that reeked of gasoline), so that affects their perspective. In general, my family doesn't like going out. Restaurant dining is hit or miss because my dad and mom are very frugal, almost bordering on stingy, so they only will go to cheap places. My dad's favorite restaurant is McDonald's.

Once I'm independent, I'm going to try harder to eat at the GOOD places in town, and also balance out my meals more so that I don't end up with high cholesterol or heart problems.

cjd874

Reaction score
@cjd874 I would certainly hope Five Guys is on your list.
Of course! Their food is great. I don't mind some of the chains like Wendy's and McD's....but they're not as good as Five Guys in my opinion.

I also enjoy food with mild to moderate spice...my best friend and I had dinner at an Indian restaurant right before Christmas 2019. It was the last time I saw him before the pandemic hit; and ten months later he moved to Indiana. A good memory from a great time in my life.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I like a good spice but not to the point where it feels like I can’t even enjoy my dish without gasping for air. (I’ve had food THAT spicy before).

cjd874

Reaction score
I like a good spice but not to the point where it feels like I can’t even enjoy my dish without gasping for air. (I’ve had food THAT spicy before).
Yeah....I don't get why some hot sauces brands label their products along the lines of "SATANIC ***-KICKING, MOLTEN LAVA HOT SAUCE" in all-caps. Are they hoping to attract masochists?

Any Del

Reaction score
Ate something extremely spicy out of curiosity and my entire body was on fire.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
When the food is so spicy that you’re going to end up pooping out blood later on.